View Full Version : Killzone vs. Halo 2

2FAST4U
08-26-2003, 12:36 PM
With news about Halo 2 coming out soon, I'm betting other PS2 owners like me are wondering when we'll get a ground breaking first person shooter. Well, you'll be glad to know that there is a game coming out Autumn of next year called Killzone. It is PS2's Halo-beater and I am very excited about it. Right now, I cant say that it'll beat Halo 2, but I am sure that it'll give it a run for its money and give PS2 a good FPS game. The graphics are definately Halo caliber, and the plot sounds great. Has anyone else gotten news of Killzone? If you do, please post. Also, you can post your opinion, but no flaming please. For more info on Killzone go to Killzone.2ya.com 8) 2004 will be a great year for PS2. Also, fou you Half-Life lovers, Half life 2 may come to PS2.

Anonymous
08-26-2003, 07:52 PM
Killzone is a long ways off and so is Halo 2. So its really hard to tell. But from the screens Ive seen, Halo 2 looks better. Gameplay will be hampered by the gamepad. It doesnt look like Killzone will have vehicles you pilot.

Valve specifically said Half Life 2 will never touch consoles, thank god.

..Thats more than 8 million copies sold worldwide, only 500,000 of them on PS2. Which means Valve is defiantly developing Half Life 2 where its core success and fan base resides: exculisvely on the PC
-PC Gamer

TTC
08-27-2003, 02:03 AM
oh wait, let see if i get this right, you have heard off the game you have seen some shots and you automaticly you say"its a halo2 beater".
no way to that!

Anonymous
08-27-2003, 02:14 AM
Half life 2 may come to PS2.
still most people only have it for CS and then you need internet for that :super:

2FAST4U
08-27-2003, 12:28 PM
I never said that it was a Halo killer, I just said that it may give Halo a run for its money. The 'Halo beater' part was just becuase thats what I've heard, but I'm not making assumptions. Also, in my new Game Informer, they said that Half-Life 2 on all consoles is being considered. It'll be as close to Halo as PS2 will get probably. It just seems so cool! :super:

Anonymous
08-28-2003, 12:49 AM
I looked around HL2 will go to XBOX and PC, that appears to be all

2FAST4U
09-04-2003, 07:15 PM
At killzone.2ya.com, they got some very promising info from OPM. You just might want to check it out. Also, while you're there, check out the gorgeus high-res screenshots :mrgreen: 8) . Very promising...lets hope it tastes as good as it looks.