View Full Version : Tokyo Xtreme Racer: 01

Twin_Turbo511
05-09-2003, 10:36 AM
I've loved all the previous TXR's and I've heard another rumor about the release of another TXR comming out. I went to different sites looking for info and so far found 2 videos on gamespot.com (that will probably take me forever to download). I heard it is comming out in June this year. Is it a coinsidence that this game is comming out around the time of 2 Fast 2 Furious? Just like the TXR0 and FNF? Whatever, can anyone post info on this? Appreciate it.

PS > I also heard the new game will feature engine swaps... I hope this is true, and I hope it's not like Auto Mod's engine swaps.. :eyes: :crazy: :faint:

Kracka
05-09-2003, 10:38 AM
i read something about it in like jan. of 2002, and it said it would come out september of 02. so i guess we'll see what happens.

by the way, you got a link to the vids?

Venom
05-09-2003, 10:43 AM
I saw the game on www.gamefaqs.com a while back. Here is the link to the TXR01 site: http://www.genki.co.jp/games/sb01/index.html

Twin_Turbo511
05-09-2003, 10:52 AM
WOW! That is night and day compared to TXR0... And the JZA80... ohhhh..... :faint:

Is there anyone that can translate the stuff on that site? I like everything so far. I just wanna read the features..

viper4shane
05-09-2003, 08:24 PM
holy crap! the light mods for the game is gonna be something! dayum! if some of you didnt know i had the TXR 01 logo for my avatar a while back.

Anonymous
05-09-2003, 08:34 PM
holy cow!!! that sounds MAD!

T®u3no G+ Ap3x
05-10-2003, 04:24 AM
WOW! That is night and day compared to TXR0... And the JZA80... ohhhh..... :faint:

Is there anyone that can translate the stuff on that site? I like everything so far. I just wanna read the features..

altavista.com :wink: one ss reminds me of GT3.. I want that game.. :lol: but can't afford PS2 :(

OZ
10-15-2003, 01:39 PM
Sorry to bring this old to*c back up, but i visited the official site of this game, but I don't know a heck about japanese or any oriental language. Anyway, I wan't to know if anyone knows if this game is still being produced or have been cancelled, cus I'm really interested in getting a copy of it

heres the link for the site, no english version avaiable yet.

http://www.genki.co.jp/games/sb01/index.html

Venom
10-15-2003, 01:42 PM
On Gamefaqs I heard rumors theat Ubi Soft got the rights to publish TXR-01 in the US. I'm not sure if this is ture or not.

viper4shane
11-16-2003, 10:54 PM
i dont think thats true, from the news i heard and reviewed the game is still in crave/genkis hands and the game is now called tokyo xtreame racer 3 and is reported to come out in 11/18/03 for ONLY 20$!!! USD

Venom
11-16-2003, 10:59 PM
i dont think thats true, from the news i heard and reviewed the game is still in crave/genkis hands and the game is now called tokyo xtreame racer 3 and is reported to come out in 11/18/03 for ONLY 20$!!! USD
Yeah, I heard about that.
I think TXR3 is going to be much better than NFSU, especially since TXR3 now has licenced cars and it has more cars. :mrgreen:

viper4shane
11-18-2003, 09:16 PM
honda didnt want to sign on, so there will be no hondas sadly.

Venom
11-18-2003, 09:24 PM
honda didnt want to sign on, so there will be no hondas sadly.
LOL
That doesn't really bother me. The Hondas in TXR0 sucked anyway :P
I just whis they had more than one Viper in the game. A RT/10 or SRT-10 would be nice :mrgreen:

Jimmy
11-21-2003, 01:57 PM
I think I might get it if it only costs $30 (in canadian dollars).
I'm going up to Halifax this wendsday, and i also getting Smackdown!:HCTP (PS2) and NFS4 (PC).

viper4shane
12-30-2003, 11:47 AM
so how is everyone doing on the game so far? :)

OZ
01-14-2004, 09:33 PM
I know it's kind of late to bring this topic back, but i think it's worth to say that in some very unique aspects, it beats NFSU imo. I got the game (txr3 - us version of txr zero one) some days after the new years eve's, and i got hooked up with it. for a underground street racing game, somehow, even with some very big flaws, it does it's work. The first thing i liked is the background, that little description they gave to each gang menber, also, the story (even being weak) helps a bit too. The car animation is another great point, detailed lights (head, rear, hazard, reverse), exhaust explosions, even the small burnouts that a high powered car does when you are changing from 2nd o 3rd are there. The cars may be a off on it's proportions, but they are not really a problem.

Well, there's so many little things that made it be in a ay a great game, IMO, i these details would have being used in games like gran turismo or even nfsu, they would be great or greater than they are now (Talking about gt) :dopey:

*NFSMasteR*
01-15-2004, 10:03 AM
the oringal ones for dreamcast where alot better (for the time they came out) but its good better then underground cause i HATE underground!

ChArG3D
01-16-2004, 10:08 AM
hey i have heard there is a rumor that they not makeing txr 0 anymore for ps2..is this true?

*NFSMasteR*
01-16-2004, 11:39 AM
where'd you hear that?