View Full Version : PS2,XBOX or Gamecube????

Fenomeno
01-12-2004, 12:23 PM
My favorite videogame is Playstation 2.I Like it because the design of the joystick is good and the games are very good. :D
And you?What is your favorite videogame???

Gait
01-12-2004, 12:26 PM
I've got a Xbox like the big controller.

Games:

Splinter Cell
Project Gotham Racing
NFS Hot Pursuit 2
NFS Underground
Moto GP 2
True Crime Streets of LA
FIFA 2003

*NFSMasteR*
01-12-2004, 01:14 PM
Gamecube for first party support and controler and games!

PortuguesePilot
01-12-2004, 02:24 PM
uhu! this kind of thread will end in a flame war. i tried, innocently, to make a civilized and sensitive thread about this (i wanted advice about which system to buy) and, while it worked for a time, it ended out in a war where some people were willing to take each outher eyes out.

i bought a PS2...

if anyone's interested, the link that thread is here (http://www.nfscars.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=4181&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0). i'm just posting it as a refference (to what sort of behaviour comes from a topic of this nature) so please, don't bring that old thread back. in fact, if a mod is reading these words of mine, please lock that old thread. thanks!

Jimmy
01-12-2004, 02:39 PM
I have a PS2 with:
GT3
GTA3
GTAVC
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
Jak And Daxter: The Precurser Legacy
Jak 2
Rachet & Clank
Rachet & Clank 2: Going Commando (What a subtitle! :lol: )
Tony Hawk 3
Tony Hawk 4
Tony Hawk's Underground
Crash Nitro Cart (I call it CTR 2, but CNK is the real name)
Splashdown
Splashdown 2: Rides Gone Wild
ATV Offroad Fury
ATV Offroad Fury 2
WWE SmackDown! 4: Shut Your Mouth
WWE SmackDown! 5: Here Comes The Pain
Devil May Cry
ESPN NHL Hockey
NHL 2003
Madden 2004
Metal Gear Solid 2...
ahh screw it, it's not a game list thread! I'll just say I have a bunch more, lol.

*NFSMasteR*
01-12-2004, 03:28 PM
Its not gonna end in a flamewar. We all have differant oppions, and tastes i like gamecube for games like suoersmash bros and metroid prime, pepole like ps2 for many reasons , pepole buy xbox for halo in not fighting about it and if where all mature (coming from a 12 year old) then no flaming will happen

CHRIS2K2
01-12-2004, 03:31 PM
my favorite PS2 game is:

MC2-Is the best racing game out there

Max Payne the fall of Max payne-I love this game :super:

*NFSMasteR*
01-12-2004, 03:32 PM
i love those games too thats why i own the pc versions( got em today)

CHRIS2K2
01-12-2004, 03:34 PM

what games are you talking about. :scratch:

P.S. I got both of those game for PS2

Beowulf
01-12-2004, 06:47 PM
I have an Xbox.. bought it last week. I don't like the Gamecube, only 2 games I want to try.. not ones that I really wanna own, and my fiance has a PS2 so I have no need to go out and buy one... And GT4 is the only game I'd want for the PS2 anyway.

I only really bought the Xbox for 5 games, Halo, Rallisport Challange, Doom3, Halo 2, and Rallisport Challange 2. Other then that I don't like the games, nor do I like the big controler, so I specificly got the Smaller one.

In trms of sheer number of games that I like.. neither the Gamecube, Xbox, or PS2 can compare to the SNES and NES. But then again, bot hte NES and SNES are overshadowed by my old Atari.

*NFSMasteR*
01-12-2004, 06:54 PM
i got max pyane and midnight club today for pc..

what games are you talking about. :scratch:

P.S. I got both of those game for PS2

Aldairion
01-12-2004, 06:57 PM
ps2...all the way

lots of games

Brown Chaos
02-06-2004, 09:20 PM
I own all three, and each system has there ups and downs.

Truly it just depends on what TYPE of games your looking for

Gamecube: Mario related system. Lots of games rated for everyone, with minimal violence (everyone saw Super Smash bros Melee...) this system is good for children however alot of games are ported on, so anyone will like it...though you need a memory card. The controls are good for fighting games like SSB melee, and soul calibur

PS2: More teen related games towards this system, along with mature related games (Getaway, GTA..etc) this system also have a pretty good control, i find it the best one to use for Racing games, thought if you don't hit buttons hard, the control won't be that great. THe load time is very slow, but games aren't ported onto this console unlike the others, a good system to buy...(memory card is separate as well)-Also comes with DVD player

XBOX: This one is also quite good. Graphics are quite well done like the other three. This system has more mature rated games. This is more for the older teens as well. Memory card is NOT needed for this system as it has a harddrive. you can also store your songs on this system, however like a PC, it lags after awhile. A good System as well. The controlls are big but are made to fit the contours of your hand for long periods of play.

I prefer the PS2 over the others, simply because i go for the racing type games, but for fighters i use gamecube, and for all around, driving and fighting i use XBOX, each have their own ups and downs....

Anonymous
02-07-2004, 07:32 AM
I have a Xbox game console with 2 big controllers and i really like it.
Xbox has much less games than PS2 but it still has a much good games as PS2. I just love Halo, PGR2 etc...
To bad you PS2 will never play 'em on your PS, but so wont we Xbox players ever play GT3 or GT4 on our Xboxes. The solution is buy both! :mrgreen:
Can someone tell me GOOD PS2 shooting games like Halo?

CaPa DoN
02-07-2004, 08:25 AM
my favorite PS2 game is:

i heard max payne 2 was very bad for the ps2. not the game itself but the way it runs, sometime choppy etc. i've played max payne 1 on ps2, and i have to say i still find a mouse and keyboard better than a joystick (but thats my oppinion)

StYLeS
02-07-2004, 08:31 AM
I didn't buy Xbox only for Halo. Halo sux in my opinion. I only enjoy Splinter Cell on Xbox. Shooters are only good on PC not consoles for use of mouse and keyboard. PS2 may have the largest games since it came out earlier than Xbox remember. XBox has heaps too and that is good quality games not rush games. PC plus Xbox > PS2 and Gamecube put together. Xbox even has better quality components than PS2. Proof from retail outlets in Australia saying that heaps of PS2 were brought back due to faulty DVD components. PS1 had better reputation and quality of goods.

Anonymous
02-07-2004, 10:04 AM
U think Halo sucks?!? 8O
Youre a weird one. :mrgreen:
I think too that its the easiest to play with a keyboard and mouse shooting games, tho Halo's controlls are also working well, in my opinion.
I only enjoy Splinter Cell on Xbox
Havent played but reviews say its damn good, maybe ill buy it sometime.

OZ
02-07-2004, 10:21 AM
my favorite PS2 game is:

i heard max payne 2 was very bad for the ps2. not the game itself but the way it runs, sometime choppy etc. i've played max payne 1 on ps2, and i have to say i still find a mouse and keyboard better than a joystick (but thats my oppinion)

heh :P nothing can beat a mouse and a keyboard on 1ยบ person shooters, once you get used to it, the controls are really easy, something hard on joysticks. I got payne 2 for the ps2, indeed, the game is fun, but i felt a bit disapointed about the graphics and control, i wish the at least do a better job on they on their next versions :super:

Jimmy
02-07-2004, 11:32 AM
I didn't buy Xbox only for Halo. Halo sux in my opinion. Shooters are only good on PC not consoles for use of mouse and keyboard. PS2 may have the largest games since it came out earlier than Xbox remember. XBox has heaps too and that is good quality games not rush games. PC plus Xbox > PS2 and Gamecube put together. Xbox even has better quality components than PS2. Proof from retail outlets in Australia saying that heaps of PS2 were brought back due to faulty DVD components. PS1 had better reputation and quality of goods.
1-The faulty DVD's must be in Austraila only. My DVD is fine in my PS2, and I always use it.
2-Not in all cases does PC/Xbox>PS2 and NGC. The more true one I'd say is PC> Xbox/PS2/NGC. All systems have pros and cons. Example
+:
XBox-Destroys all other systems in graphics, and controler designed to fit contours of you hand.
NGC-A small system, so it's easy to move, and fits in almost any small space.
PS2-Has the most games, and is backwords compatible with almost all PSOne games.
-
XBox-Big design makes it hard to fit in smaller spots, and contoroler hard to use with those with small hands (I know, cause my g/f couldn't use it very good).
PS2-Due to being realesed one year earlier, graphics arn't quite up to par.
NGC-A lot of the games are geared towards smaller kids, so It might not appeal to older gamers.
3-Halo dosen't suck. It's awesome on XBox. It's just better on PC. It dosen't mean it sucks on XBox.

max3000
02-07-2004, 11:47 AM
Like always, I'll stick with Sony...
I always liked the PSX and the PS2 better than any other gaming console.

OZ
02-07-2004, 03:18 PM
Like always, I'll stick with Sony...
I always liked the PSX and the PS2 better than any other gaming console.

i agree... specially if you have tons of ps1 games, it would be just a shame if you had to get rid of they...

Venom
02-07-2004, 03:35 PM
I also perfer the PS2, with the Gamecube in 2nd. The Xbox has very few games that interst me and it ia a bit too big for my tastes. The First time I played Xbox (Project Gothom Racing) I actually had a hard time controlling the car du to the huge controller. I also played 007: Agent Under Fire and it was also hard to play with the Xbox controller. Now on the PS2 the same game was a lot easier to play due to the PS2's controller which is better imo. Every since we got a PS with the original Dual Shock controller I have always loved the controller. It fits in my hands perfectly and the Dualshock to is also pressure sensitive on allo of its buttons (except start and select). The GC's controller comes in 2nd for me. And one other thing I dont like about the Xbox is the fact that accessories cost a significant amount more than for the PS2 or GC. the Xbox Live starter kit costs $64 here while the PS2's network adaptor is $39 and is free with most games unlike the Xbox where you have to pay a subscription fee every year (greedy Mircosoft).

Also the only problem I have ever had with our PS2 over the past 2 years is the "disk read error" which I fixed by taking apart the PS2 and cleaning the laser lense :P

Hicks
02-08-2004, 08:34 AM
if you dont like the xbox controller you can buy a small one, and if you dont like any of those you can buy one adapter to plug you ps2 controller in the xbox, that soo esasy to resolve.
Well i have a Xbox, i brought it for Pgr2 ,t was just what i was waiting, a game with the same line of the 1-6 NFS games, a very fun car game, with super cars, good phisics (great to me atleast, not like F1 but soo fun, fit in the game perfectly), and great locations, also have the most of game that i want, i really dont care about Final Fantasy, Resident Evil (the only survival horror that i like is Onimusha, actually i love that game), and metal gear series, i want game like Soul Calibur 2, Dead or Alive, Top Spin, a good Bakest Ball game (i cant remember de the name now) Fifa 2004, Burnout 2, Starwars : Battlefront, Race Driver 2, basically game to play with my friends, for rpg game i have my Pc with NWN.
Actually the only thing for my taste that xbox dont have is a Gt series.

Junkie
02-08-2004, 08:49 AM
[this is just a joke. dont take it seriously, nor fight me for i'm stupid, and this is just a joke]hm. i vote on pc... :P[/this is just a joke. dont take it seriously, nor fight me for i'm stupid, and this is just a joke]

Jimmy
02-08-2004, 09:42 AM
hm. i vote on pc... :P
PC isn't a gaming console. We're talking about PS2 Xbox and Gamecube only. PC is better, but isn't a game console.

Junkie
02-08-2004, 10:20 AM
i know dude, it was ment to be a joke... :eyes: :)

Jimmy
02-08-2004, 10:27 AM
Then designate it as a joke with "j/j", "j/k", "j/p", etc. and don't use this :eyes: smilie. Implying that i'm stupid, when I'm probably just as smart or smarter than you.

Anonymous
02-08-2004, 10:29 AM
Ive experienced this a few times too. You need to put yourjoketext that some people understand it as one. :rolleyes:
So next time junkie: "hm. i vote on pc... :P ", so you wont get miss understood. :mrgreen:

Jimmy
02-08-2004, 10:30 AM
Ive experienced this a few times too. You need to put yourjoketext that some people understand it as one. :rolleyes:
So next time junkie: "hm. i vote on pc... :P ", so you wont get miss understood. :mrgreen:
Even that. Anything that you don't get misunderstood.

Junkie
02-08-2004, 10:46 AM
edited.
sorry.
you happy now?

*NFSMasteR*
02-08-2004, 10:57 AM
I like gamecube most for these reasons, the controler freakin rocks, i love the games (resident evil, best james bond, eteranl darkness, metriod prime...)and its cheap

jellybeard999
02-09-2004, 04:28 PM
Also the only problem I have ever had with our PS2 over the past 2 years is the "disk read error" which I fixed by taking apart the PS2 and cleaning the laser lense

same here, a little alcohol based cleaner (which electricians use) and i was back in business.

i think the XBox is too big and the gamecube has rubbish (childish) games.

PS2 has all the games u could ever want (except Championship manager) that are available on consoles. I will soon have a new PC though so PS2 will take a backseat :D

Hicks
02-09-2004, 07:02 PM

I cant understand why people care so mucho if the xbox is big, plus i dont thnik its big, its smaller than a vcr, there a lot of reasons to buy or not buy a console but the size? , plus i think it look a lot better than the ps2 and the cube.

Venom
02-09-2004, 08:34 PM
VCRs are too big too. The only reason I have a VCR is so I can play PS2 (my tv doesnt have the a/v imputs) And remeber looks are a opinion :wink: I think the black GC looks better than both the PS2 and Xbox. The PS2 looks like a amplifier or something and the Xbox just looks like a big box with a X on top. And size did matter for me till about a month ago. That is when I got a new desk to put my TV on. There would have been no way to fit a VCR, PS2, 13 PS2 games, a Sega and its games, N64 and its games, a satellite box, and a Xbox and its games (if I had one) on that old shelf I had. Also a Xbox would take more space than our PS2 when traveling in a short Dodge Caravan packed full of stuff and 4 people.

Anonymous
02-10-2004, 06:35 AM
[quote]

Where do you live people? In 1m*1m*1m cages or what??? :mrgreen:

Junkie
02-11-2004, 06:19 AM
well, as they said in godzilla, size DOES matter... :super:

jellybeard999
02-12-2004, 04:19 PM
no, i dont live in a cage, but why buy a huge box (of the X variety) instead of a smaller and IMO better box (PS2). You might as well build your pc inside the entire room for better air circulation, and have a 3m fan. Smaller is better if it functions equally.

Anonymous
02-12-2004, 04:35 PM
Hey, Xbox isnt THAT big. :|
Im happy with Xbox. :P And its PS2 arse kicking superiority. :mrgreen: :wink:

Beowulf
02-12-2004, 08:04 PM
Well.. my room is 3m by 5m (not a joke) and I have a 26inch T.V, an Xbox, PSX, N64, too many games for all, a huge stereo, bunkbeds, and all my other stuff (like 1 square meter of flor space).

Although on the topic of VCR's.. I've got my old (broken) 1982 Mitsubishi VCR under my bead.. and I wanna bet a Beta-Max because they're cool.

llakl
02-12-2004, 11:16 PM
3-Halo dosen't suck. It's awesome on XBox. It's just better on PC. It dosen't mean it sucks on XBox.

HALO i personally think is the best game in the world. As for your statement, i would have to agree and disagree.
-I agree only when you have a kick *** pc.
-i disagree for only one reason; price. When you ultamitly think about, if some someone wanted to buy halo and they already had an xbox than they would only have to pay 28 USD. On the other hand, a person who already has a pc and want halo for pc, then, in most cases, might have to buy a new video card or worse a whole new pc toget up to par with the xbox. that'll might cost up to a 110 USD.

lastly, ihave to say that with consoles you don't have to worry about your console going obselete for couple of years. Also, they cost less.

I am just try to make a point but don't get me wrong soem pc's are sweeter than consoles.

As for the game console, XBOX all the way. Main reasons; graphic and features. PS2's main selling point is its games.

PortuguesePilot
02-13-2004, 11:38 AM
PS2's main selling point is its games.

which is the only thing that really counts.

StYLeS
02-13-2004, 07:30 PM
Ok this is absolute rubbish how fussy people say Xbox is big. It is not big geez who cares if PS2 or GC is smaller. YOu wierdos want a calculator. Ok to give respect to others i say to those who love their respective console games "good for you". Xbox comes with small S controller pads when you buy it and I like them. I like the PS2 pads too but I don't own or want a PS2 when I have a PC as well. For those who say PS2 has heaps of good games well cop this opinion from me "I like and still play 30 games for XBox" Halo I have only played on Xbox and not PC so I don't like it still as there are way better shooters than this. Brute force is even better than it but still. Games I like on Xbox are GTR2, NFSU, NFSHP2, Sega GT racing, CMR4, Racing Evoluzione, MotoGP2, Burnout 2, Splinter Cell, Aliens vs Predator, Buffy2, LOTR Two Towers and The Return of the King, MK Deadly Alliance, Soul Calibur 2, Voodoo Vince, Kung Fu Chaos, Hunter Reckoning 2, Raw and Raw2, Tiger Woods 2004, Topspin, Fifa2004, Fifa World Cup 2002, Splashdown, AFL live 2004, NRL Rugby League, Monopoly Party(Family), Hulk, Starwars KOTOR and some others I can't remember from while back. Best to try both worlds. I have and I have made the right decision for myself. Good luck in choice of console all and have fun in playing.

Venom
02-13-2004, 07:38 PM
PS2's main selling point is its games.

which is the only thing that really counts.
Indeed
Gran Tursmo 3 (and soon 4) is currently the best racing simulation out on consolses. GT3 is the main reasont I wanted a PS2. Then I found out about some other great games for it like Ace Combat 4 and Tokyo Xtreme Racer Zero and 3. :P

Anonymous
03-20-2004, 07:23 PM
I HAVE A PS2

AND I HAVE 3 GAMES
WINNING ELEVEN 6
BLOODY ROAR 4 :D :) :mrgreen: :super: :dopey: :P
LORD OF THE RINGS THE RETURN OF THE KING :| :wink:

Fenomeno
03-27-2004, 12:40 PM
Now i play with my uncle a PS2 and liked it o much, i ill buy one when i can. :super:

Eirik
03-27-2004, 03:27 PM
I only have PSONE :eyes: with NFS1, NFS2 (not the SE versions) NFS4 and some other f****** bad racing games.

But if I could choose I would go for PS2 or XBOX.

PS2 because almost all the games at PS2 are also on PC and it has DVD player.

XBOX because I dont need memory cards, it has a harddrive.

-David-
03-27-2004, 03:43 PM
some ppl say that x box have a better graphis then the ps2
the ps 2 have 64 or 82 mb viedo card i forgot which one is right :mrgreen:

did any one know the number of mb in an x box viedo card?

Jimmy
03-27-2004, 04:28 PM
some ppl say that x box have a better graphis then the ps2
the ps 2 have 64 or 82 mb viedo card i forgot which one is right :mrgreen:

did any one know the number of mb in an x box viedo card?
Both are wrong...believe it or not, it's 4mb.
I think Xbox has 32mb VRAM.

Fenomeno
03-27-2004, 07:31 PM
Yes 4mb is the video card for PS2 :eek: !!!

Anonymous
03-30-2004, 04:36 PM
Whoa, i like PS2, the PS2 NFS HP2 version is better than the PC version...

The BEST PS2 Games are NFS HP2 and Ace Combat 04!!! :super: