View Full Version : Favorite Video Game of all time

2FAST4U
07-25-2003, 04:11 PM
I dont think anyone else has done a topic on this, so I will. I'd like to know what your favorite video game of all time is and you can ramble on about it if you want (as I will do in a minute about mine).

My favorite game of all time is Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 (PS2 version). Here's why:

Graphics: This game looks awesome! It has 3D wheels(in game), highly detailed interiors, driver animation, glossy reflections, and so on. Even Gran Turismo 3 doesnt have a few of those things. Anyway, the cars are very accurate (I think the most accurate of any NFS game). Sure, there are a couple of cars that aren't perfect, but they still look darn close. One of my favorite parts of the game is the tracks. They are some of the best looking and best designed tracks I have seen in my life. They have really cool alternate paths, and even though some arent shorter than the normal track, they are still fun anyway. Also, the Matrix-style cams are cool.

Sound: The sounds definately back up the graphics. The cars sound believable and the soundtrack is just awesome. I also like how you can choose what songs you want to hear and when you want to hear them.

Control: The controls are VERY polished and crisp. Although I find the Classic handling boring, the Extreme handling is just awesome. It's nice to be able to choose, though. Also, the cool little things you can do during a race like Zone cams and 360 degree cams are fun and even helpful at times. (Zone cams help you plan your way through a roadblock before you get there, for instance)

Fun: All I have to say here is that I have been hooked on this game since April (I normally get bored of games in about 3-4 weeks)

Last notes: My friend and I were very disappointed in the X-Box version of this game because some of the cars were less accurate, the driver animations were jerky, the cop chases just blow (they dont have nitrous like in the PS2 version and they quit chasing you once some meter emptys), and more. Sorry, but EA's versions of the game don't hold a candle to the one by Black Box.

Anyways, I'd like to hear about your favorite games. Hope to hear from ya.

Haze
07-25-2003, 04:24 PM
difficult to choose... it's either nfs 4 or carmageddon 2. carma is simply perfect.

Sander
07-25-2003, 04:25 PM
My favorite game of all time is a bit less recent, but still has quite a lot of fans and an active community:

Transport Tycoon Deluxe

It's the best Tycoon game ever. It has nice graphics, lots of possibilities and it's basicly a lot of fun to create huge railroad networks and making it all work perfectly with loads of trains and all. This game is from 1995 (!) and I still play it regularly. Especially with the TTDPatch, a patch created by a fan of the game that let's you build bigger stations, longer trains, more trains, and now even new graphics in the game. And they're not done adding new stuff to it! I don't think there are many other 8-year-old games that still have an active community like TTD does...

And everyone is still waiting for TT2. The developer of TT1 and TTD, Chris Sawyer (also known from the more recent and succesful Rollercoaster Tycoon series), has always said that a TT2 will come some day. He just doesn't know when yet. At the moment he's probably busy with more Rollercoaster Tycoon addons or versions or something, as big bucks are coming in with that. Rollercoaster Tycoon 1 was fun, the expansions also, but RCT2 was a lot less interesting and the expansions on that one are just to get some extra cash out of it (like EA does with The Sims...). Anyway, everyone hopes TT2 will not take too long anymore.

Haze
07-25-2003, 04:30 PM
sander have you played railroad tycoon 2 the second sentury? it's one of the most interesting games i have ever played.

2FAST4U
07-25-2003, 04:41 PM
Hey, some of the older games are more fun than the new ones. Some new games make you feel like it could've been so much better, but HP2 doesn't. If it weren't for HP2, I would've said NFS4 for the PSone. (some of the funniest gaming moments have come from that game). But I have never had so much fun with a game and I probably never will again. I've never played TT1, but I was a huge fan of Roller Coaster Tycoon 1. I still play it from time to time, but it got old.

Sander
07-25-2003, 04:41 PM
sander have you played railroad tycoon 2 the second sentury? it's one of the most interesting games i have ever played.
Yes I have, but I don't like the gameplay of RR2. TTD's gameplay is WAY better.

Haze
07-25-2003, 04:55 PM
I still play it from time to time, but it got old.

carma 2 will NEVER get old. it's just impossible.

Rally Master
07-25-2003, 04:59 PM
I'd have to say Enter The Matrix, Command & Conquer Series, most strategy games, and definitely the NFS series.

nmbr1stunna
07-25-2003, 05:00 PM
One of my favorite games that I've played, I'll probably get beat up for this, is Tokyo Extreme Racer Zero. To me, the graphics on the game were awsome and very detailed as far as the cars go. The chrome(sp?) rims looked more realistic than any I've ever seen in a video game. I also liked being able to put different bodykits and other little parts on my car. Some other details made the game look even better like the lit up dash boards, brake rotor glow, all working turn signals and hazzards. And as far as the gameplay, I like the idea of rolling out in my highly modded R34, cruising the tokyo highways in search of my next victim. Once I find them I flash my lights to get things going, and then rip them a new Asss to Shitt from :mrgreen:

The only negative thing I can say about Tokyo 0 is the very unrealistic handling. Other than that its a very addicting game. :super:

Aldairion
07-25-2003, 05:25 PM
NFS HS/RC was my favorite NFS game...its hard to really nail my favorite anything...but I really enjoy the Gran Turismo series...GTA3 (PS2) was great...and Midtown Madness 1 & 2 were very fun...well i guess thats it...I would say the Gran Turisom series is :super: :super: :super: ...and yea...u got chrome spelled right :mrgreen:

Jimmy
07-25-2003, 08:28 PM
OLD GAME -Street Figher II Turbo (SNES). I got that game for my 8th birthday, and I'm still playing it!
NEW GAME -Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell (Ps2). It is the most beautiful console game I've ever played! It also has amazing stealth gameplay to back it up!

Overall, I think old school brillance shines through though, and SF2T gets the nod, so I'll say Street Fighter II Turbo is my all time favorite game.

CodeRed
07-25-2003, 08:35 PM
New: Gran Turismo 2. Simply the best driving game I have ever played. Also, Command and Conquer: Red Alert 2 is very fun...
Old: Bomberman (I think its pretty old)...

T®u3no G+ Ap3x
07-25-2003, 08:48 PM
New: Gran Turismo 2. Simply the best driving game I have ever played. Also, Command and Conquer: Red Alert 2 is very fun...
Old: Bomberman (I think its pretty old)...

Gleb : GT2 isn't that old eh? :wink:

aldend123
07-25-2003, 08:50 PM
hmmm.....
I got four favorites:
old games:
Commander Keen and Cosmo's Adventures, two games from x86 days.

new games:
NFS:SE, quite possibly the best racing game ever!
and
Operation Flashpoint, the most realistic, hardest, most entertaining game I have ever played in my life.

BMW_M5
07-25-2003, 09:10 PM
OLD - NFS HS and GTA series
New - Mafia-City Of Lost heaven....

PortuguesePilot
07-25-2003, 10:35 PM
it's a next-to-impossible task to say which is my favourit because i have a whole lot of favourit games but if i have to pick one, i'll pick one that most of you do not know either simply because you're american and abominate real frootball (soccer) or because you're too young to remember or understand. that game is Sensible World of Soccer (SWOS). i have chosen it not because it's my favourit game (i do not know which game is my top favourit), i chose it because it is, quite simply, the game that held me to the computer monitor for the longest time. i've been playing SWOS ever since it came out in the Commodore Amiga in the gone year of 1993, i kept playing after it was ported to the PC and i play it still every now and then. it's the undesputed champion! i've been playing it non-stop for over 10 years. there are kids here that are younger than that...

Venom
07-25-2003, 11:29 PM
Gran Turismo 3
Ace Combat 04
Mario 64
Super Mario Sunshine
Sonic 3 w/ Sonic And Knucles
Need For Speed 2
Need For Speed High Stakes
Super Mario Kart
Super Mario Kart 64
Goldeneye
Super Mario Bros. 3

And plenty more :mrgreen:

Kon
07-26-2003, 12:02 AM
SimCity 2000 - creating and governing your city is fun and then dealing with expenses and income made the game a real challenge. Mostly any Maxis game is fun for me, like the Sims and SimCity 4, but there are still some things about SimCity 2000 i like the most more than the newer SimCity series

Anonymous
07-26-2003, 12:40 AM
Max Payne is my fav. I unfortunately don't play that many games. :angry:

Sinister
07-26-2003, 01:00 AM
Max Payne is pretty good.. I liked the bullet time.. .. .. taking out 4 guys in one dive is cool tho..

My OLD fave was Lurking Horror for the PC.

New-
1. Soldier of Fortune 2 For the Multiplayer
2. Wolfenstien: Enemy Territory for the Campaigns.
3. 1nsane For the Go anywhere 4x4ing and Jumping, along with Unimaginable speeds.. (@Kon & Kracka - Remember the Supra)
4. Max Payne (as stated above)
5. Tony Hawk 3 was cool.
6. The original NEED FOR SPEED! for the cars.

... Ok.. out of all.. I'd say SOF2 because I play it most lately.

Misanthrope
07-26-2003, 01:34 AM
It's a very tough question! Street Fighter II Turbo was great as JBM Tuner said, I also enjoyed Ultimate Mortal Kombat very much. For cars, Need for speed 2 SE and Need for speed High stakes, and maybe test drive 3 (it was really cool when it first came out!) and well... I don't know how many of you can remember about "Larry" I was like 6 when I first played the very first Larry and then bought Larry 6 and 7 which is the best! and the last, just for respect and because it made me very occupied for a very long time, Fifa '99 (I cannot tell about any new games cause I don't got enough computer for them :angry: )

aldend123
07-26-2003, 01:45 AM
how come no one likes the old x86 games????

PortuguesePilot
07-26-2003, 12:05 PM
how come no one likes the old x86 games????

who said i didn't? "Prince of Persia" and "Rick Dangerous" are amongst my very favourit games. SWOS itself was made aiming at the 486DX2 processor in mind. i have about a dozen x86 games that i trully love, such as:

4D Sports Driving (AKA Stunts)

Car & Driver (remarkable analogic control! among the best games to play with a steeringwheel. to be perfect, it only lacks forcefeedback and up-to-date graphics+sound).

4D Boxing (easily the best boxing simulation ever made)

Maniac Mansion (the father of all 2D graphic adventures made by the insanely hilarious and remarkably intelligent fellows at LucasArts)

Day of the Tentacle (the fabulous sequel to Maniac Mansion. as far as i'm concerned, it's the best graphic adventure ever)

Sam & Max hit the Road (another great graphic adventure from the all-time geniuses of LucasArts).

etc...

and yes, i even like some 8086 games. my first PC was a Philips P2120 that featured an Intel 8088 @ 10MHz and 728KB RAM. it also had a CGA graphic card (that displayed 4 simultaneous colours out of 8 possible ones), 20MB harddisk and... PC Speaker sounds. while most people at the time still used monochrome monitors, all my games were viewed on a glorious 14" Philips CM8833 MkI polichromatic monitor with 320x240 resolution and 0.42mm dotpitch and a maximum horizontal refreshing rate of 15Hz.

this pre-historical machine was my first PC and it was quite a revolution, because i owned a Sinclair Spectrum 48K before. the PC games were the ones that really made me get hooked at gaming (the Spectrum only opened the door to the gaming world. the PC consolidated it and the Commodore Amiga, my most loved machine, raised me to gaming heaven).

in the old Philips PC i played games such as:

Stunt Car Racer (who dares not to like this fabulous game? an historical landmark, this is. Long Live sir Geoff Crammond!)

Test Drive 1 (this was a glorious effort from the defunct Accolade group. it was a remarkable car simulation and it held quite a name before it was trashed by the likes of Test Drive 4 and henceforward).

Grand Prix Circuit (made by the same people who made the original Test Drive, this was the first Formula 1 simulator to really deserve the name "simulator" [well... sort of])

Out Run (infinitly inferior to the Arcade version, this game was still pretty awesome. there was no SEGA MegaDrive (Genesis) at the time and the
Amiga version was made about two years later than the PC version, so the tame PC version ruled supreme in the housemarket. although it had ugly graphics (especially on CGA), it had what most games now-a-days lack: playability.)

Xenon 2 (the first real good shoot-em'up to be made to the PC. it was lightyears ahead of all the shoot-em'ups i've tryed on the Spectrum. only Arcades were better... and not by much. the Amiga version is infinitly superior, but i only got it three years after i first tryed this at the PC).

Alley Cat (this is unique. this is not just a game, it is a philosophical statement. it does not fit into any game classification: it's not an action game, it's not a simulation, it's not a strategy game... it's in a class of its own. made in 1984, this is a true piece of the gameing history with almost 20 years of age. a very much loved and [above all] RESPECTED PC game. i'm not expecting that any of you understand...)

there are a whole lot more games that i like, scattered through a whole lot of platforms (PC, Amiga, SNES, Genesis, PC-Engine, etc...). i just felt compelled to tell all this because i do love many x86 games, some even older than that. you can also easily gather that racing games have always been among my favourits. The Need For Speed SE is one of my most loved games of all time. a true classic in every extent of the word.

PJ
07-26-2003, 12:28 PM
the games that i would have to say i played the most and loved would have to be:

Street fighter (i've been playing the series for over a decade now and i still do occasionaly, no one i know can beat me :P ....it would be a dream come true if this game was playable online in the near future so i can get some real challenge and see how i compare to the rest of the world.)

Gran Turismo 2 (although GT3 was much more easier on the eye, GT2 kept me hooked alot longer.)

Command and Conquer series (i loved playing the link up games with my bro)

Delta Force (TFD kept me hooked the longest, but i haven't been into BHD much, too many probs last i checked :| )

SVT
07-26-2003, 12:31 PM
wow, maniac mansion got me through some long hours of high school. i didnt know there was a sequel to it though. any idea where i might find it? i used to go to the mall with my mom and watch her and my dad duke it out on outrun! i didnt even know there was a pc version! ok, my fav games include:

NES: Battle Tank (it was just too goofy not to be fun)
SNES: Mario Kart (Better than 64)
PC: nfspu or scgt
PSX: Mortal Kombat Trilogy or Metal Gear Solid
PS2: Kinetica
XBox: Halo
and an extra:
Internet: BZFlag (online shoot'em up tank game)

2FAST4U
07-27-2003, 10:40 AM
I still play it from time to time, but it got old.

carma 2 will NEVER get old. it's just impossible.

I know what you mean. I haven't had HP2 long enough to say that about it, but the chances are really high that I will. Not many games get more playtime from me than GTA: Vice City, but HP2 just blew it's doors off (pun intended). For those of you people who have despised either the X-Box, PC, or GameCube versions (in other words, the ones developed by EA Games), then try the PS2 version by Black Box. It's much more fun. :super: :mrgreen:

TTC
07-27-2003, 05:16 PM
i'll put all games in one list:
TTD
NFS4
street legal 2 ( just love it, even with all those bugs, its still so much fun with my old steering wheel

[RMT]Rebel
08-03-2003, 08:58 PM
Well, my favorites are:

-FALLOUT2!!! What, are there really no fans of this excellent game around here? I just love it, personally... So much possibilities - a piece of world is offered to you... And what's important - this game has its unique style, this aura of Fallout... I just plain adore this game, had w/t it some 6 times alredy... And it doesn't get boring for me! So I really want to get myself a Fallout1, too... Btw, anyone knows when Fallout3 comes out?

-CounterStrike... Best multiplayer around, IMO! And as a proof is the fact that it's up for 4 years alredy! And besides - I just love this game... (all the way scince pre-1.0 betas... 4.3 with a scope... 4.6 with aimer with scope off... Those were times.. oops, I am getting offtopic)

-NFS 1 !!! This was the game that started it all for me... And I still consider it being best in some ways from whole NFS series - e.g. traffic was most realistic and realistic-behaving. Also each car had REALLY unique performance... I LOVE this game!

-NFS4: HS. Well, no comment needed, I think. Simply the best car sim around.

-GTA3 and ViceCity! Excellent games, now with GeForce I'll get these home ASAP!

Anonymous
08-05-2003, 02:26 AM
Tom Clancy Series kicks everythings ***

Twin_Turbo511
08-06-2003, 01:11 PM
Racing:

GT3 > THE best driving simulator EVER (until GT4)

TXR0 > Something about it that can't make me stop playing it

Auto Modelista > Read above

Moto GP2 > I love bikes..never played any other new games like this

NFS4 > come on.. NFS is like the doorway 2 all these new games..

NFS5 > never get tied of it...even my mother plays it (loves porsches)

Shooting/Missions:

TOM CLANCY SPLINTER CELL > the name says it all...

Hitman 2: Silent Assassin > I love the undercover hits..

GTA3VC > Come on, no one can get tired of a game like this..I play this game religiously.. i have cars in every garage, etc. although I only have 92 hidden packages..i need like a map for them..

GTA3 (PC) > Since I've madea few cars on it..and I can actually get out of them..

I know I have more..but can't remember them..

Anonymous
08-08-2003, 04:10 PM
After a long debate with myself I narrowed down the best games I have ever played.

Racing: Need For Speed SE. Nothing can touch this gem. NOTHING. Back then the gfx were pretty good. Physics was good. Decent car selection. PtoP tracks an d circuit. Hot Pursuit etc.

Simulation: F22 Lightening 2. This game just plain owned. The gfx were amazing. Extremely well detailed. Very Realistic.

Action: This is probably the most contested section for me. Three main games hit home for me here. Tom Clancy's Rogue Spear. The amount of detail and atmosphere in that game was insane. Kicks Counter Strike's ***. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon. Once again the atmosphere and the genuine flexibility of how you could execute missions. On top of that there was a slight RPG element in assigning experience points to soldiers. You could customize the kits. And the witty one liners at the Beginning. So much better than Delta Force. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell, the graphics and sheer bad assness of this own. I would have listed Max Payne, but it really isnt that original.

Adventure: Monkey Island 3. Oh man it was great to actually have some vocie acting.

Sports: Madden NFL 2003, just keeps getting better. I like the tackling animations a lot.

Cayenne
08-08-2003, 04:15 PM
Transport Tycoon
Jagged Alliance series (1,2 and 2UB)
F1 2002 and F1 Challenge 99-02
NFS4, NFS5
FIFA 2000, FIFA 2001, FIFA 2002, FIFA World Cup 2002, FIFA 2003 :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

That's my favourite all-timers :mrgreen:

I especially loved playing Tranasport Tycoon when i had IBM 486 computer 4 years ago lol :mrgreen:

SuperStar
08-08-2003, 04:54 PM
Super Mario RPG
Double Dragon 2
Mario Kart(64)
Golden Eye

Anonymous
08-09-2003, 01:40 AM
OMG super mario RPG. One of the best SNES games ever. Geno was the shit.

Krl99
08-09-2003, 01:57 AM
Maybe the best simulation is Live For Speed http://lfs.racesimcentral.com/

But NFS series are good. NFS 5 is real.

Jeembo
10-22-2003, 09:12 PM
Gotta go with Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon as my favorite game. I play it online all the time. Fave console game is Conker's Bad Fur Day, followed closely by Madden 04. For classic games, I gotta go with Tecmo Super Bowl. That game pwn3d. Super Mario Bros 3 was sweet too.

cHeMhEaD_1
10-22-2003, 10:01 PM
New (Relatively):

-Sega Rally 2
Need I say more?

-Ferrari F355 Challenge
It's friggin' fun in the arcade! I actually like the music in the game! I can't believe so many people are fretting about it.

-Inital D: Arcade Stage v.2
Once again, need I say more?

-Daytona USA 2
Mix the heavy turning of a NASCAR-ish stock car and mix it with unrealistic drifting like a dirt sprint car and 210+MPH speed. Thats Daytona USA 2 for you. Much better graphics (Sega Dreamcast-quality graphics!) Once planned for release on the DC, it never was even attempted, so it stayed in the arcade. 4 different cars (including the Hornet Special Edition, a tributer to the original Daytona USA (1994) which you unlock on the machine after 700 plays). 3 different tracks (Speedway Oval (Beginner), Amusment Park Themed-Road (Intermediate) and Downtown-Road (Expert), plus an "Adventure" mode, one lap around each course, non-stop, taking a tunnel to link to the next one, going from Intermediate>Expert>Beginner. My best time finishing it was about 5 minutes. The machine itself actually counter-rolls as you turn! Plus, the multiplayer mode allowed for up to 16 different players to participate at once racing each other!

-Super GT/SCUD Race
This was originally planned to be Daytona USA's succesor, but was changed to be a Le Mans racing game, yet still with Daytona USA's physics, modified for the car performance. Super GT (Sport Car Ultimate Driver Race in Japan and Europe, but available in the U.S., if you can find it) has 4 cars, real, and 4 tracks, fantasy, plus 4 mirror versions by holding the Start button. The cars are:

-McLaren F1 GTR
-Ferrari F40
-Dodge Viper GTS-R
-Porsche 911 GT (993)

The cars drift, and the AI cars consist of almost all of these cars that resemble a mix between a Lamborghini Diablo VT and a Lotus Esprit. Rumors were that it could be a final release for the Sega Saturn, especially since the game has Sega Saturn ads around the tracks. After that rumor went bust, others were very optimistic that it could come out on the Dreamcast. Once again, no dice. Arcade versions are very much all around. And oddly enough, every Chuck E. Cheese has one! Wierd.

Old:

-Daytona USA
The original. Some may say it's the king of all racing games. 3D graphics, but polygon-lacking. This game DID come out for the Sega Saturn, then Daytona USA Circuit Championship Edition followed, then Sega made a stupid decision to let Hasbro Interactive have a share of the development for the Dreamcast edition. It isn't worth much. Sure, Genki, the guys under the new Tokyo Extreme Racer, worked on it too, but it still wasn't that good.

Anyways, Daytona USA let you race against a large field of stock cars, number depending on what track......

-Beginner - Oval - 8 Laps - 40 cars (you included)
-Advanced - Road Course in a canyon - 4 laps - 20 cars
-Expert - Street Course - 2 laps (but it's 4 miles per lap!!! Almost 3 minutes each one!) - 30 cars

Thats about all I got. BTW if you've noticed, all of them are made by Sega.

Viper
10-22-2003, 10:04 PM
here's my two cents- for multiplayer

N64: Perfect Dark, Goldeneye, WWF no MErcy
XBox- Ghost Recon, Splinter Cell
PC- NFS3

cHeMhEaD_1
10-22-2003, 10:15 PM
Ooh, almost forgot!

Mario Kart 64!!!!!!!!!

Loganno1
10-22-2003, 10:18 PM
nfs3 gta3 and return to castle wolfenstein. even though i have not played POLYBIUS (http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?s=5ebd0d85eb74449d628c966faf4c1be3&showtopic=5950) im sure i would enjoy it

edit* forgot about crash team racing *edit

Beowulf
10-23-2003, 12:56 PM
I don't think anyone's mentioned this one.
My favorite game of all time?
One Word:
DooM

Viper
10-23-2003, 01:01 PM
Majin Kakarotto - good choice - I believe I played the very earliest version of it in 2D- but, I'm waiting for the newest version to come out- If it has multiplayer/Online support.....Unreal Tournament, watch out !!! :mrgreen:

Beowulf
10-23-2003, 01:18 PM
UT can't even come close to DooM3. I have Ultimate Doom, Doom 2, Finaly Doom (Both Plutonia and Evilution). And I've beaten them all on nightmare a dozen times or so.

DooM is the best game ever.

PS - I played the sharware demo at the YMCA in a town I lived in when the game first came out. It's actually 3d Viper.

DeRCT13
10-23-2003, 01:20 PM
Hard to say. I only have a list: RCT, NFS3&4, GTA3, Vice City, and Max Payne. :mrgreen:

ybastiaans
10-27-2003, 11:30 AM
Racing:
Grand Prix Legends (maybe the best physics ever...)
Grand Prix 2 (it had me hooked from the day it was released and I got it with my steering wheel to the day GP3 came out but I think 2 was more revolutionary)
Gran Turismo 2 (The sense of speed is much higher than in 3)

Flying:
Falcon 4.0 (The game, although slightly modded, is used to train fighter pilots. NEED I SAY MORE??)
F22 ADF (Real tricky missions and a REAL cool plane to fly...)

Adventure:
I must agree, Day of the Tentacle. Loved the graphics but I never finished it (and never would have) without a walkthrough... :D

Sports:
Damn, I don't really like sports games, but if I have to choose NFL2002. Smashing someones face on the boarding with your player who happens to have your face on him, is SOOO cool... :D
Virtual Pool Hall is nice too.

That's about it I guess...

Oh yeah, and for the good old ones:
Definately Test Driver 1

Viper
10-27-2003, 11:35 AM
here's an old one I forgot to mention:

Road Rash for N64 - That game hd me laughing in stitches the first few weeks I played it :)

S13DRIFTSPEC
10-27-2003, 07:30 PM
GT3 - The Ultimate Driving Simulator
Daytona USA - I would spend $10 just playing this with a bunch of my friends at the arcade.
Final Fantasy 7 - Best story
GTA3,GTA:VC - :twisted:
Warcraft 2 Battle.net Edition - I had many sleepless nights with this game. 5hour battles at the Garden of War. Those were the best.
Tekken 3, Tekken Tag Tournament - Best Fighting Game period. I love beating my friends with just reversals.

My ALL time favorite...would have to be Warcraft 2. I loved just flying into a someones base with 50 or more dragons with bloodlust and haste. and just killing them all!!!

CHRIS2K2
10-27-2003, 08:00 PM
These are the games I like

Grand Turismo3-PS2
Tony Hawk Pro Skater2-PS1
Tony Hawk Pro Skater3-PS2
Tony Hawk Pro Skater4-PS2
Pro Race Driver-PS2
Driver2-PS1
Test Drive6-PS1
Need For Speed V-Rally2-PS1
Le Mans 24 Hours-PS2
Midnight club-PS2
Midnight club2-PS2
Test Drive Off Road wide Open-PS2
Need For Speed High Stakes-PC
Need For speed Hot Pursuit-PC
Need For Speed Porsche Unleashed-PC
Grand theft Auto3-PS2
Grand theft Vice City-PS2
matt Hoffman Pro BMX2-PS2
Tony hawk UnderGround or else you can call it (THUG)-PS2

jellybeard999
10-28-2003, 02:51 PM
cant decide, GT3 at the moment, but i loved r-type when i was young on my atari st

worst game i ever played is possibly 'descent'

Firestorm
10-30-2003, 03:49 AM
Max Payne 2 i got it a couple of days ago and i have been playing it non stop :super:

Venom
10-30-2003, 09:57 AM
I can't belive I forgot to add the Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat series.

Anonymous
10-30-2003, 10:26 AM
Earthworm Jim is still awesome ;)

the Sonic the Hedgehog series on Genesis was also awesome

the only new age console games that I really like are Grand Theft Auto 3 and Vice City. if not for those, I'd probably beat myself to death for getting a PS2.

Doom tops my all time favorite PC games.

... there's more, but I second Venom, SF and MK definately made being a kid in the early 90s something that you Pokemon-playing babies will forever envy. :twisted:

RedTwentyFour
10-30-2003, 11:43 AM
sander, All the way TTDLX! i love that game man!

Mortal Combat and Commander Keen 1, 2 and 4 are great too!
new age stuff: Mafia, Hitman 2 and FreeLancer.

RiCk

Viper
10-30-2003, 11:55 AM
Lol :mrgreen: I COMPLETELY concur with Mecha ! (except for the fact that my childhood wasnot in the 90's, though 8)

-Wolverine-
10-30-2003, 12:08 PM
You can't go wrong with Ninja Turtles III on NES man!!! 8)

Beowulf
10-30-2003, 01:08 PM

I prove my point.

He's right, all you guys who are growing up now, like the 14 and under crowd, never experianced Doom at it's finest. The amazing graphics when it came out, the scary stuf. And of course Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, the First Mario. You young people (wow, I can actually say that) will never be able to appreciate these games for what they are because you live in a time where graphics rule the market.

As I may say, Doom is still loved now because of one thing, it was the first popular 3d first person shooter ever made.
Wolfenstine is cool too, but it's not 3d, it's 2d.
And Catacombs 3d wasn't very popular.

Anyway, what I'm saying is, those who grew up in the early 1990's experianced games that were made for content, and ammuzment. Now they're all graphics and high technology.

I'm saying all that because I know some 12 year old is gonna come in here and badmouth Doom, and say we all suck because of it.

PortuguesePilot
10-30-2003, 01:14 PM

I prove my point.

He's right, all you guys who are growing up now, like the 14 and under crowd, never experianced Doom at it's finest. The amazing graphics when it came out, the scary stuf. And of course Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, the First Mario. You young people (wow, I can actually say that) will never be able to appreciate these games for what they are because you live in a time where graphics rule the market.

As I may say, Doom is still loved now because of one thing, it was the first popular 3d first person shooter ever made.

Anyway, what I'm saying is, those who grew up in the early 1990's experianced games that were made for content, and ammuzment. Now they're all graphics and high technology.

I'm saying all that because I know some 12 year old is gonna come in here and badmouth Doom, and say we all suck because of it.

funny as you speak of Doom as if it was "old school"... for me, Doom is "new school"... i already had a PC before i had a 80486DX2 @ 66MHz that was able to run Doom. 8088 games are "old school"... Doom, no matter what kind of revolution it was, is too "new" to be called "old school" and it already focused very much on graphics to impress...

Beowulf
10-30-2003, 01:19 PM

I prove my point.

funny as you speak of Doom as if it was "old school"... for me, Doom is "new school"... i already had a PC before i had a 80486DX2 @ 66MHz that was able to run Doom. 8088 games are "old school"... Doom, no matter what kind of revolution it was, is too "new" to be called "old school" and it already focused very much on graphics to impress...

To me Dom is old school. Because I've been playing it since the demo was released. I own every current version of Dom, several source ports, hundreds of levels. I know every map by heart, I know how many shots with what it takes to kill what. It's old schol to me since I've been with it for so long.

PortuguesePilot
10-30-2003, 01:23 PM
To me Dom is old school. Because I've been playing it since the demo was released. I own every current version of Dom, several source ports, hundreds of levels. I know every map by heart, I know how many shots with what it takes to kill what. It's old schol to me since I've been with it for so long.

i understand... it all depends on what's your notion of "a very long time"...
since i grew up during the 80's, Doom is just too recent for me. i liked Doom very much as well, but it doesn't have any nostaligic feeling attached to it...

jellybeard999
10-30-2003, 01:51 PM
i say doom is 'new', i started playing games in the early 90s on my atari st, which was awesome then, and i didnt have anything else til i got my playstation 1, the original model. i was playing pac man etc until then, and when youre used to those type of games i think it seems very new, 3d and all that. late 70's, and 80's is 'old skool'.

Anonymous
10-30-2003, 09:28 PM
I remember Doom, It just didnt do it for me