View Full Version : Help: Xbox Pgr2 vs Play 2 Gt4

Hicks
10-30-2003, 01:03 PM
Ok im goin to buy one of this two consoles, i like more the xbox hardware and the most of the game i want are in both systems with same ratings (not like the nfs6). so theres 2 titles that i want and can only chosse one, first is the Gt4 with some great cars, a huge list (some like 300 right?) and i love upgrade cars, the problem with this game is theres no ferrari, ral porsche or lamborghinis. In the other hand i have PGR2 with i nice gameplay (the driving part is better than the GT series) but you cant upgrade the cars, it has less cars( about 100+) but the most of them are my favorite cars in the world (yes PGR2 has a Ferrari F40), they had Ferrari, Porsche, Jaguar, Saleem, Pagani, Aston Martin, Mercedes-Benz, Bmw and some nice japanese cars and btw had damage models.

i was about to choose the play2 until i see this list and this picture:
Full list of cars in PGR2 ( plus bonus cars)

Mini Cooper S

Seat Leon Cupra R

Volkswagen New Beetle RSi

Ford Focus RS

Honda Civic Type-R

Renault Clio V6

Volkswagen R32

Lancia Delta Integrale Evo

Audi TT Roadster

Mazda Miata MX-5

Toyota MR2 Spyder

Porsche Boxster S

Honda S2000

BMW Z4 3.0i

Audi TT Coupe

Mazda RX-8

Honda Integra Type-R (Japan)

Nissan 350Z

Audi S4

BMW M3

Audi TT 3.2 Quattro

Volvo XC90

Chevrolet SSR

Mercedes ML55 AMG

Porsche Cayenne Turbo

BMW X5 4.6is

Ford SVT Lightning

Mitsubishi 3000 GT VR4

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VII

Mazda RX-7

Toyota Supra Twin-Turbo

Subaru Impreza WRX STi

Nissan Skyline GT-R (R34) Nur

Vauxhall VX220

Lotus Elise

Lotus 340R

Caterham 7 Classic

Renault Spider

AC 427 MKIII

Toyota 2000GT

Nissan 240Z

Porsche 550 Spyder

Jaguar E-Type

Mercedes 300SL Gullwing

Porsche 911 RS 2.7

Ferrari 275 GTB

Ferrari Dino 246 GT

Lancia Stratos

Ferrari 250 GT

Lexus SC 430

Jaguar XKR

Audi RS6

TVR Tamora

Cadillac XLR

Morgan Aero 8

Porsche 911 Carrera Coupe (996)

Iceni

Pontiac GTO

Corvette Sting Ray

Chevrolet Camaro SS

Ford Mustang Fastback 2+2

Chevrolet Camaro Z28

Pontiac Trans Am

Ferrari 355 F1

Porsche 911 Turbo (996)

Chevrolet Corvette Z06

Dodge Viper GTS

Ferrari 360 Modena

Ferrari 360 Spider

TVR Tuscan Speed 6

Delfino Feroce

Bentley Continental GT (HOT)

Ferrari Testarossa

Ferrari 550 Barchetta

Mercedes SL55 AMG

Ferrari 575M Maranello

Aston Martin Vanquish

Lotus Espirit V8

Lotus Exige

Vauxhall VX220 Turbo

Dodge Viper SRT-10

Honda NSX Type-R (Japan)

Noble M12 GTO3

Porsche 911 GT3 (996)

Ferrari Challenge Stradale

Ford GT40

Porsche 959

Ferrari F40

Ferrari F50

Porsche 911 GT2 (993)

Jaguar XJ220

Ascari KZ1

Saleen S7

Ford GT

Porsche Carrera GT

Koenigsegg CC V8S

Enzo Ferrari

Pagani Zonda S

Mercedes CLK-GTR

Porsche 911 GT1

TVR Cerbera Speed 12

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/screenshots_library/dir_217/vortal_pic_108701.jpg

The most of my doubts are because that red car in this picture, i love it, please help me to choose one.

jellybeard999
10-30-2003, 04:17 PM
ps2 has better games overall, and gt4 will be awesome, gt3 had so much depth,

gt4 has 500 cars, most of those listed except ferraris and lambos (RUF tuned porsches are in GT4) and is excellent gameplay. gt4 s meant to have even more realistic handling (braking is more precise etc).

TTC
10-31-2003, 12:43 AM
he jellybeard, you are way to shallow on this, i own a xbox i i've played allot of ps2 games, and i know that xbox games have much more subleem graphics.
and you can't compare GT4 with PGR2.
the're both totaly different games.
in GT4 you buy cars and win races, but in PGR2 you drift and slide and race to get cars.

Linketh
10-31-2003, 01:08 AM
he jellybeard, you are way to shallow on this, i own a xbox i i've played allot of ps2 games, and i know that xbox games have much more subleem graphics.
in GT4 you buy cars and win races, but in PGR2 you drift and slide and race to get cars.

you dont drift! they are 'controled slides' not drift. in gt3/4 you set the car up properly and drift. its way more realistic and so wat it has worse graphics. anyhow wait untill sony releases there next console sumtime 2004 or even the next gen x box thing. they should be compatible for old games to.

Tritoch
11-04-2003, 07:30 PM
.....anyhow wait untill sony releases there next console sumtime 2004 or even the next gen x box thing. they should be compatible for old games to.

I agree whole heartedly, The 2nd gen xbox should be backwards compatable, and hopefully HDTV compatable. Once its out and proves stable, or at least better than the first xbox, then I'll go and preview it, right along w/ pgr2. I had pgr but disliked the xbox console so much, I traded it in for a few ps2 games.

Venom
11-04-2003, 08:16 PM

you dont drift! they are 'controled slides' not drift. in gt3/4 you set the car up properly and drift. its way more realistic and so wat it has worse graphics. anyhow wait untill sony releases there next console sumtime 2004 or even the next gen x box thing. they should be compatible for old games to.
The PS3 won't be out till 2005 at the earliest. Just get a PS2 and GT4 next spring :wink:

GT4 will be the ultimate console racing game for a while :mrgreen:

Anonymous
11-04-2003, 11:42 PM
no lamborghini = gay

Hicks
11-05-2003, 05:14 AM
Now im sure, im goin to buy the Xbox, because i like this console much more and one of my friend now has a Ps2 so we can play the 2 games!!! :faint:

Anonymous
11-05-2003, 05:21 AM
I have a PS1, PS2, and XBOX. :twisted: :super:
I do have to agree, the XBOX does look better than the PS2. Every aspect of the XBOX is better than the ps2....except maybe the size/looks (physically) =p. ME, personally like it. But size and look is a big complanint out there. But, all hardware is more advanced and .er... better lol. They just need to make some nice games for it! The potential is there for the taking :( No one is making any games! :angry:

F-elix
11-05-2003, 07:14 AM
why do people keep comparing these two games?
PGR2 is designed to be a fun and easy-to-learn game, with some challenging bits
GT4 is a completely different genre, and pretty much there is nothing like it.

Also another thing that pisses me off...people complaining about the size/weight of the XBox....
Does anybody here take a PS2 or XBox onto the street and play while walking around? Who cares if it's a heavy brick, it sits on the floor, maybe move around to friend's house, and it stays on the floor...hmmm..

But eitherway, for quick fun, get PGR2. For 'hardcore' car head, get GT4

S13DRIFTSPEC
11-05-2003, 09:45 PM
GT4 - Rally racing, 500+ cars, almost 100 tracks, Drift mode, Ability to tune your car, Chevelle SS

PGR2 - Ferrari, Porsche, 100+ cars, can't tune your car, Nice Graphics, no chevelle SS.

hmm..... whatever floats your boat. GT4 for me. :mrgreen:

TTC
11-18-2003, 01:30 PM
just played the demo of PGR2, its awsome dude!
its much more realistic then PGR.
powersliding is much more difficult to control, i guess in handling its more kinda like a simulation.
and those graphics are flawless.
+ every car has its own sound and the poppup radio is cool