View Full Version : Graphics issue with PU

Dark Stealth_Hunter
12-29-2011, 10:10 PM
Okay, so I just recently installed PU to my comp, did the full guide, installed EA cars through IPL, etc.

The problem is, the cars in-menu look absolutely gorgeous..but only to find that in-game they look like blocky POS'. Is there a graphics issue with modern graphics cards? I run a nVidia GTX570. Or is there something I completely missed? Even the settings in options menu is turned up to maximum.

Any help will be appreciated.

~Bio

Speeder_97
12-29-2011, 11:16 PM
Its a game from 2000 what do you expect ?

Primus
12-30-2011, 12:13 AM
Its a game from 2000 what do you expect ?

If you're going to provide nothing, it's best to keep your mouth shut.

DSH, PU used to have this feature where it would lower the detail of your car automatically if it deemed your system was too weak to run it at full. The result is your car and ground textures would be hideous. It only occurs on systems with 1.0GHz+ processors or 333MHz-. Google a fix for the blocky textures, I'll try to look for it in the morning, I'm ****ing dead right now.

Dark Stealth_Hunter
12-30-2011, 12:24 AM
If you're going to provide nothing, it's best to keep your mouth shut.

DSH, PU used to have this feature where it would lower the detail of your car automatically if it deemed your system was too weak to run it at full. The result is your car and ground textures would be hideous. It only occurs on systems with 1.0GHz+ processors or 333MHz-. Google a fix for the blocky textures, I'll try to look for it in the morning, I'm ****ing dead right now.

Thanks bro, I'll search it up.

And Speeder, I know it's from 2000, but look all around NFSCa-no, look ALL across the internet, you will see people play games as far back as 1992. Don't rush in to judge me\flame me next time.

~Bio

Skirmisher
12-30-2011, 08:37 AM
There's a fix right here (http://www.nfscars.net/forum/showthread.php?t=29789) in this forum.

Dark Stealth_Hunter
12-30-2011, 05:42 PM
I've tried those fixes, and it didn't even work.

I'm just about to give up on this game and stick with High Stakes.

Skirmisher
01-01-2012, 10:06 AM
Actually, now that I think about it, that didn't work for me either, I don't think. But I've played the game so much without the fix, I don't really mind it. :P

Dark Stealth_Hunter
01-02-2012, 08:14 PM
There's another issue in the "fixed" save file..all the cars does in-game is just accelerate like no tomorrow and turn left only? I got no control over it.

Are there any other graphics bug fixes for this?

Wadsy
08-07-2014, 07:35 PM
I'm using windows 7 64 bit pro and everytime I try to run Porsche Unleashed it'll open, but on the main menu I am unable to change my screen size/resolution in game and the graphics flicker in menu. When I attempt to go and do a race I get some error about directx7, which I already have. Does anyone know how to help/or if there is a known issue with PU on Win7 64 bit systems?

Greger
08-07-2014, 08:46 PM
Thread closed for bumping. Create a new thread.