Go Back   NFSCars Forums > NFS Forums > General NFS Discussion (1994-2006) > TNFS(SE) & NFS2(SE)

TNFS(SE) & NFS2(SE) General Discussion of Road and Track Presents The Need For Speed, and Need For Speed 2

Old 02-02-2012   #1
Hazard94

Default Lets play NFS 2 SE with Hamachi!

Hi all, I'm new in this forum. NFS 2 is for me the best Need for Speed ever and recently I could find the patch for playing in Multiplayer.

I was thinking if some of you would like to race this awesome game with Hamachi..

Network ID: NFS 2 SE Online
Network Pass: 12nfs12

It is case sensitive, so copythe id it exactly as it is there!

Here is the link for the network patch in case you dont have it: http://www.mediafire.com/?4p3uo6pjz206jx6

I hope you like the idea and join

Sorry for my english..

I also know how to fix many errors in XP, Vista and 7, so please ask me if you have any doubt.
Maybe later I upload this patch for the people that dont have it

Last edited by Hazard94; 02-04-2012 at 07:56 PM..
Hazard94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012   #2
yegor99

Nice to meet people like you. Altough there is no much people in this world care about hamachi. In result, you might go on the corner of a street with a huge poster in your hands and replicate this feeling. Perhaps couple persons will swallow this. If the next day, when you wake up early, nor feeling yourself a stranger, then probably it was a good idea.

How about NFS4 by the way?
Old 02-02-2012   #3
Jspeed836
Running at Sonicspeed!

I Love that game! Nice to meet someone else who shears that.
Old 02-02-2012   #4
Hazard94

Quote:
Originally Posted by yegor99 View Post
Nice to meet people like you. Altough there is no much people in this world care about hamachi. In result, you might go on the corner of a street with a huge poster in your hands and replicate this feeling. Perhaps couple persons will swallow this. If the next day, when you wake up early, nor feeling yourself a stranger, then probably it was a good idea.

How about NFS4 by the way?
Lol you're right in a way What would you suggest instead of using Hamachi?
I also thought of playing NFS 4 which I also like too much because I played it when I was a child (just the same as NFS 2) but I dont like the driving too much and there are plenty of mods and things. I prefer keeping things simple Anyways I'll try it but I wont feel the same as NFS 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspeed836 View Post
I Love that game! Nice to meet someone else who shears that.
That's good!! Then join the Hamachi network and lets play some knock outs And try to call as many people as you can!
Old 02-03-2012   #5
yegor99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard94 View Post
Lol you're right in a way What would you suggest instead of using Hamachi?
I also thought of playing NFS 4 which I also like too much because I played it when I was a child (just the same as NFS 2) but I dont like the driving too much and there are plenty of mods and things. I prefer keeping things simple Anyways I'll try it but I wont feel the same as NFS 2

That's good!! Then join the Hamachi network and lets play some knock outs And try to call as many people as you can!
NFS4 is simple game enough. Its all pinned into memories for each, each game.
Myself playing hamachi. No need to have a better way to play games as same as mass-multiplayer gaming. It is easy enough.
You need to find a ballance, and stay there. At least this is still Need For Speed game.

Anyway hope you are not 94 years old, I'll send a friend request to you. Visit NFScars sometimes, and I am sure something will happens In The Game
Old 02-03-2012   #6
KrazyBoy
Cazzo!

Send a message via MSN to KrazyBoy Send a message via Yahoo to KrazyBoy Send a message via Skype™ to KrazyBoy

I'd like it. But mine isn't SE version.

Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
KrazyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012   #7
darklocket

Default YES!!! I accept the NFS II SE challenge!

Finally, someone that wants to do a multiplayer race in NFS II SE. I have never raced multiplayer for this release, so I am really really looking forward to having some fun.

I am available all day long for the next few days before I start my new job this sunday feb 5th. Let me know what times you will be on, I will also launch Hamachi and keep a look out for you.

Also, if anyone wants to race any of the other NFS games let me know. I have them all working on my PC including the muscle car one that EA even to this day keeps locked up.

Sneaky-Darklocket-RS4MT

EDIT
I created the network in Hamachi for you and I will have my pc on standby waiting for connections.

Last edited by darklocket; 02-03-2012 at 05:09 AM..
darklocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012   #8
Hazard94

Quote:
Originally Posted by yegor99 View Post
NFS4 is simple game enough. Its all pinned into memories for each, each game.
Myself playing hamachi. No need to have a better way to play games as same as mass-multiplayer gaming. It is easy enough.
You need to find a ballance, and stay there. At least this is still Need For Speed game.

Anyway hope you are not 94 years old, I'll send a friend request to you. Visit NFScars sometimes, and I am sure something will happens In The Game
No im not 94 What I meant for simple is that I dont want to learn how to play another game xD I will try it later though, its also a good game

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyBoy View Post
I'd like it. But mine isn't SE version.
Maybe I can upload the CD? Or I shouldn't in these forums?

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklocket View Post
Finally, someone that wants to do a multiplayer race in NFS II SE. I have never raced multiplayer for this release, so I am really really looking forward to having some fun.

I am available all day long for the next few days before I start my new job this sunday feb 5th. Let me know what times you will be on, I will also launch Hamachi and keep a look out for you.

Also, if anyone wants to race any of the other NFS games let me know. I have them all working on my PC including the muscle car one that EA even to this day keeps locked up.

Sneaky-Darklocket-RS4MT

EDIT
I created the network in Hamachi for you and I will have my pc on standby waiting for connections.
Tomorrow from 13 pm I will be available. However, why did you create a network? I already have one, we are 3 in that network... It's in the first post
Old 02-03-2012   #9
darklocket

when I tired to join the network, it said there was none so I created it. Then I tried your network name again with the capital letters and it connected. I did not know that hamachi was case sensitive.

See you on the track.
Old 02-03-2012   #10
Mikeman101
Microsoft Fanboi

Looks interesting i already have NFS2SE so i may join

My soundcloud.

https://soundcloud.com/marigoldrock

My Band's YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPghwXNoo65KaARZtxDJm1g
Mikeman101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012   #11
Hazard94

Quote:
when I tired to join the network, it said there was none so I created it. Then I tried your network name again with the capital letters and it connected. I did not know that hamachi was case sensitive.

See you on the track.
Oh I'll edit the first post saying that the name must be exactly as what it is there. I didn't know that either...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeman101 View Post
Looks interesting i already have NFS2SE so i may join
That's good! I hope you all have the patch for playing in network.. If you don't have it I might upload it later..
Old 02-04-2012   #12
Mikeman101
Microsoft Fanboi

i don't think i have a patch

My soundcloud.

My Band's YouTube

Old 02-04-2012   #13
Hazard94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeman101 View Post
i don't think i have a patch
Now you do http://www.mediafire.com/?4p3uo6pjz206jx6
I edited the first post with the link also

I tried playing with darklocket but there was much lag but if I play with friends from my country it works perfectly... We'll have to see how to fix lag issues
Old 02-04-2012   #14
Mikeman101
Microsoft Fanboi

What country are you from?, i think ill get lots of lag

My soundcloud.

My Band's YouTube

Old 02-04-2012   #15
Hazard94

Im from Argentina, but you can try playing with darklocket and I think there isnt lag. But i have to see how to fix it
Old 02-04-2012   #16
Mikeman101
Microsoft Fanboi

Ok, if i play with you ill get serious lag, (im from Australia)

My soundcloud.

My Band's YouTube

Old 04-08-2012   #17
HazewinDog
Crashday fanatic

1. Hamachi network is full.
2. I cant seem to play with anyone using hamachi nor direct IP.

Network patch is installed and everything seems fine, but we cant connect to eachothers hosts. Can anyone help?
HazewinDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012   #18
darklocket

are you guys still racing this with multiplayer? I hope so last time we played, my stearing was really lagged, unplayable especially with quick steering cars.

But, now I have a new system that I built and was looking to get in a few losses, err I mean wins!

Ill have to load up hamachi on my new win 7 64bit system and look for you guys at
Old 05-09-2012   #19
Hazard94

Quote:
are you guys still racing this with multiplayer? I hope so last time we played, my stearing was really lagged, unplayable especially with quick steering cars.

But, now I have a new system that I built and was looking to get in a few losses, err I mean wins!

Ill have to load up hamachi on my new win 7 64bit system and look for you guys at
Actually I had to format my computer and lost Hamachi. Unfortunately, Hamachi now only support 5 members (the free one) so the network is full and I cannot re-enter it. However, unless we are near, we'll have plenty of lag, doesnt matter wether using Hamachi or not.. :/

I would love to play against other but it's impossible :S
Old 05-11-2012   #20
darklocket

we could create a 2nd NFS II SE room, or we could race some of the other classics?

argg, I still have been unable to get rid of the scratchy sound in win 7. In XP, I used the non-patched TCPIP version and that fixed the problem, but in this version, I used the 64 bit installer from www.replaying.de which uses the 1.1 as part of the install. I tried to replace the 1.1 file with the non-patched, but it wont run. The other trick I had was to disable sound acceration in directx, but it seems that option is no longer available in win 7. (their killing me!)

My wheel still works in the game, but now its not smooth stearing like in XP, plus now, I can not assign any of the shifters or buttons for manual shifting even with logitech profiler.

its slowly going down hill.
Old 05-11-2012   #21
HazewinDog
Crashday fanatic

^The only problem i have is the sound, but it isnt too bad. For the rest it runs perfectly I did reinstall windows by now though, so i'd have to reinstall things. I dont feel like playing it at the moment though, maybe in a few weeks. I got lots of stuff to do!
Old 05-14-2012   #22
Hazard94

It happens the same to me with my logitech wheel :/ Right now I have plenty of things to do so i have to leave now.. But we'll keep on touch and see if we figure out something
Old 05-15-2012   #23
Dark Stealth_Hunter
Another Porsche Freak

Send a message via MSN to Dark Stealth_Hunter Send a message via Skype™ to Dark Stealth_Hunter

I would love to play a few games with you to reminisce, but it won't work on my computer. .__.
Dark Stealth_Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012   #24
darklocket

I was able to finally get the original exe with glide to work, but still have the scratchy sound. Funny thing is once in awhile, it becomes crystal clear sound and is oh so nice. But then I think either a drum beat or some other deep sound plays, then it starts cracking again. I looked into disabling hardware sound acceleration in windows 7, but microsoft took that option out, as the way win 7 handles sound is different now. Soooo

I am currently in the process of building and using oracle virtual box to build a win ME system so I can play TNFS SE. Once I get TNFS working again, I will probably install NFS II SE on that, and see if it fixes the sound problem.

Will let you know.

P.S. The benefits of unemployment, long races in mornings, play Baldurs Gate with wife at night and during the day install siding on the house.
Old 05-20-2012   #25
HazewinDog
Crashday fanatic

^I didnt ever play TNFS, but when i wanted to try it out i ran it thru dosbox. Worked fine, but the game is HARD.
Old 10-17-2012   #26
boyz4

Who can re-upload patch hamachi? Please
boyz4 is offline   Reply With Quote