View Full Version : Racer Free Simulation

nebojsa_o
10-15-2003, 08:17 AM
Hey guys.
If any of you plays or played, and edited anything in Racer. You might be able to help me. I have a steering wheel with gas and brake. How can I set up the .ini file so it would recognize my brake as clutch, and gas as gas? If any of you ever modified any of those files you might be able to help. What I got so far is when I hit gas, the car revs up like i'm holding clutch and gas at same time. And then as I'm applying the "brake" the car starts to move forward slowly, just like if I'm letting go of the clutch. :angry: I think I'm close but any help is very very welcome. Thanks in advance if any of you know anything. BTW I checked out the tutorial on the Racer website, but maybe I just don't understand something.

jellybeard999
10-15-2003, 12:39 PM
so you just need to reverse the brake function. hmmm

nebojsa_o
10-15-2003, 03:42 PM
Is that a question? If it is a question, then YES that's what I wanna do. If that's an answer, than I'm afraid it's not good enough because I don't know how to do that. Anyone else?

nebojsa_o
10-15-2003, 11:56 PM
I got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :super: :P :D
I had a little too many settings a control assignments that were screwing something up. I figured it out, and it's pretty fun, driving with clutch, gas, and no brake. lol , it's not like I ever used brake in a racing game anyways. The only problem right now is that it's a little too digital to be analog. I gotta fix up the sensitivity, but I'm not sure how to yet. Any ideas on that?