View Full Version : NFS: HP2 Demo (US Version) Out!

Kon
10-14-2002, 11:20 AM
--FileShack.Com (http://www.fileshack.com/file.x?fid=1320)
--3D Gamers (http://www.3dgamers.com/games/needforspeed6)
--NFSCheats (http://www.nfscheats.com/index.php?section=downloads&list=nfs6&id=280&categ ory=Misc)
---FileFront (http://www4.filefront.com/iron-bin/ff/root.p_bin_/;cdkey__asgymbn;page__download_start;filepath__/3dgamers/games/needforspeed6/setup_us.exe;cache__1F;clear__type,page,cdkey,type ,redirect,filepath;type__1;redirect__aHR0cDovL2Rvd 25sb2FkMy5maWxlZnJvbnQuY29tL3Byb3h5X2Rvd25sb2FkL21 0YXpuZHF5bnp5Mm1hI0ZJTEVQQVRIIw==;)

Posted at NFSCheats, the US version of the NFS HP2 demo is out! Get it at the above links. You will need a username and password for FileShack, but dont worry, its all free.
This is not a fake, it has been confirmed by other player that it is the real demo!

Download away![/url]

BaardK
10-14-2002, 11:25 AM
Here too
http://www.3dgamers.com/games/needforspeed6/

Kon
10-14-2002, 12:31 PM
Ok, so i just finished playing the game. The two cars are the 911 Trubo and the Modena. The showrooms looks nice. About the moddeling, the onything i dislike were the rims on the Porsche. Reminded me of NFS4. Anyways, the physics are really different. The turning seemed way better. The police are alot tougher this time, and the helicopter is crazy with its exploding barrels. Thats anothe story...

So after i got done, i checked the files and the cars, and surely enough the car file was Car.viv! Amazed huh? There is also a skin.viv. I opened it up with NFSWizard and inside the 911, i found these files:

CAR.FHS
CAR.O
CARRIGID.O
DAMAGE.FSH
SHADOW.O
SKELETON.O
The skin.viv had this:

SKIN00.FSH
SKIN01.FSH
SKIN02.FSH
SKIN03.FSH
SKIN04.FSH
SKIN05.FSH
SKIN06.FSH
SKIN07.FSH
SKIN08.FSH
SKIN09.FSH
SKIN10.FSH
SKIN11.FSH
SKINCOP.FSH
I was disappointed, tho, the cars dont look their very best. The rims are not chromed, plain textures. The tracks arent that bad. The speed is bad, imo, and everything seems cartoony. I tried it on my TNT2 M64 and runs fine at 1024x768 at 32 Bit.

T®u3no G+ Ap3x
10-14-2002, 01:05 PM
Hey stop complaning bout ur Geforce 2 32mb... I only got 16mb...:(

Kon
10-14-2002, 01:08 PM
Where did I ever complain? I said it ran fine on my TNT2 M64 :roll:

T®u3no G+ Ap3x
10-14-2002, 01:21 PM
Where did I ever complain? I said it ran fine on my TNT2 M64 :roll:

Right... but still either way u r dissapointed... hehehe got u there...

ßÙ££ ± ?¤gG
10-14-2002, 01:38 PM
Kon u luky to have 36 megs i have a VooDoo 3 3000 16mb it suks so bad...

Tom Call
10-14-2002, 02:32 PM
That is one unbelievably huge file to download. Anybody who already has it want to zip it then post it for download?

Jeroen
10-14-2002, 02:42 PM
we are currently making a mirror on this server.. just have a wait of about 2 hours... (we are not that fast with d/ling...)

check www.nd4spdworld.com we will update our newsmessage by that time.

Jeroen
10-14-2002, 02:44 PM
Ok, so i just finished playing the game. The two cars are the 911 Trubo and the Modena. The showrooms looks nice. About the moddeling, the onything i dislike were the rims on the Porsche. Reminded me of NFS4. Anyways, the physics are really different. The turning seemed way better. The police are alot tougher this time, and the helicopter is crazy with its exploding barrels. Thats anothe story...

I was disappointed, tho, the cars dont look their very best. The rims are not chromed, plain textures. The tracks arent that bad. The speed is bad, imo, and everything seems cartoony. I tried it on my TNT2 M64 and runs fine at 1024x768 at 32 Bit.

wanna know where they make their beta from?
they make it from a first beta stage, they just put a frame limiter in it. and ready to release.

I didn't play it (yet) still have to wait about 1,5hours. My guess is that there will be grome, and also the graphics will be 3x better....

newton
10-14-2002, 04:10 PM
im DLing now

i dont have 3d vid card and i have a 600 MHZ comp, can i play the game? I could play NFS4 and 5 fine tho with my vid card.

also, .viv hopefully means editable right? yay....

aldend123
10-14-2002, 04:34 PM
wow! :faint: I expected you fancy car makers to have TI4000 series or one of the Radeon 8000 or up! And I thought my Radeon 7500 64DDR was terrible for being a gamer....

SKL
10-14-2002, 05:32 PM
PS2 HP2 is now up for grabs!!! HURRY BEFORE IT'S SOLD OUT!!! :lol:

[Bass Bomb]
10-14-2002, 05:50 PM
i downloaded it from Fileplanet and 3D Gamers and the setup file didnt work so im tryin from file shack and its a looooooong,
i have an AMD Athlon 1400 processer and a GeForce 2 with 64 megs, i hope the game is good and/or better than NFSPU

Anonymous
10-14-2002, 06:38 PM
Don't get your hopes up. :crazy:

CodeRed
10-14-2002, 06:39 PM
This is the most editable demo I have seen since Carmageddon 2 (all those text-based INI files) :mrgreen:

Heres what I found in one:

' Note: The Level Editor in Maya reads the name= field from this file. If you get
' rid of the name= field, please update the Level Editor accordingly. - GWH 04/25
' Sam Sez : This list must stay in sync with GameRules.h

So, in fact, the game levels and models were made in Maya.

BTW, that same file contains a full list of cars and the path names for their models etc...

EDIT
WOW, they abandoned carp.txt's! Now it is a simple text-based file in the car's directory called Car.ini - sweet :mrgreen:

Kon
10-14-2002, 06:43 PM
Some few screens:

http://konartis.m4driving.sm/911dam.jpg
Damage of the car.
http://konartis.m4driving.sm/nfs6.jpg
Note the engine smoking...

Vladi
10-14-2002, 06:58 PM
http://members.nitrous.org/spd/nfs6-wreck.jpg
http://www.srnet.net/hosted/ed/hp2front.jpg

Here are some more

KonArtis how come that your cars are lower quality?

Kon
10-14-2002, 07:16 PM
Hehe, those arent your pics, Vladi, those are from spd-mn and Nuts4Ford from NFSCheats!! :P

What sux is that the demo doesnt save your settings. Forgot to set the graphics to its best.

Tom Call
10-14-2002, 07:21 PM
Can someone get it zipped or something so us crappy connection guys can download it easier?

KV12supercharged
10-14-2002, 09:49 PM
I don't get it... SPD-MN's screen of the damaged 911 has damaged textures... but on mines and others there only damage but no damaged textures. And yes I set everything on full, I am using GF4. and how do you take screens in the demo?

CodeRed
10-14-2002, 10:33 PM
Judging just by those 4 screens, I think EA people learned how to model, finally :lol:

Sander
10-14-2002, 11:11 PM
The demo is mirrored on NFSCars:

http://site.nfscars.com/setup_US.exe

It will be there for a limited time (depending on the amount of traffic generated), but there are enough mirrors to download it from (posted on the main page).

I haven't tried the demo yet, I won't be able to untill tomorrowevening :(

Anonymous
10-14-2002, 11:25 PM
Might as well post my pic here too.

http://pstudio.silverindustries.com/screens/nfs.jpg

Spirit
10-15-2002, 08:07 AM
Kon u luky to have 36 megs i have a VooDoo 3 3000 16mb it suks so bad...

NFS:HP2 Demo Doesn't run with 3DFx Voodoo's cards... :cry:

I Have a Voodoo3 3000 16mb too, and I got a "Unknown Error Initializing Graphics" when I clicked to start the game... :( :butthead:

It S-U-C-K-S at all, because I can run NFS:Porsche AS FINE as NFS4 in my PC, a PentiumII 334Mhz, 64ram, Voodoo3 3000 and SB Live!.... and just now, we, 3DFx owners don't have any chance to try the new games....

I know, I know, ...3DFx Card's are OUT, but, I think the Game creators/developers should think in 'us' too....

I hope that some '3DFx Patch' could be released ASAP... :crazy:

:finger: Not everybody has a GOOD 3D card at home yet. :finger:

:oops: :oops: :oops:

newton
10-15-2002, 02:11 PM
okay, i just played the game

in my opinion its not that good, but with the real game and with top of the line vid card, i think the game would be pretty good. the cars aren't accurate and gameplay is harder than NFS 5. but those screens of camera action during jumps is kinda fun.... judging by the demo first i think i give it a 8/10

newton
10-15-2002, 02:52 PM
it has a nice menu tho

edit* pic wont show

[Bass Bomb]
10-15-2002, 04:47 PM
whats with the bank amount? its a demo, where r u supposed to use that money in the game???????

Tom Call
10-15-2002, 05:04 PM
:x Ugh, I've been waiting for 2 hours and it's only 22% done. :x

T®u3no G+ Ap3x
10-15-2002, 05:15 PM
demo has an error.. ne help?

Kon
10-15-2002, 05:16 PM
There's been alot of errors with this demo. Explain what happen/error message.

[Bass Bomb]
10-15-2002, 05:43 PM
if u get it from fileshack then there is no error

CAUTION > you will have to wait at least 20 mins in queue line > then the long download starts

Kon
10-15-2002, 05:46 PM
Ouch, 20 minutes! I only waited about 8 minutes.

[Bass Bomb]
10-15-2002, 05:53 PM
no matter the connection still a long wait when all mirrors are fully used, i even picked the smallest one > 96% usage

Muza
10-15-2002, 06:09 PM
cool

Tom Call
10-15-2002, 06:41 PM
...*sigh*...*yawn*...38%...won't be done until 1:00 am MST. :faint:

newton
10-15-2002, 07:15 PM
don't worry, i have 56k it took me bout 5.5 hrs

got dam it i hate my vid card, the only way for smooth gameplay is all details on lowest....i can't even see the damage!

i looked around the folders and found editable things like cop delays and stuff. i wonder if u change those numbers the cops won't come as quick.....

Tom Call
10-15-2002, 08:06 PM
don't worry, i have 56k it took me bout 5.5 hrs

I think I have a 33k or something, because it's taken 5 hours now and it's only 52% done.

Spirit
10-15-2002, 10:12 PM
For someone who has tried the demo,

The Cars turn ON/OFF lights? . we ahve option to LOW/HIGH headlamps?

The top of Ferrari Modena is removable? can we choose run with top up or top down? ...
The top is mobile like NFS5, or it just disappear like NFS4 when you change its mode?

There is something interesting in the game? ... some new? .. something really cool?!?!?

Tell us your impressions.... :)

[]'s
Spirit

T®u3no G+ Ap3x
10-16-2002, 09:02 AM
There's been alot of errors with this demo. Explain what happen/error message.

Installing Error

newton
10-16-2002, 03:41 PM
For someone who has tried the demo,

The Cars turn ON/OFF lights? . we ahve option to LOW/HIGH headlamps?

The top of Ferrari Modena is removable? can we choose run with top up or top down? ...
The top is mobile like NFS5, or it just disappear like NFS4 when you change its mode?

There is something interesting in the game? ... some new? .. something really cool?!?!?

Tell us your impressions.... :)

[]'s
Spirit

no on/off lights in the demo, im guessing it will be in the full version

in the demo its only top off but i dunno bout the full version

when you make a jump, theres another quickview showing your jump...the physics are cool and different, the 911 is not accurate but crisp with a good vid card (at least it is in the pics made by others) choppers now drop exploding barrels on you and when u get caught by the cops theres a small video of you getting handcuffed :)

Tritoch
10-16-2002, 04:50 PM
I gotta ask, has anybody tried DLing the austrailian version and putting the cars together? I might try it, but just want to see if someone else already tried. :D

Kon
10-16-2002, 04:55 PM
I gotta ask, has anybody tried DLing the austrailian version and putting the cars together? I might try it, but just want to see if someone else already tried. :D

http://site.nfscars.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=2854

Pittens
10-18-2002, 07:57 AM
Hey there I just played the new demo of NFSHP2
and I really got to say that it's looking fine :finger:

On my PC it runs as smooth as possible
my comp is: AMD Athlon Xp 1.53 Mhz
256 RAM
GeForce 2 64 Mb

I hope everyone can enjoy this little miracle, because I know the specs
are a bit high.
So one advise GET YOURSELF A GOOD 3D CARD, because you'll need it
in the full version I think

l8ter all
:beer:

newton
10-18-2002, 03:25 PM
Hey there I just played the new demo of NFSHP2
and I really got to say that it's looking fine :finger:

On my PC it runs as smooth as possible
my comp is: AMD Athlon Xp 1.53 Mhz
256 RAM
GeForce 2 64 Mb

I hope everyone can enjoy this little miracle, because I know the specs
are a bit high.
So one advise GET YOURSELF A GOOD 3D CARD, because you'll need it
in the full version I think

l8ter all
:beer:

yep! :mrgreen: and i can't wait for my GF4 Ti

ZondaC12
10-18-2002, 04:16 PM
guess its time to ditch my Matrox Marvel g450 etv 32mb . it worked fine with nfs4, but with this within a few seconds the game freezes and the sound in the music its currently playing keeps repeating and the words in the showroom turn to blotches. i also have a GF2 MX400 but i think it doesn't boot up when i put the card in because my mobo's crap and isn't compatible.

Q Don Quinlan
10-19-2002, 12:14 AM
I just finished racing the Porsche, after I tuned it. Much better...

It gave me a whole new outlook with this game. Not too bad now. If you drive fast and stay on course the Helicopter's do not always even come out. I was outrunnung the cop cars though.

I gave my car minor tuning and now I like it. It feels much better now, as if I upgraded parts from NFSPU. I would imagine this will be in the full version.

Anyone figure out how yo get all 4 cars into one game yet...?

I have both demos now, but switching between them to play with the Fords gets old. I can tell you it is not a simple as dropping the Ford Car file into the folder, I tried that.

I want more already...

:wave: Q

DH-Dino
10-20-2002, 09:28 PM
some where

i saw one people draw some words at F 360 in HP2

that s ture, not cop,its real car , dont know how do it...

car.viv in hp2 is not same as nfs3?

dont know......who knows?

TheFerrariman
10-22-2002, 07:03 PM
You guys wouldnt beleive how much funner the game is on Xbox!! :finger:

[Bass Bomb]
10-24-2002, 12:04 PM
yah well in an xbox u cant put a GEFORCE 4 Ti In it nor can u place a 2.8 GHZ in it :finger:

Carcio
10-24-2002, 04:46 PM
Hi there I'm new in this forum and an admirer of NFS, especially Porsche Unleashed.
Yep the game is very beautiful and the car models are so close to the reals, especially the rear of the Modena :dopey:
Although it's a shame that the game is a little too arcade oriented. Physics, cars graphics are realistic, cars behaviour quite realistic but its gets you faster if you cut well the road and this aspect is quite arcade.
Porsche Unleashed tracks are a little more realistic than the one in the demo, but we have to see the other tracks of HP2.
And yes it's pretty useful to afford a good new video card so you can feel well the high speed with these awesome graphics!
Last point: they have to set the cockpit view in the full version!

snork
10-25-2002, 01:33 PM
the full version is out...or at least i got it....ooh its so nice, and so addicting hehehe..but its to be expected :P

Joint
10-26-2002, 09:24 AM
:mrgreen: No problem here P4 256mb Rdram GF3 @240/540 :lol:

Carcio
10-26-2002, 10:54 AM
Is there the cockpit view in the full version?? And how is it?

Innotech
10-28-2002, 09:58 AM
the game is a piece of shit carcio. if you played any other NFS you will realize htis quickly! they totally left out even the basic functions of any NFS game, like replay and cockpit mode. Those have been in the series since the first NFS! NFSPorsche may not have been as customizable, but it was still a far better game than this POS. I highly recommend thaT nobody else BUY THIS PIECE OF SHIT GAME. iT IS A WASTE OF YOUR MONEY, AND i AM ASHAMED TO SAY THIS IS AN NFS GAME. I think it is more fitting as a test drive game, because it sucks almost as badly. Also, this has screwed up NFS perfect track record of quality racing games IMO. People will remember NFS now as a piece of shit bargain game, and I think this might be the last :( I am so freaking angry right now

Drift Freak
10-31-2002, 09:25 PM
the game is a piece of shit carcio. if you played any other NFS you will realize htis quickly! they totally left out even the basic functions of any NFS game, like replay and cockpit mode. Those have been in the series since the first NFS! NFSPorsche may not have been as customizable, but it was still a far better game than this POS. I highly recommend thaT nobody else BUY THIS PIECE OF SHIT GAME. iT IS A WASTE OF YOUR MONEY, AND i AM ASHAMED TO SAY THIS IS AN NFS GAME. I think it is more fitting as a test drive game, because it sucks almost as badly. Also, this has screwed up NFS perfect track record of quality racing games IMO. People will remember NFS now as a piece of shit bargain game, and I think this might be the last :( I am so freaking angry right now
lol
now now...let's ditch the swearing here shall we? :wave:
well...EA can always improve the gameplay and stuff with a patch or something..
also...NFS's reputation won't be ruined jus because of ONE of the game in the series.
NFS will always be the #1 racing game for PC IMO..