View Full Version : NFS:U Patch HELP!

adnfsc
12-12-2011, 08:13 AM
Hi guys, i need your help BAD.

I have downloaded the first and second patches for Undercover (namely 1.0.1.17 and 1.0.1.18 )

i tried to install them both and had the same error. It said, "old file not found. However a file of the same name was found. No update done since file contents do not match"

Then i made a backup of my save files and Uninstalled NFS:U with revo. Cleaned the registry and my system. Then re-installed the game and tried to update AGAIN. Unfortunately, it still had the same problem.

Does anyone else have this error? or is it just me?

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Sirius-R
12-12-2011, 03:12 PM
Make sure you don't use Reloaded's exe.

adnfsc
12-13-2011, 03:27 AM
Make sure you don't use Reloaded's exe.

okay, thanks. I'll try a different kind of .exe :) Will post back as soon as possible.

UPDATE : I tried to search far and wide for another form of .exe but no luck. Any suggestions?

UPDATE 2 : Allrightyyy, I just got it DONE LIKE A BOSS!! *ehm* welll, it turns out it wasn't just the exe that was the problem, I had to replace the entire CAR, GLOBAL, and LANGUAGE (folder and content) from another installation.

Also, now I know what they meant by "the first patch making the game impossibly hard to beat". yup, I'd second this, the opponents skill and speed in cornering is ridiculous. A Zonda F (and a an SUV for this case) taking a 90 degree intersection turn at 360 km/h is just stupid. I have a Zonda F fully tuned with all driver skills maxed out still ended up in either the wall or another cars grills when I tried to pull that off.

Anyways, thanks for the pointers! now onwards! to the challenge series!!