Go Back   NFSCars Forums > NFS Forums > General NFS Discussion (1994-2006) > NFS: Hot Pursuit 2

NFS: Hot Pursuit 2 General Discussion of Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2 (NFS6)

Old 03-25-2012   #1
BadHairDay
I need NOS

Default AI cars never get caught

I've played loads of hours of NFS: Hot Pursuit 2 (PC) and I've never seen an AI driver get caught by the cops. I've even tried to help the cops catch them but even when they should have been able to arrest them, they just let them go
This was really dissapointing, I missed that feauture from High Stakes, in which you could outrun your rival while he was getting a ticket

So my questions are:
-Have you ever seen an AI driver get caught in Hot Pursuit 2 (PC version)?
-Does it happen in the PS2 version of the game?
-Do you know of a way to mod the game to allow cops catch the AI drivers?
Thanks

Last edited by BadHairDay; 08-12-2012 at 12:40 PM..
BadHairDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012   #2
SLZ Roadstar
Most Wanted V.I.P.

Send a message via MSN to SLZ Roadstar Send a message via Yahoo to SLZ Roadstar Send a message via Skype™ to SLZ Roadstar

I have never seen AI driver getting caught by cops in NFS:HP2. I would have loved that feature.
Old 03-25-2012   #3
EvilSonic151

This happens in the Hot Pursuit 2010 as well

Last edited by EvilSonic151; 03-25-2012 at 02:11 PM..
EvilSonic151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012   #4
Veloster
Tekken Lord

In PC version,your rival will never be stopped by spikes stripes or get busted. But in PS2 it's possible,in duels or with 3 opponents.
Veloster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012   #5
BadHairDay
I need NOS

Alright, thanks!! the PC version is painfully inferior in so many ways I got the game after playing a lot of Need For Speed: High Stakes, so I was quite disappointed, but meh, the chases are still quite enjoyable.
Old 06-25-2012   #6
jhg
clear pixel wth no shader

AI pay cops...
jhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012   #7
MustangRacer

The majority of people say that the PC verison is fair inferior to the ps2 verison...ive had BOTH...and i really think the pc verison is 100 times better then the ps2 verison! Firstly, the collision detection in the ps2 verison is dismal..you cant spin out the cops/AI drivers..u cant flip over, and the crashes are boring as hell...the PC verison remedies this perfectly and makes the game a loads of fun....also in hot pursuit mode you only have 1 chance to get away and if you dont, your arrested....makes the game that much more fun and challenging.....

i honestly think the PS2 verison sucks compared to the PC verison..but hey to each his own opinions.....
MustangRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012   #8
BadHairDay
I need NOS

I haven't played the PS2 version, but I've seen some videos and it has a lot of stuff that I would have wanted for the PC version. Like different driver skins, better replays, the Outback track, weather conditions, the tickets thing instead of just being busted (and AI getting busted too) and a different "be the cop" mode in which you raid the whole race instead of just seeing one racer at a time to chase him (I'm not sure if it's like this, correct me if I'm wrong ). I don't know about how the cars drive in the PS2 version though, but I would have loved to have those other features in the PC version.
But anyway, I can't deny that I've played the PC version A LOT and it's really addictive even if it's so limited, so it's definetely a great game (and there's quite a lot of stuff to mod)
Old 08-16-2012   #9
NN7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadHairDay View Post
But anyway, I can't deny that I've played the PC version A LOT and it's really addictive even if it's so limited, so it's definetely a great game (and there's quite a lot of stuff to mod)

I never saw a cop busting an AI driver but yesterday I heard them in the radio saying they caught the "suspect" in the middle of a race, and it wasn't me for sure lol
NN7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012   #10
bman

Quote:
Originally Posted by NN7 View Post
I never saw a cop busting an AI driver but yesterday I heard them in the radio saying they caught the "suspect" in the middle of a race, and it wasn't me for sure lol
I've heard it too. IIRC, it happens quite a bit if you make yourself have a really fast car, the AIs all an Elise, and the cops on of course.
bman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012   #11
BadHairDay
I need NOS

Yes, I think when that happens it's because the AI cops have cornered the AI racer. And then the racer respawns and keeps racing, and the cops say something like "I'm done here" ( "code 4" I think).
I tried racing with a Mclaren vs an Elise and helped the Lamborghini police catch him we stopped him and then the cop let him respawn and go away

Last edited by BadHairDay; 08-19-2012 at 08:30 AM..
Old 08-19-2012   #12
jrbois
THIS SITE IS A VIRUS :V

@nn7 Yes, that's happened to me multiple times. It's almost like NFS4 for them, because it says, as BadHairDay quotes, "I'm Code 4." Then, the AI continue racing. It might be possible that, like in NFS4, if they get caught, say, 5 times, they might actually get busted. Even then, it's unfair, but getting busted isn't easy in NFS6 for me, so it doesn't matter .

As far as I know, though, there's not possible way to mod the game. If anything, it would be somewhere in the AI folder, but there isn't anything that I remember.
jrbois is offline   Reply With Quote