Go Back   NFSCars Forums > Killua

Conversation Between Killua and 2-Edge
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 28
  1. Killua
    07-18-2011
    Killua
    Yup, indeed it is.

I just hope to have enough money saved up by the end of this year...
  2. 2-Edge
    07-18-2011
    2-Edge
    Nostalgia is pretty valuable.
  3. Killua
    07-18-2011
    Killua
    I have thought about it many times, but I think I won't get rid of this car (at least for a good while). You see, even though this car is old and weak it still has sentimental value for me. I remember riding in this car many times when I was a kid, and I really miss the sound it made and the overall feeling of it. Also, I do know how the car has been treated for the last 15 years or so, so I pretty much know the whole history of the car. And finally, these cars were very popular like 30 years ago, and while you don't see them often nowadays, the replacement parts are very, very cheap (not to mention that the mechanics of it are as simple as it gets).

In the future I would like to buy another car and keep this one in the family, because you never know if it's going to cost a good amount of money anyway...
  4. 2-Edge
    07-18-2011
    2-Edge
    You sure buying a new car isn't easier and cheaper?
  5. Killua
    07-17-2011
    Killua
    A lot less than your Civic, that's for sure. The last time the engined idled for a long period of time was in November 2007 (Pretty close to the date I posted that). We tried to start the engine in May 2009, but the noisy thing fired only for a few seconds.

The main problem is the ignition coil, then, the carburetor is jammed (I don't know HOW THE HELL did that happen). But even if it ran, I would rebuild the engine anyway. When my dad used it years ago he often had to pour oil in it, which means old piston rings or valve seals, whatever.
  6. 2-Edge
    07-17-2011
    2-Edge
    Wonder how many horsies it has left...
  7. Killua
    07-17-2011
    Killua
    Indeed it is. It's also pretty light, I would say around 700 kilos. That certainly helps when the engine only made 40 HP from the factory.
  8. 2-Edge
    07-17-2011
    2-Edge
    It's quite small, right?
  9. Killua
    07-16-2011
    Killua
    1975 Fiat 600 R. Designed in Italy, built in Argentina. Not the best mix.

I posted some pictures a long time ago, here's the post. There is incorrect information there, though.

As of now, the car has more rust... but other than that, not too much has changed.
  10. 2-Edge
    07-16-2011
    2-Edge
    What Fiat it is?