05-16-2003, 08:13 PM
I brought this 5 pound ($7US) game back from Scotland a few months ago
I finally got it going good on my new pc

Demo: http://www.gamesdomain.com/demos/demo/1444.html

Tell me what u think of it...

Here are some screens:

Cayenne
05-16-2003, 08:23 PM
I had that game, and it looks WAYYY better than in your screenshots! What graphix card u use? :?

Anonymous
05-16-2003, 08:24 PM
looks kind of like Sports Car GT :)

Sparkle
05-16-2003, 08:37 PM
I had that game, and it looks WAYYY better than in your screenshots! What graphix card u use? :?

its a dark track :?

A.KuS
05-18-2003, 06:05 AM
Here are some screens:
Bad textures.... :(

CodeRed
05-18-2003, 12:20 PM
Hmm.... My copy of eRacer works way too slow to be playable... In the menus I get infinitely great framerates, right before the race starts I get great framerates but then when I try to race, no matter what PC I try it on, I get about 1 frame every 2 seconds...

Kracka
05-18-2003, 12:28 PM
gleb that means you get .5 fps ;-) but, meh i guess ill *buy* the game if i can find it anywhere

CodeRed
05-18-2003, 12:45 PM
gleb that means you get .5 fps ;-) but, meh i guess ill *buy* the game if i can find it anywhere

I know :eyes: I was just trying to find a way around using ".5 fps".

PortuguesePilot
05-18-2003, 01:18 PM
if you guys have the 5 fps problem, then it means that you have the Myth Ripped version. the game dropps to 5fps during gameplay because the ripped version comes with fake sound/music (wrongly compressed) and the game-engine cannot cope with it. they ripped the game and released it on-line WITHOUT trying it out. lame! there is a fix lurking around the net, but since the game is now below budget price, it would be nice to go out and buy the whole package and get the game without stupid bugs and stuff cut.

eRacer is a nice little game. as all games, it has it's pros and it's cons.
i like the speed, it has a nice feeling. cars are not unrealisticly fast, being fast enough and they drive quite well. the physics engine is a tasty sweet, being far superior to NFS4 and NFS6 (and i even prefer it over NFS5 and GT3, but that's a subjective opinion). i simply adore the way the driver's head moves. i haven't seen any other game where the driver had such realistic body movements.
there are quite a suprisingly high number of tracks (15, if i'm not mistaken) and they're all great (really very good and varied tracks). there are also a few (around 5) extra-tracks avaliable for download and they're all excellent, making the track design one of eRacers' top strenghts (with tracks ranging from dirt rally tracks to racing circuits and city circuits).
i also adore the dashview, the sound while driving in dashview is great.
the graphics are nice (very nice if you take into consideration that eRacer is almost 4 years old) with very detailed cars and good textures (i like the rims. the rims on eRacers' cars are beautiful). all cars have damage and they backfire like rally cars on abrupt shift and speed changes. the handbrake works quite well. oh! and the AI is quite nice, even though not brilliant.

the low points include:
a small number of cars. (only 8, if i'm not mistaken)
the cars are fantasy. even though you can spot similarities with real cars (every eRacer car is a combination of at least 3 other real cars), it would have been nicer if they were real cars.
the game is too small. i mean, despite the large number of tracks, the game consists in a Championship with 3 difficulty levels and an Arcade mode. you'll finish the arcade mode quite fast and once the Championship is debbled, the game looses it's lust (i stopped playing it when i finished it. i still return to it once in while for it is a fun game to race). you'll finish the championship fast enough (depending on your abilities and motivation). for anyone used to GT2 or GT3 lastability, it will feel small.
more race modes and with larger variations would have been a godsend.
i also miss point-to-piont tracks and traffic.

but, all in all, eRacer is a fine game. i would vividly recommend it. if it had a greater offer of cars and if we had the ability to add costum made cars (apparently, we can add costum made cars, but no-one seemed to pick it up and i'm unaware of any costum made car), then it would be much better than NFS4.

CodeRed
05-18-2003, 05:38 PM
if you guys have the 5 fps problem, then it means that you have the Myth Ripped version. the game dropps to 5fps during gameplay because the ripped version comes with fake sound/music (wrongly compressed) and the game-engine cannot cope with it. they ripped the game and released it on-line WITHOUT trying it out. lame! there is a fix lurking around the net, but since the game is now below budget price, it would be nice to go out and buy the whole package and get the game without stupid bugs and stuff cut.

0.5 FPS problem :super: Heh, I would buy the game if it wasn't for all the "cons" that you mentioned....