View Full Version : Mercedes Benz world racing

Mr. Kaman
09-17-2003, 03:59 AM
Does anybody know this game? I heard about it from a friend, he told me that you can drive in about every MB ever produced.
Sounded very good to me!

Anybody played it yet?

Screenshots:

BaardK
09-17-2003, 04:16 AM
I have only tryed the demo and I thought it was greate.
You can get demo or shots here:
http://www.ggmania.com/

Anonymous
09-17-2003, 04:58 AM
hhm..interesting... does it have this car also?

Mercedes W125 Record (1938)
http://www.nfscars.net/nfs4shots/w125r.jpg

Anonymous
09-17-2003, 04:59 AM
8O looks awsome... gonna get that!

Anonymous
09-17-2003, 05:04 AM
quote from gamers.com / Mercedes-Benz World Racing review

What's with this whole single-car manufacturer thing in racing games lately? Why limit a game to a single brand? It only leads to forcing gamers to race SUVs and crappy compacts instead of giving them a wide selection of great vehicles to choose from.

Even being limited to the Mercedes Benz license probably wouldn't be that bad, though, if this game were any good. Unfortunately, this isn't the case. World Racing has some of the worst opponent A.I. ever seen in a driving game.

Most racing games feature an elastic A.I. (slowing down lead cars and speeding up back markers) to keep the field tight, and it's bearable when it's done right. Not only is it done poorly in World Racing, however, but it's also totally broken. In this game, cars ahead of you seem to speed up, while cars behind you seem to slow down. It's stupid and frustrating; it's hard to believe that a sports car can't pass a huge SUV down a straightaway.

One thing World Racing does accomplish is having the most confusing menu system of any game, ever. Honestly, memorizing the manual and holding a Master's degree in Game Menu Navigation isn't enough to make things like starting the next race easy.

If nothing else, when you do get out on the track, the game runs smoothly and each car handles like it should. So at a very basic level, this is a competent racer in desperate need of a better interface and better A.I.

http://www.mercedes-benz.com/omb/d/msports/worldracing/e/media/pics/hi/render/render_sl500wire2.jpg

http://www.mercedes-benz.com/omb/d/msports/worldracing/e/media/pics/hi/render/stories_sept/silver_image017.jpg

Anonymous
09-17-2003, 07:50 AM
sounds like my kind of game then.... i alwayz play with no AI and i don't care about how confusing the menus are :wink:

Mr. Kaman
09-17-2003, 07:57 AM
sounds like my kind of game then.... i alwayz play with no AI and i don't care about how confusing the menus are :wink:

Haha, same here! I played NFS4 (not anymore because of XP :angry: ) only for the great cars.
I only raced in single player, with no opponents.

So this also sounded like a nice game to me...

Vlad
09-19-2003, 12:52 PM
Lol.... Same here :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :dopey: I just cruise around (fast or slow) admiring the sensational FULL 3D landscape, and also the very good physics of the game.

PS: Excuse my English, i come from Romania and live in Germany, so......

Brown Chaos
02-07-2004, 08:01 PM
meh the game got a POOR rating. it didn't appeal to me much, not sure why to make a one manufactur game, it's quite pointless. Variety is needed in a racing game.

Also, I have XP and NFS 4 worked well on it...but my video card wasnt' compatible with it though :? , otherwise it was perfect

Jimmy
02-07-2004, 08:06 PM
Why are you kicking these old topics up?

Spirit
02-07-2004, 09:05 PM
I have the full game version and I think it's a good game to spend some hours playing with good Benzos... :)

I love to drive the cars around the City map and parking it on the houses..but on "Free Race" mode, there's NO traffic at all on the streets (and even in a race, the only cars besides opponents are a few parked cars....nothing else.

But physics are really GREAT - IMHO - on Mercedes-Benz World Racing.. and This makes the game get on the spot for me... the dash views are perfect also. and all those Mercedes just pop-up to my eyes on shining colors and good meshes.. :) the scenery is the most complex I've ever seen, and bring to us a whole new variety of routes to follow on the desired track....so many that is possible to get lost in the sceneries... I just loved 'em!

Very nice game IMO...For those who like to drive away withou any reason just for fun, testing some nice Mercedes on Cities/Race Tracks/Off-Road Circuits is really a must.... Should try it off :super:

:super:²

GreetZ
[]'s
Spirit

Spirit
02-07-2004, 09:17 PM
hhm..interesting... does it have this car also?

Mercedes W125 Record (1938)

Yes...It has. :)
Here are some in-game shots:

GreetZ
[]'s
Spirit

CodeRed
02-08-2004, 12:29 AM
Heh, here are some of my screenshots from MBWR:

Spirit
02-08-2004, 06:52 AM
Wow!

Stunning screenshot of the SLR, Gleb! :super: I'm truly amazed by that pic!

How did you take a shot in that angle?!
Is that some kkind of replay and I don't know that?!

GreetZ
[]'s
Spirit

Vlad
02-08-2004, 08:11 AM
You press V i think and the race pauses and you can move the camera with your mouse, mouse1 is zoom and mouse2 is pan :super: :super: