Go Back   NFSCars Forums > Need For Speed Editing Section > Car Editing Discussion

Car Editing Discussion Discuss everything related to NFS Car Editing

Old 12-30-2006   #41
Villain

Ok, here is the pic of my failed BMW M3. Also, I'd need to know, how to create game capable so, that it let's user to choose spoiler and bodykit, for example?

EDIT: I also need to know how to remake or do new textures to MW. My Photoshop crashes when I use the same one as I use in vinyls. If you want my .z3d, tell me your MSN and I'll send it.
Villain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007   #42
Villain

Ok, I got that BMWs tires from my last post fixed, but now I have few more problems and I need answers to these as soon as possible. Doesn't matter are you Arushan or someone else who has made car(s) for MW, just that matters that you can help me with these:

1. I'd like to make a TEXTURES.BIN. For some reason MWTC does only 2 Kb's sixed TEXTURES.BIN and doesn't include .dds's for it. How should I do this.
-> What I need is a same TEXTURES.BIN like BMW M3 has. I want people to be able to customize my M3.

2. Everytime when I enter like SL65 in MWGCs X-name, the program throws out an error and I can't replace other car than SL65. What to do and answer by giving step-by-step answer, if you have string what I have to put in, please tell me it.

3. How do I make my M3 be capable of having spoiler like Nissan Skyline GT-R mod-makers made? I can't find a way to do this, so step-by-step, again.

4. Same as #3, but this time I want to know how to make M3 capable of having fully customed performance, vinyls, decals and paints.

5. Same as #3 and #4, but now I need to know how to exchange sound to my car? I don't like so much that Ferraris sound on M3. Plus when I exchange engine sound, does Police-detect-central sound exchange too, like "suspect is driving white BMW"? If not, how to do this by step-by-step.

Thank you for your huge help, I'll put your name to readme.txt's credits.

FM2
Old 01-01-2007   #43
SLP Firehawk
Boost Junkie

Send a message via AIM to SLP Firehawk

intresting.. nice to see the release of these fine tools

out of curiousity, before i open the tools and try them myself, is car performance modifcations availible yet? I have a beatiful 300SLR Gullwing ready to go in, but obviously its performance is not as stong as the SL65

F-Body Faction: Quality NFS Muscle Since 2002
SLP Firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007   #44
arushan
Reverse Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finalmaster2 View Post
1. I'd like to make a TEXTURES.BIN. For some reason MWTC does only 2 Kb's sixed TEXTURES.BIN and doesn't include .dds's for it. How should I do this.
-> What I need is a same TEXTURES.BIN like BMW M3 has. I want people to be able to customize my M3.
Have a look at texdefn.txt.. it should be quite obvious from that how to make your own texture.bin.

Quote:
2. Everytime when I enter like SL65 in MWGCs X-name, the program throws out an error and I can't replace other car than SL65. What to do and answer by giving step-by-step answer, if you have string what I have to put in, please tell me it.
Open build.bat with notepad and see how mwgc is executed. I haven't done much testing on it using the interactive mode (not even sure why I left in in there). You should just make a similar build.bat and execute it to generate your files. Don't run mwgc.exe directly.

Quote:
3. How do I make my M3 be capable of having spoiler like Nissan Skyline GT-R mod-makers made? I can't find a way to do this, so step-by-step, again.
Use geomviewer (bin\geomviewer\geomviewer.exe) and view some of EA's existing models... that should help you understand the part names/materials/mountpoints (dummies).

Quote:
4]. Same as #3, but this time I want to know how to make M3 capable of having fully customed performance, vinyls, decals and paints.
Performance needs to be edited by editing the attributes.mwps file (its a text file, open it with notepad). You need to find offsets to patch by using "vltedit"... if you're going to replace the sl65, you don't need to find new offsets as I've done that for you -- you only need to modify the performance values as commented in that file.

To use vltedit, copy attributes.bin, fe_attrib.bin, and gameplay.bin from your MW directory to bin\vltedit. Run "unpackall.bat"... then run vltedit, open "db.vlt" and try navigating around.

for Vinyls... materials, textures need to be made as per the spec: http://mwspecial.pbwiki.com/ArtTextures

Decals are done by parts.. again, use geomviewer to analyze existing EA models.

Paints... body material/shader needs to be set... http://mwspecial.pbwiki.com/ArtShaders

Quote:
4]5. Same as #3 and #4, but now I need to know how to exchange sound to my car? I don't like so much that Ferraris sound on M3. Plus when I exchange engine sound, does Police-detect-central sound exchange too, like "suspect is driving white BMW"? If not, how to do this by step-by-step.
Attributes.mwps... For cop speech... CSIS value. Set it to the value used for a BMW car. Engine sounds... you need to use a hash of the name of the engine sound which can be found in vltedit again under the enginesounds (or something similarly named). For example, for the 360, the engine sound name according to vltedit is "ferr360".. so in vltedit's console, I would type in "hash ferr360".. it'll give me a value which is what is used in attributes.mwps.

-----

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLP Firehawk View Post
intresting.. nice to see the release of these fine tools

out of curiousity, before i open the tools and try them myself, is car performance modifcations availible yet? I have a beatiful 300SLR Gullwing ready to go in, but obviously its performance is not as stong as the SL65
attrubutes.mwps, vltedit..

Last edited by arushan; 01-01-2007 at 08:35 PM.
arushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007   #45
CVPI19
NFSCars Staff

Send a message via ICQ to CVPI19 Send a message via AIM to CVPI19 Send a message via MSN to CVPI19 Send a message via Yahoo to CVPI19

I have some questions to ask about these tools like what about making new police cars to replace the exisiting because my pals at Police Garage are itching to do so and will these tools work on Need For Speed Underground and Underground 2 cars or no because I remember you were working on a z-mod filter for Need For Speed Underground a while back.

NFSCars Super Moderator

http://www.nfscars.net

NFS Police H.Q. Admin
Deputy Chief of Police
http://nfspolicehq.com
CVPI19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007   #46
GT5
Pants On The Ground!

Awards Showcase
Silver Bronze Bronze 
Total Awards: 3

Send a message via AIM to GT5 Send a message via MSN to GT5 Send a message via Yahoo to GT5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisR View Post
@dato
the skyline and the hummer arent made by me,its RadBladeGTS' work,so you have to ask him or diabol
Iam working on a Ferrari Enzo but i dont know how to paint the 3d model with the uv mapper.
greeds ChrisR
i quit my Enzo project..as well as my ME Four Twelve project..i might start back on it though.
GT5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #47
maheshrpm

Can you guys try to mod Mcleran F1 for nfsmw plz...............
maheshrpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #48
Villain

Ok, I'm getting my car almost ready, but I have few more questions left:

- How do I know, which value is for BMW when looking in VLTEdit? There is so many but I'd need to know which one is the one for BMW M3 GTR's engine sound and which one is for M3 GTR's cop-radio.

- Is there some way to know how MISC.DDS should be made for car? Like preview, etc; 'cause DEBUG.DDS's aren't really helping in this.

- I use Zmodeler 2 and I have added hoods to my car so, that it has :

MAINSECTION
-- lower-section

I need both of those to make hood working, but when I export .z3d to old-.z3d, that hood removes MAINSECTION and leaves lower-section. Is there a way to keep list same as .z3d, 'cause this is happening also when I'm trying to make my car capable of having spoiler-area?

- I edited BUILT.BAT so, that X-name was instead of SL65 BMWM3GTR and it worked for few seconds. When I went back to the Customitation Shop and chose Body kits, the car looked again the original one and SL65 still looked as the one that I had done. So what all should I actually axchange in .BAT?

FM2

Last edited by Villain; 01-03-2007 at 06:45 PM.
Old 01-04-2007   #49
Speedzta
Speedzta

Diabol'89 your ferrari f430 link wont work..well it does but where do i download the file from???
Speedzta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007   #50
Villain

That link works on Internet Explorer browser. If you use Opera, then it redirects you to other page. Use IE for it.
Old 01-08-2007   #51
BEEFKING69

Send a message via MSN to BEEFKING69

can i edit the max performance of cars with these tools and edit how much performance the junkman parts add? i know u said that these tools werent really made for editing cars already in the game but thats a not really not a no they cant. if i can tho can u help me in doing so? thx
BEEFKING69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007   #52
Villain

If you replace like Pontiac GTO with your car, then you can performance-customize your vehicle. I think that you can also unlock that tuning via VLT-edit, but I have no idea how. Arushan might know. Also, if you replace GTO with like Ferrari F1, the car doesn't always work. This happened to me. I replaced BMW M3 with Pontiac GTO, didn't work, body was seen. Changed to BMW M3 GTR Street as replaceble, worked 100 %, also in SL65.
Old 01-08-2007   #53
gene7

i read the readme file, i followed step 1 and 2 correctly, but on step 3 i get confused.

Am I supposed edit all of the .DDS files? because i edited the tires one, I dont know how to edit the Misc.

Next, on Step 4: What do you mean by that? I want to put the 350z in the game, so I need help with editing those files too.

And thats about it, if i have any other questions Ill let you know if its not a problem with you.
thanks
gene7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007   #54
McLaren_3Dcm
I'm getting old...

Hi 2 all
First of all THANKS TO Arushan for his tools!!!
I had converted MASERATI MC12 Corsa from GTR2 but I have serious problem with wheels.The base wheels of the car aren't viseble at all, but when i put MW's wheels it's can be viseble.
What I did wrong and how I can fix it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	speed 2007-01-12 16-42-56-59.JPG
Views:	649
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	8295   Click image for larger version

Name:	speed 2007-01-12 18-42-13-01.JPG
Views:	685
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	8296  

Last edited by McLaren_3Dcm; 01-12-2007 at 12:52 PM.
McLaren_3Dcm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007   #55
dato

Send a message via MSN to dato

@Mclaren 3Dcm
have u done a texture for the wheels?
dato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007   #56
McLaren_3Dcm
I'm getting old...

Of cousre I had!!!!!
I think them just positioned uncorrect.

As I sad with tuned wheels it looks OK

Last edited by McLaren_3Dcm; 01-13-2007 at 02:12 PM.
Old 01-13-2007   #57
Villain

Wow, that is a wonderful car, nice job mate! Btw, if you want to make it customized from spoiler and roof scoop, do these:

SPOILER

- create cube and rename it as #SPOILER
-- move it as you want to, but I recommend to put it to the center-rear, where spoilers normally are

ROOF SCOOPS

- create a cube and rename it as #ROOF_SCOOP
-- move it as you want to, but the best position (imo) is the center of the roof

If you want separeta spoiler as stock spoiler, then you have to edit the matlist360.txt/xlink360.txt and it is hard. Anyways, nice car. Which car is it, Ferrari?
Old 01-13-2007   #58
HSVrules
Bye Now :D

It's a Maserati MC12

HSVrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007   #59
jstrok7
Classic Rock = The Best

Send a message via ICQ to jstrok7 Send a message via MSN to jstrok7 Send a message via Skype™ to jstrok7

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVrules View Post
It's a Maserati MC12
And It's very nice, one of my favourite cars of all time !
Awsome job McLaren_3Dcm... hmm, maybe someone could help you with puting Maserati logo instead of Ferrari 360 Modena (If you don't plan It alredy) .

The End Of The World passed us on : 6.6.2006. 06:06 AM

TX Pro
Please join us at tx pro team WR2 forums .
jstrok7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007   #60
HSVrules

Thats what I pmed him about, so i could help with the logos

Old 01-14-2007   #61
FreelancerMar

@dato

For your skyline might I suggest that you replace the Audi A4 insted of the SL65. The Audi A4 is a AWD vehicle and it is not a boss(Blacklist)car so it won't mess up the game. it also won't messup arushan's beautifully converted f360 either.
FreelancerMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007   #62
McLaren_3Dcm
I'm getting old...

About car logos I olready replaced them, but I dont have good texture for SECONDARYLOGO if someone can find it, it would be great.

And how can I fix car wheels?the base car wheels are still can't be seen in game, where I should place them in z3d file so them will work in game???

PS This Maserati will be for NFS HS also, soon

Last edited by McLaren_3Dcm; 01-15-2007 at 01:01 AM.
Old 01-15-2007   #63
HSVrules

Lol, for NFS HS, that's rich. I'll stick with Reilsss MC12. No offense

Old 01-17-2007   #64
dato

@ Mclaren 3dcm
how do u make the car logos
i got in trouble with my skyline logo and i need help trying to replace it
also i want to do a silvia logo aswell
Old 01-17-2007   #65
McLaren_3Dcm
I'm getting old...

Just open them with bintex and replace the textures (SECONDARYLOGO and manufacturer logo in FRONTEND\MANUFACTURERS folder)
I did so.

Last edited by McLaren_3Dcm; 01-17-2007 at 05:27 AM.
Old 01-17-2007   #66
dato

no i mean how did u make the dds file i tryed to make one but u could only see a rectangle with the middle part of the nissan badge. the rectangle was the same shape as the ferrari badge.
Old 01-17-2007   #67
McLaren_3Dcm
I'm getting old...

what dds format you used? it must be DXT3. with alpha chanell
PS dont you know where can I fing good photos to make SECONDARYLOGO

Last edited by McLaren_3Dcm; 01-17-2007 at 05:40 AM.
Old 01-17-2007   #68
dato

ok i will try it cause when i opened my logo in bintex the nissan sign had a green box cutting it off. that must have been the alpha thingy.

anyway google thats were i found sum my logos and i got sum of my car textures aswell
Old 01-17-2007   #69
McLaren_3Dcm
I'm getting old...

Can someone explain me how change car name?
I tried to edit car.ini and build.bat but when I run build.bat it gives me an error.
Old 01-17-2007   #70
HSVrules

Just copy a car.ini from one of the other mods for MW and put it in yours, change the details as needed in it and it should work, send it to me, trust me, i'll get it working

Old 01-18-2007   #71
supra969

Send a message via MSN to supra969

Quote:
Originally Posted by f50ferr View Post
we dont give a shit actually all we care is how u got it into ur game caz the credits doesnt go to u for nuts all u did just rename somestuff and and build that geomitry of urs . so plzzz go showoff somewhere else !!!!caz it aint a place to show what car u got in the game but how u got it!!!!
wowowo edit1: you dont give a shit not we dont give a shit
eidt2: you need to know how he got it
edit3:you need to know
and it dosent look like shwoing off
Old 01-18-2007   #72
Jr22

Send a message via MSN to Jr22

can somone help me with making textures i read all the information but still needs some help im making trying to make a plymouth roadrunner i have made the i made the .mwr file and i tryed to make my own textures but they turn out like this in the game could someone give me some examples on how to make my own texture files. sorry about the huge image i really new to this

Last edited by Jr22; 01-18-2007 at 07:47 PM.
Jr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007   #73
dato

wat settings do u have to change so u can change the car colour in gloss and metalic

and jr22 did u assign ur texture to ur car
Old 01-19-2007   #74
Jr22

Send a message via MSN to Jr22

no how do you assign the textures, could you give me an example using an interior texture
Jr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007   #75
Villain

Serously, Arushan, how am I supposed to let my car have hoods? I made them as your site told (named as STYLE13_HOOD_A for example) and they do show up in Customizing Shop, when I'm customizing my car, but when ever I go to Free Roam, etc; the hoods disappear. So how should I name those to keep them on a car, or should I merge them to kit00_body_a, etc? Reply as soon as possible.
Old 01-26-2007   #76
Arcade

Here's my problem: I don't know what version of zmodeler to use to import a car from nfs underground 2, and save it to the mw file version. I have the 2.08 one, and when i import a car it just shows me the "don't send" message and it automaticly shots down. Another thing: How do I convert the .z3d file to .mwr?
Arcade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007   #77
Rio Grande

How can I find the "engine audio code" for the ATTRIBUTES.MWPS ?
Old 01-30-2007   #78
arushan
Reverse Engineer

in the vltedit console.. type in... "hash ferr360" (replace ferr360 with the engine sound name).. then press enter
arushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007   #79
HSVrules

Wow he finally replied

Old 02-02-2007   #80
dato

with the engine sound replacement wat if the car has 3 different engine sounds (cause of when u upgrade ur engine) wat do we do there.