Go Back   NFSCars Forums > Offtopic Forums > General 3D Modelling

General 3D Modelling Everything not related to need for speed or car modelling belongs in here.

Old 04-21-2012   #1
jpaang

Default Rim Modeling in 3dsmax

I'm currently modeling/modifying a Chevrolet El Camino SS mesh, I want it to look like "Puppet" (modded El Camino in The Run. I am having trouble with the rims, I can model a car not the rims, I don't know how. Can someone grab a good tutorial on modeling a rim like this? It would be well appreciated!

jpaang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012   #2
Reptillian
Fly by the darkness.

Send a message via AIM to Reptillian Send a message via MSN to Reptillian Send a message via Yahoo to Reptillian

You don't need to know a 3d max tutorial to do this. Since you learned the interface of 3d max, you should be able to find similar tools for 3d max and be able to follow other tutorials. My advice is to use multiple objects and then use it as a reference mesh for retopology purpose. There's a plugin which allows you to retopologize mesh in 3d max. Also you should split the rim in according to how much nails and the spokes there are. Find the Least Common Multiple of the spokes, nails... Use any shape that has a radial properties by the way. Split them by X or Y where X or Y is equal to number of spokes or nails and multiple them by 360/X or Y... The 360/X or Y shall be used as a determinator of where you should select. Contact me via MSN if you need help with this.

Last edited by Reptillian; 04-22-2012 at 07:44 AM..
Reptillian is offline   Reply With Quote