View Full Version : HALO install problem

Vlad
11-08-2003, 03:45 PM
Hi,

I searched overall on the net but never found a soluttion to my problem.

When i want to install Halo (PC) at... 78% or 89% the installation stops, telling me i got no disk space for swapping file...i got 26 GB free. :angry: :angry: . This error shows up in the HALO Demo version, too....... My system XP2100+ 512 DDR 120GB Samsung, nForce2, GF4 MX 440 WIN XP SP1 and so on.....

Please help pe cause I´m desperate :faint: :faint:

Thank you in advance

lawrence2002
11-08-2003, 04:21 PM
Hi,

When i want to install Halo (PC) at... 78% or 89% the installation stops, telling me i got no disk space for swapping file...i got 26 GB free. :angry: :angry: . This error shows up in the HALO Demo version, too....... My system XP2100+ 512 DDR 120GB Samsung, nForce2, GF4 MX 440 WIN XP SP1 and so on.....

Thank you in advance
Here is how to fix it :

Step one - Open up System Propertice by pressing windows key+ pause
Step two - Click on the advance tab
Step three - One the first box that says Performance, click on settings
Step four - Click on the advance tab
Step five - On the virtual memory box, click Change
Step six - On one/or more (depends on the one you are willing to use) of your harddrive, click "Custom size"
Step seven - Enter in a value in the Inital Size box and the Max. Size box. I currently uses 3000MB or 3 GB for virtual memory (REMEMBER, ALWAYS SET THE INITAL SIZE AND THE MAX SIZE THE SAME!)
Step eight - After you finished step seven, click "Set"
Step nine - Click OKAY
Step ten - Restart your computer
Step eleven - See if it works! :mrgreen:

Anonymous
11-09-2003, 12:36 AM
even if it doesnt work youre not missing much

Vlad
11-09-2003, 01:50 AM
Nope...it didn´t work. Thanx anyways :super:

lawrence2002
11-09-2003, 02:41 AM
Nope...it didn´t work. Thanx anyways :super:
Awwww... that is how I got my Flight Simulator working... :|

RubberLayer
11-09-2003, 02:55 AM
Hi,

Thank you in advanceSame prob happened to me...I went bought a video card called the "nVidia GeForceFx5200 Palitdaytona" and everything was all good.