View Full Version : TOCA race driver

PJ
05-28-2003, 04:07 AM
has anyone played it yet?
i got it a few days ago and the game is awesome. graphics, game play, online gaming, it's all amazing. and you can also pull of some wicked drifts :twisted:

what do other people think of the game?

CaPa DoN
06-06-2003, 09:10 AM
the reactions on the game are very different, the one loves it, the other hates it. that''s the reason i didn't brought it. i'm waiting till it become a bit cheaper. than i'll try it out. how is the story in the game? is it any good, or just a simple cheap story?

PJ
06-06-2003, 09:32 AM
i think the career mode is really good (what i've played of it so far anyway) you go through different teams each series trying to gain enough points to advance to the next class. i kinda ran my team mate off the road in the first race and after the race he came into the garage and well........lets just say he wasn't very happy and i got a mouth full, which i thought was really good :wink:

DJC
06-06-2003, 12:06 PM
I went in to town the other day with some cash to go buy this game, but it wasnt in stock so i just left. Havent been in since..

But yea, the reactions are mixed. Some ppl aren't impressed with the final result, yet others are well impressed :?

Krystoff
06-20-2003, 11:43 PM
This game is not a true simulator like f1 2002 or grand prix 4, it's more an arcade game, but if you played toca 1 and 2 and if you liked them, you will love race driver. The story is a little bit simple, but it's make the game more fun I think. You wants to know what will happend next.

Sander
06-21-2003, 01:37 AM
TOCA Race Driver (It's called DTM Race Driver over here) is one of my favorite racegames. Especially multiplayer is awesome in this game! The controls are very cool, damage is good, graphics are great and the cars and tracks are all cool too.

If you have this game, then multiplayer is a must-try. Real life opponents are WAY better than the AI.

Cayenne
06-21-2003, 01:43 AM
I have this game and it RULEZZZ.... but sadly and for unkown reason, i cant play career :cry: When i go to accepting the first offer, the game always crashes :?

PJ
06-21-2003, 01:57 AM
my mate has this prob and he's got XP, don't know if thats got anything to do with it, but i can run it fine and i'm on 98SE. if he finds a solution, i'll let you know :wink:

Mr. Kaman
06-24-2003, 08:19 AM
Yeah, Race Driver is a fantastic game (and it runs fine on my XP...) great graphics, great damage, very drivable cars (with wheel)

superb game!

KV12supercharged
06-28-2003, 02:14 AM
I got this game for PS2 instead, since I heard the PS2 version was better handling than the PC version...

and for sure, I love multiplayer in Pro Race Driver, I't much more fun racing against real intelligence... :D