View Full Version : Street Legal 2: Redline

Anonymous
07-12-2003, 06:25 PM
Great news for all the Street Legal junkies! I was really getting into the original Street Legal when i realized that this game is 2 years old and a new version should come out soon. I was looking into Street Legal 2 and to my surprise i found only one site that had something about the game and where to buy it! I quickly got my hopes up and am anxiously awaiting it's release! Knowing those blasted game manufacturers it will be postponed! :angry: But i sure hope not. The slated release date was July 17 2003, but i soon called the location and that was not what they thought. They told me the game would be released July 18 2003! That's close enough for me. :super: I can't wait till next Friday when i can go and purchase it! :twisted:

Anonymous
07-12-2003, 06:32 PM
Them cars are poly monsters. My game has 1fps. And my computer isnt crap either. :x

Anonymous
07-12-2003, 06:32 PM
I got some more stuff on it for all u Street Legal junkies like me!:

Speed comes at a heavy price - watch out for cops who are not as enthusiastic about illegal street racing as you are, and will take all means necessary to stop your quest and impound your car. Race against stiff competetion for bragging rights, parts, money and more. With hundreds of interchangeable parts from windhshields to exhaust pipes to flywheels, each will have it's own impact on the cars overall performance. Featuring both day and night racing for the most authentic street racing depiction of the actual street drag culture anywhere.

2 modes for racing plus garage time for modification and repairs:

Traditional - find challengers off the street and participate in 1/4 mile drag
races and night races

Quick Race - jump right into the racing action

Real-time day to night transition

Hundreds of licensed interchangeable parts, allowing thousands of customizing options

Locational and realistic damage modeling on every part of the vehicle

Dynamically generated races that utilize the twists and turns of the inner city streets

True-to-life physics that affect the cars performance :super:

Jetta2NR
07-12-2003, 06:35 PM
an pics??? is it still gonna have bugs liek the other game ??

Anonymous
07-12-2003, 06:36 PM
Coderz just for u i got all the specs too!

System Requirements:
Windows 98/ME/XP; PII 500 MHz; 64 MB RAM; 700MB HD Space; 4X CD-ROM; 8Mb DirectX 8.1 video card; DirectX 8.1 sound card; DirectX 8.1 (included)

Got any questions ? Ask away (but i probably won't be able to answer most of them :angry: )

If anyone has screenshots of Street Legal 2: Redline post them!
Unfortunately i have no screens yet :cry: .

Anonymous
07-12-2003, 06:39 PM
Street Legal 1 had specs too. And my computer was nearly double all them. Yet, I still get 1 frame per second. I got lotsa memory and a good card. geeze. :angry:

insomniac
07-12-2003, 06:44 PM
here's a couple of pics. :wink:

http://www.buildersedge.org/retaliator/13.jpg
http://www.buildersedge.org/retaliator/14.jpg
http://www.buildersedge.org/retaliator/15.jpg
http://www.buildersedge.org/retaliator/16.jpg
http://www.buildersedge.org/retaliator/17.jpg
http://www.buildersedge.org/retaliator/18.jpg

Anonymous
07-12-2003, 06:47 PM
:twisted: Download the patches coderz! :twisted:

btw the only place u can purchase it right away is at. . . . . .

You'll have to tune in l8r! :super:

Anonymous
07-12-2003, 09:03 PM
The game is available for prepurchase at Electronics Boutique and EBgames.com!

:twisted: I reserved my copy it's time u reserved yours! :twisted:

Anonymous
07-13-2003, 12:04 PM
Well everyone including Sander shot down my idea for adding a new section for street legal and street legal: redline :wave: but im not discouraged i will go on with my head held high knowing that i tried for all those Street Legal fanatics. :cry:

:twisted: Remember i can always start a StreetLegalcars.com! :twisted:

:kitt:

T-Shine
07-13-2003, 12:24 PM
*hint* edit button *hint*

BTW, what's so fancy about that twisted-smiley??

Anonymous
07-16-2003, 11:16 AM
Hey everyone i come again to tell you some bad news :eyes: .

Well as i would have guessed the game has been unfortunately postponed :angry: :angry: :angry: !

I'm extremely fed up with activision! :finger:

The game will hopefully be released 7/21/03 According to Ebgames.com

:twisted: Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but u had to hear it. :twisted:

DJC
07-16-2003, 11:28 AM
I don't think many ppl would be to bothered......

OZ
07-16-2003, 09:58 PM
Hum. as I see the pics I realise that this is one of those games that I will NOT buy, they look worse than the first version, as I remenber that the first version wans't good either. I pretty disapointed with this game, it's a great idea for a racing game, but their lack of work on improving it make it's horrible...

Anonymous
07-19-2003, 11:37 AM
The game is going released this coming monday July 21, 2003! :super:

If Activision changes the date again I'm gonna break something :angry:

CodeRed
07-25-2003, 08:36 PM
Anyone got this game yet? I think its awesome. I got to the 3rd part of the game, have $500,000 in the bank, I have several of the fastest cars in the game already, and now I think I just need some more respect to participate in that one racing series to win a Shelby GT500-like car...

Anonymous
07-26-2003, 11:22 PM
I finally got the game yesterday at Media Play although not available on their website :angry:. It is 10X better than the first one! Here's my ratings!

Graphics-9

Gameplay-8

Sound-7

Music-1

Fun Factor-9.5

Overall-8

Buy it today!!!!!!!!!!!!! :super:

:twisted:

BMW_760LI
07-26-2003, 11:34 PM
Are advertising for this game? By looking at the screen shot it dosent seem worth buying.

How much is it?

Kracka
07-27-2003, 12:07 AM
i got an old picture from when i first got the game. its better than the first one i think...just cant get my damn wheel to work. :|

id say this game is well worth what i paid for it :wink:

Racer-X
07-27-2003, 03:59 AM
damn im away for just a few n when i came back this place was flourished with all this new gaming coming or already coming out . you said EB or mediaplay has it? ok. well i guess ill have to go buy it since i liked the first one alot for its simplicity n enjoyment. just hope this new version just isnt too ridiculous :super: :mrgreen:

Shnitzel
08-04-2003, 12:08 AM
Hey, I just got this game yesterday and i read somewhere that there were patches for it, but ive been looking on the internet and i cant find them anywhere. Does anyone know where i can get them?

Anonymous
08-04-2003, 10:44 AM
No there is no patch officially out yet.

Here are a few things that i heard are coming in the new patch:
Neons from streetglow
Tons more sponsors
HKS exhaust
maybe a new car
And they're fixing a lot of bugs in the game too! :super:

:twisted: Go out and get it b4 they stop ordering them! :twisted:

Anonymous
08-04-2003, 10:47 AM
:twisted: Here's a pic of my Evo! :twisted:

Anonymous
08-04-2003, 10:59 AM
Street Legal 2 is most worse game after Racer.

SL2 doesnt run well on frinds computer which haves:
Processor: 3.6ghz Dual P4
Memory: corsair ddr1024mb (2x512)
Graphics card: matrox perhelia sereis card with ddr512mb (better than any GeFoeces ir Radeons)

Drift Freak
08-04-2003, 01:01 PM
Graphics card: matrox perhelia sereis card with ddr512mb (better than any GeFoeces ir Radeons)
i think it's the graphic card....lol....try lowering the LOD and shadow details
and..how can a parhelia be better than any GF or radeon when it can't even outperform a GF4 Ti4200?

CodeRed
08-05-2003, 01:55 AM
Street Legal 2 is most worse game after Racer.

SL2 doesnt run well on frinds computer which haves:
Processor: 3.6ghz Dual P4
Memory: corsair ddr1024mb (2x512)

Does it bother you that there is no such thing as a Parhelia with 512 megs of RAM? Or a 3.6 ghz Xeon? (P4s can only be run as single CPUs).

There is a Parhelia 512, with 128 MB or 256 MB DDR. Check around Google, that thing has got the performance of a Radeon 8500... The Parhelia has great 2D capabilities, but it is not a card for gamers. It lacks the raw GPU power that is required in all but the oldest games.

My Athlon XP2000+. 512 MB DDR RAM, and Radeon 8500 64 MB DDR combo runs SL:Redline rather smoothly.

Anonymous
08-05-2003, 02:21 AM
Street Legal was a peice of crap and so is its sequel. Heres some ACTUAL customer feedback from SL2:

Holy F*ck, i really was looking forward to this game and hoping that this would be better than the first one, but boy was i wrong.
The only thing that i can say is better than the first one is the garage mode.
The grafic on the road, is Piss pore to be real, it is so bad that most of the times you can´t play the game becouse the game is so slow.
If i shut give the peeps on Activision some advise´, Fire all you staff now and hire my sisters boy, he is 6 years old, and im am sure that he would do a much better job !!!
So last, if you wanna play street racing, get the first one with all the patches, don´t wast your time one this one.

Really poor game.I got very powerful computer and its still laggy,and theres very stupid bugs in it.Opponents car tyres doesnt show,grapics are worst possible,how they can make so poor it nowadays.Only fun thing is improving and tuning your car.Dont bother download.

I was so looking forward to play this game but after playing this game for an hour i uninstalled it! The graphic is poor(and yes,i have a good comp),the sound is sucky and ugly and the controlls is so f****d up! When your driving on the road it feels like driving on ice. And the game has soooo many buggs too. The garage part is ok,but it could have been alot better. Only 6 cars too buy :-(

btw does the edit button mean anything to you?

Matrox is a lot like Voodoo in that its doesnt get support. These days only Geforce and Radeon get support. SOmetime not even radeon.