View Full Version : NFS:U Patch HELP!

adnfsc
12-12-2011, 07:13 AM
Hi guys, i need your help BAD.

I have downloaded the first and second patches for Undercover (namely 1.0.1.17 and 1.0.1.18 )

i tried to install them both and had the same error. It said, "old file not found. However a file of the same name was found. No update done since file contents do not match"

Then i made a backup of my save files and Uninstalled NFS:U with revo. Cleaned the registry and my system. Then re-installed the game and tried to update AGAIN. Unfortunately, it still had the same problem.

Does anyone else have this error? or is it just me?

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Martin the hedgehog
12-12-2011, 02:12 PM
Make sure you don't use Reloaded's exe.

adnfsc
12-13-2011, 02:27 AM
Make sure you don't use Reloaded's exe.

okay, thanks. I'll try a different kind of .exe :) Will post back as soon as possible.

UPDATE : I tried to search far and wide for another form of .exe but no luck. Any suggestions?

UPDATE 2 : Allrightyyy, I just got it DONE LIKE A BOSS!! *ehm* welll, it turns out it wasn't just the exe that was the problem, I had to replace the entire CAR, GLOBAL, and LANGUAGE (folder and content) from another installation.

Also, now I know what they meant by "the first patch making the game impossibly hard to beat". yup, I'd second this, the opponents skill and speed in cornering is ridiculous. A Zonda F (and a an SUV for this case) taking a 90 degree intersection turn at 360 km/h is just stupid. I have a Zonda F fully tuned with all driver skills maxed out still ended up in either the wall or another cars grills when I tried to pull that off.

Anyways, thanks for the pointers! now onwards! to the challenge series!!