View Full Version : IL-2 Strumovik

Beowulf
05-29-2003, 09:05 AM
Anyone here got IL-2? Or even olike to play it?
It's the only good flight sim I have (also got an Echelon demo and Flight Sim 98).
'Been wanting to know a few things. First off, anyone know if it's possible to make your own plane and add it in?
And second, how far has anyone who played gotten in the game?
I beat the first mission as a fighter pilot in the Luftwaffe, scored the Iron Cross 2nd class. And then stopped trying.

jony2
02-24-2004, 04:13 AM
nope its difficult to get anyhting higher. cos the game is so realistic. you need to get more info than just sound and sight. you need to feel the plane. so its really difficult

Anonymous
02-24-2004, 04:33 AM
I have it, or my brother does. Its too realistic for me and the Forgotten Battles is even more realistic they say. Its a great game for plane realism lovers.

Vlad
03-02-2004, 03:50 AM
Dose anybody know why the plane ALWAYS crashes in training ?? :angry: :angry: It's so annoying....... Otherwise, the game is very good :super:

Beowulf
03-02-2004, 01:21 PM
Dose anybody know why the plane ALWAYS crashes in training ?? :angry: :angry: It's so annoying....... Otherwise, the game is very good :super:

Because you're not flying it right. The plane never crashed for me in training.

Anonymous
03-02-2004, 01:25 PM
Beowulf, do you have the "Forgotten Battles" expansion? Its must have what ive read. :super: Has a cool Finland campain in it. :wrool: Hrhm :scratch: wheres the "wrool" smiley...

Vlad
03-02-2004, 01:29 PM
In the training you can't even move the controls :| :| Unless you press Esc and click on "Take control"

For example, the Taxiing on the runaway- lesson. The AI starts the engine (time in which i read that red text) and then goes like full throttle into the next parked plane or the second one :faint:

Beowulf
03-02-2004, 01:40 PM
No I don't have Forgotten Battles, and I'm not to intereste in it either.

Vlad, the training missions are set up so that the AI flys the aircraft and shows you everything BEFORE you take control. It takes time to run through them. It's supposed to be one of the best Combat Flights sims around.. better then CFS3 from Microsoft.

Anonymous
03-02-2004, 01:47 PM
Oh too bad, Forgotten Battles has waay realistic physcis than the original IL2... :?

Vlad
03-02-2004, 01:59 PM

Vlad, the training missions are set up so that the AI flys the aircraft and shows you everything BEFORE you take control. It takes time to run through them. It's supposed to be one of the best Combat Flights sims around.. better then CFS3 from Microsoft.

YES I knew that already, but the AI behaves strangely, it crashes BEFORE i take control .......Get it? :dopey: :super:

I haven't got Forgotten Battles either (sorta short on cash :mrgreen: ). If IL2 has a great physics model, i wonder what i will say playing Forgotten Battles :faint: :mrgreen:

Great games, Maddox :super:

Beowulf
03-02-2004, 02:05 PM

YES I knew that already, but the AI behaves strangely, it crashes BEFORE i take control .......Get it? :dopey: :super:

I haven't got Forgotten Battles either (sorta short on cash :mrgreen: ). If IL2 has a great physics model, i wonder what i will say playing Forgotten Battles :faint: :mrgreen:

Great games, Maddox :super:

All I can say then is get the patches, or don't bother with the training, it's not really needed.

Vlad
03-03-2004, 03:39 AM
I got the 1.20 patch i think it's the latest.....but it doesn't matter !! :dopey: :super: Game is great