View Full Version : New GTA Wannabe (True Crime: Streets of LA)

Anonymous
10-31-2003, 06:23 PM
And I didnt mean that in a bad way :)
Go google a search on it. Its called True Crime: Streets of LA.
Looks awesome. 8) :super:

Anonymous
10-31-2003, 10:26 PM
It has Snoop Dog's stamp of approuval

Viper
10-31-2003, 11:44 PM
It's release date is for Nov. 5 - I preordered it- what lured me to it was the fact that there are hundreds of miles mapped (through satelite photography) of actual Los Angeles City streets, and since I'm from L.A. :mrgreen:

Viper
11-11-2003, 09:06 AM
Coderz.....I got the game, it's fun, the missions are creative, the streets are so accurate it's uncanny, the driving is really cool, busting perps is funny BUT.......it's most definitely a rip-off of GTA3 !!! what's worse even yet is that I bought the GTA3/GTA Vice City twinpack on the same day that I got TC:SoLA....so disappoiinted that they would do that ! Anyhow, I gave both GTA's to my nephew and kept the True Crime game :) Having 3 of almost the same thing is just too redundant !

CaPa DoN
11-14-2003, 05:31 AM
i saw a preview of that game, was looking very nice. too bad the game won't be on Pc.

Viper
11-14-2003, 07:43 AM
Unfortunately, I would NOT recommend this game to anyone since the controls are NOT very intuitive- as a matter of fact, the controls you use for driving in GTA3/GTA VC are the ones you use for shooting and for enteing/exiting a car so, when at high speed, if you accidentally pull the left trigger...you get ejected from the car and take a lot of damage.

The game is MOST DEFINITELY over-hyped ! IT is NOT what the TV commercials make it out to be ! They took too many elements of Max Payned, GTA series and Dead to Rights and tried to cram it into this game....they obviously tried to cash in on the GTA series not realizing that GTA was soon coming to the XBox....it's almost as bad as someone stealing your car and then submitting it just two days after you uploaded it !