View Full Version : New Track Editing Forum !

Viper
04-11-2004, 01:47 PM
Ok, I'll keep it simple- If you have track related issues, problems, ideas, projects, etc......Post them here !

Anonymous
04-11-2004, 01:50 PM
does anyone know where I can get Vertigo Ridge for NFSHS? or can someone convert it for me? thanks

Jimmy
04-11-2004, 01:54 PM
Sweet! :twisted: BTW I think someone should take off guest posting.

handd2001
04-11-2004, 01:54 PM
sorry that was me asking that, for some reason it dint have me log on, thats weird 8)

Remko
04-11-2004, 02:53 PM
does anyone know where I can get Vertigo Ridge for NFSHS? or can someone convert it for me? thanks

Bingo: http://nfssd.daddeltreff.de/filese.php?game=4&cat=4&page=9

handd2001
04-11-2004, 03:00 PM
thanx a bunch :super:

Remko
04-11-2004, 03:06 PM
I forgot - check the attachment that I posted in this thread: http://www.nfscars.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=11054 for the new replay camera's for this track. ;)

Beowulf
04-11-2004, 04:38 PM
Man.. I went through my usual routine and when I went to click on the usual Editing Projects section.. it took me here. I must say I was shocked!

Good idea though. I hope it gets plenty of use.

2FAST4U
04-11-2004, 05:13 PM
I've been waiting for a forum like this :super: .

Anyways, I just wanted to ask how I can start a track from scratch in T3ED because when I edit tracks, T3ED distorts the textures and will sometimes make invisible walls.

Viper
04-11-2004, 05:31 PM
I've been waiting for a forum like this :super: .

Anyways, I just wanted to ask how I can start a track from scratch in T3ED because when I edit tracks, T3ED distorts the textures and will sometimes make invisible walls. You cannot make a scratch-made track using T3Ed...you need to take an existing track and modify it's shape, etc..

As far as the invisible walls go, you need need to set T3ED to Polygon Mode (Ctrl+F5, select the polygon where the wall is, set the particular Polygon Flags to (Edit Tools/Polygon Flags or Ctrl + Enter) one of the 16 selectable flags which includes "Passable".

Also make sure that the two boxes on the left pop-up menu are unchecked.

2FAST4U
04-11-2004, 05:38 PM
Thanks a lot; now I dont feel so dumb :) . I wonder if nfscars will get a sister site....nfstracks anyone? Just kidding.

Viper
04-11-2004, 05:40 PM
Thanks a lot; now I dont feel so dumb :) . I wonder if nfscars will get a sister site....nfstracks anyone? Just kidding.Well, we may include Tracks in the new site...all reamins to be seen as Sander is busy writing the script for the new version of it- let's keep out fingers crossed :wink:

newton
04-12-2004, 02:54 PM
Man.. I went through my usual routine and when I went to click on the usual Editing Projects section.. it took me here. I must say I was shocked!

Good idea though. I hope it gets plenty of use.

LOL, same here. I thought one of admins decided to wipe out 95% of the car project threads or something. :P

04-12-2004, 04:05 PM
Viper Jay 5, dude, nice move with the new forum. Do you fancy moving my entire 'Atlantica' thread over from the 'general' forum? :wink:

Also, to everyone else.......go to nd4spdworld.com and find Sergi's T3ed tutorial. I don't doubt that it'll sufficiently answer all your questions about the editor....the guy knows his stuf.

Go here http://www.nd4spdworld.com/?section=track&v=4&s=info&id=373 to check out my new Atlantica track! enjoy :super:

Viper
04-12-2004, 04:45 PM
Viper Jay 5, dude, nice move with the new forum. Do you fancy moving my entire 'Atlantica' thread over from the 'general' forum? :wink:

Also, to everyone else.......go to nd4spdworld.com and find Sergi's T3ed tutorial. I don't doubt that it'll sufficiently answer all your questions about the editor....the guy knows his stuf.

Go here http://www.nd4spdworld.com/?section=track&v=4&s=info&id=373 to check out my new Atlantica track! enjoy :super:Thanks, 962--- DJC beat me to moving your topic , though :super:

04-12-2004, 04:57 PM
Thanks guys!

Viper Jay 5, I was just checkin out your sig....what's the rifle the sniper is holding in your sig picture?

I'm guessing it's a .308, judging by your text....that's a winchester round?

I wrote a tutorial for some of the features of T3ed.....namely, the process of building new driveable track areas/new routes. I uploaded it at nd4spdworld but it hasn't appeared. is it okay to upload it here as a utility?

DJC
04-12-2004, 05:00 PM
I wrote a tutorial for some of the features of T3ed.....namely, the process of building new driveable track areas/new routes. I uploaded it at nd4spdworld but it hasn't appeared. is it okay to upload it here as a utility?

Rather post it up here as a topic, since the Tools section of the site is down coz it was hassling here and there.

:super:

Viper
04-12-2004, 05:06 PM
Thanks guys!

Viper Jay 5, I was just checkin out your sig....what's the rifle the sniper is holding in your sig picture?

I'm guessing it's a .308, judging by your text....that's a winchester round?

I wrote a tutorial for some of the features of T3ed.....namely, the process of building new driveable track areas/new routes. I uploaded it at nd4spdworld but it hasn't appeared. is it okay to upload it here as a utility?Unfortunately, our tools section is down...but, you can place a link to it and once out tools section is up I'm sure we can accomaodate it :mrgreen:

As far as the weapon, I've played with many "toys" before; HK PSG 1, SIGSAUER M550, BARRET M82 A1,M40A1-2, etc.- Most often, though with the M24 SWS and variations of it as well (based on the Remington 700 action)- the one in the pic is a supposed altered model of it to accomodate a replaceable plastic "cap" silencer ( like the Beretta Military M9 given to certain officers and pilots) and the rounds used were 7.62x51mm NATO (.308 win). I can't recall which model starlight scope that happens to be though :scratch:

Murcielagos
04-13-2004, 05:05 AM
a track section would be great, but we would need tracks to put in it, and even then, i doubht tracks will ever have as much succes as cars,although they are as important

Laury
04-13-2004, 06:13 AM
Good idea...

Viper
04-13-2004, 11:25 AM
a track section would be great, but we would need tracks to put in it, and even then, i doubht tracks will ever have as much succes as cars,although they are as importantThat's what the NFSCars feature request topic on the front page is for - besides...it's already been mentioned many times.

04-13-2004, 12:54 PM
hehe, Viper Jay 5

all I can say is AWM50. I want one. Failing that, a normal Enfield L96A1 would be sufficient. Oh, and a Baretta 92fs as a sidearm, with a silencer for those quieter moments!

ehem. 8O

for the record, it has been suggested that I post my tutorial as a topic but I can't do that.....it's way too big. and there's 20 jpg's with it! :?

Viper
04-13-2004, 01:02 PM
hehe, Viper Jay 5

all I can say is AWM50. I want one. Failing that, a normal Enfield L96A1 would be sufficient. Oh, and a Baretta 92fs as a sidearm, with a silencer for those quieter moments!

ehem. 8O

for the record, it has been suggested that I post my tutorial as a topic but I can't do that.....it's way too big. and there's 20 jpg's with it! :?
Part 1= :lol: Gonna shoot at some oil drums, perhaps ? Accuracy International, eh....:wink: nice
Part 2= 8O Try Zipping the Jpegs and tutorial, uploading it as a tutorila at www.nd4spdworld.com and simply giving the link for it here.

04-14-2004, 05:05 AM
yeah I tried it at nd4spdworld, twice, and it didn't get put up yet.

I'll see if I can sort it out this evening :dopey:

TopSpeed3002
04-17-2004, 02:54 PM
i NEED SOME ONE TO BUILD A STRIGHT TRCK FOR ME PLZ CAZ I DONT KNOW HOW TO MAKE A TRACK OR THE SITE TO GET THE SOFTWARE THAT IT TAKE TO MAKE ONE??????? :eyes: :eyes: :eyes:

Anonymous
04-17-2004, 03:07 PM
Please do not post in caps...it it very rude and impolite. :angry:

And Please change ur rank under ur signature cus u are not supposed to SWEAR or CURSE in the forums plz...there are Kid members also so RESPECT THEM AND ALSO THE STAFF OF THE NFS FORUMS!!! :angry:

Viper
04-17-2004, 04:28 PM
i NEED SOME ONE TO BUILD A STRIGHT TRCK FOR ME PLZ CAZ I DONT KNOW HOW TO MAKE A TRACK OR THE SITE TO GET THE SOFTWARE THAT IT TAKE TO MAKE ONE??????? :eyes: :eyes: :eyes:Post your Track Requests HERE (http://www.nfscars.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=215296#215296) and stop using CAPS to type with !

05-09-2004, 03:32 AM
Hey people!

I checked ND4SPDworld and my T3ed tutorial is up and available!

it's a 20-step tutorial on making new driveable routes in NFS3/NFS4.

go get it right here http://www.nd4spdworld.com/?section=util&v=4&s=info&id=231 :super:

Viper
05-09-2004, 11:33 AM
Hey people!

I checked ND4SPDworld and my T3ed tutorial is up and available!

it's a 20-step tutorial on making new driveable routes in NFS3/NFS4.

go get it right here http://www.nd4spdworld.com/?section=util&v=4&s=info&id=231 :super:That's great, 962...I've downloaded it and will check it out later...glad to see some people still have time to write tutorials :mrgreen:

TwIzTiD
05-09-2004, 11:57 AM
962 - You should post it here in the Tutorials and FAQ Section, that is, if it is possible... :scratch:

Viper
05-09-2004, 12:02 PM
962 - You should post it here in the Tutorials and FAQ Section, that is, if it is possible... :scratch:I'll add the link to the CEntralized Information Links under "Track Editing".

05-11-2004, 12:51 PM
Jay,

cheers, posting the link is best cause I no longer have the tutorial! I'm so **** pleased I uploaded it and Atlantica when I did, cause a couple of weeks ago my PC died and I had to format both hard drives, so I lost everything!

That also means the race-track I'd started working on is gone, and I can't be bothered to do all that again.

laters :super:

Viper
05-11-2004, 01:20 PM
Jay,

cheers, posting the link is best cause I no longer have the tutorial! I'm so **** pleased I uploaded it and Atlantica when I did, cause a couple of weeks ago my PC died and I had to format both hard drives, so I lost everything!

That also means the race-track I'd started working on is gone, and I can't be bothered to do all that again.

laters :super:Sorry to hear that...I think we all knowhow devastating and frustrating it is to lose vital projects to PC foul-up's. Hope to see more of your work in time :super:

Eirik
05-12-2004, 02:34 AM
Jay,

laters :super:

I`m sorry to hear that Simon. :cry: I was also started on a new version of Atlantica when a Virus took it all. :cry: But I`ve started on it again and will maybe upload it today. :super:

Rally Master
05-16-2004, 10:57 PM
nooooooo...must have 962's race track for LM Mod...and some real tracks for LM Mod...anyone wanna help? :super:

Viper
05-16-2004, 11:00 PM
nooooooo...must have 962's race track for LM Mod...and some real tracks for LM Mod...anyone wanna help? :super:
Wish I could help you, Doug...but- I'e got my hands tied up with all the Car conversions and other site stuff :? Hopefully, someone will surely show up :)

Eirik
05-17-2004, 02:52 AM

Just contact me on some kind of way and I`ll see what I can do. :super:

Rally Master
05-17-2004, 07:40 AM
that's great

I'll need American Le Mans Series, European Le Mans Series and Le Mans Endurance Series tracks
I'll post a list soon

Rally Master
06-14-2004, 09:24 AM
La Sarthe
Sebring International Speedway
Road Atlanta Motor Sports Center
Infineon Raceway
Circuit de Trois-Rivieres
Mosport International Raceway
Road America
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
Monza