A sad day for the NFS modding scene

Sept. 20, 2017, 10:33 p.m.
Yes, a few days ago we witnessed that Drivingpassion.net (a.k.a GTRCars) was unexpectedly shutdown. The reason behind is that the domain address is expired (yes I did talk to them on FB through PM). Yes I know all of you including me was kinda really heart broken because it was a not expected thing that this will happen if no one has notice it yet.
So why I made this topic even though there's already one? Easy, is because that I kinda feel sad to the car modders who put their heart and soul for making NFS mods in that site, just. . . boom out. Like gone in existence which is a HUGE blow for some of us because, we cannot get some of the cars mods that are not uploaded here, for example like Porsche4ever's mods, now completely gone unless he had a Dropbox where he can store it. 
I just hope that these guys from the already expired site, can at least find a way to restore the site or get some of the cars back that we can't see anymore, at least for now. If not then I hate to say this but I lost respect on it.
It's not because of the car mods, but the people who made it and never gonna see those anymore. :'(
Sept. 20, 2017, 11:31 p.m.
Damn.
Sept. 21, 2017, 1:31 a.m.
Well, DrivingPassion's domain has been expired and the key is Nik, but he is away and we would have to say farewell to this. :(

About Porsche 4ever mods, he uploaded all of them there. He has a account here, but he just shared screenshots of his mods here and I think his last visit was for 2 years ago.
Sept. 21, 2017, 7:22 a.m.
P4e didn't uploaded any mods here , at least he didn't uploaded his new conversions since he left NFSCars. About DP , I heard that's because someone forgot to pay the domain or something , I don't know much and I won't go into useless thoughts.

Honestly , I think it's just a matter of time. Be patient !

Protip : that's why modders should ALWAYS have multiple sources to allow users to download their mods, it's more convienent.
Sept. 21, 2017, 8:26 a.m.
Rip exclusive mods
Sept. 21, 2017, 9:31 a.m.
I don't mind about uploading mods on a site only or multiple-sites. Somebody wants to keep safe one's mods from who always steals mods. Somebody one's mods are popular and always uploads everywhere. And some reasons that I don't know.

If Nik backs, site will be up again too. I said: The key is Nik. He is the site owner, but he's away and have to be waiting for him.
Sept. 21, 2017, 11:51 a.m.
I hear thy just did not pay there bill that all . Thy will be up soon .
Sept. 21, 2017, 9:45 p.m.
@Ti-Sonic Yes that's a good tip but why they did not do it in here for example. I mean if one lost a site then why don't have a backup in here?
Sept. 22, 2017, 10:53 a.m.
NFS Cars does not support everyone .You have to pay to keep site running .
Sept. 22, 2017, 11:22 a.m.
All sites should have "Donate" option for who interested the site and going to keep the site running. Sadly, somebody have financial difficulties and can't pay/donate so easily. So many of us have this issue. We hate to keeping ourselves away for helping.

Before my left from DP, I saw "Donate" option in site map, but they hide it and I don't know why.
Sept. 22, 2017, 4:51 p.m.
I mean if one lost a site then why don't have a backup in here?

I don't know if you talked about the modders or about the site itself. In both cases :

Modders : it's only up to them to allow multiple sources , if they don't , that's their problem.
Site : NFS Police Force is right. And another thing : DP and NFSCars would never match since it's a sort of NFSCars , made with their own tastes. And when someone creates another forum because he can't stand being in a forum which doesn't go right with his tastes , the chances to see a backup of those are far from zero.

Keep that in mind
Sept. 23, 2017, 7:30 a.m.
I hope nothing from Bernard Jake's NFSU2 Deluxe Edition has been lost. His project is stunning, I've never been looking forward to a mod as much as his.

1506169378-speed2-2017-01-06-21-22-50.jpg

1506169378-speed2-2017-01-02-15-44-50.jpg

1506169378-speed2-2017-01-06-21-55-142.png

1506169378-2222.jpg

1506169378-nfsu2.jpg

1506169378-nfsu2-2.jpg
Sept. 23, 2017, 9:46 a.m.
@Ti-Sonic

Well its modders and there mods they make in general, not the just only the site.

I mean we'll be ever see those again? I dunno. Its just up to them to fix this unexpected problem.
Sept. 23, 2017, 4:58 p.m.
@needforspeedSSX3 : He didn't even uploaded the mod as of now , so it's fine.

Well its modders and there mods they make in general, not the just only the site.
I mean we'll be ever see those again? I dunno. Its just up to them to fix this unexpected problem.Skid_4life420

Now I see what you meant. About the site , yeah , that's up to them.
Sept. 25, 2017, 5:43 a.m.
DP more than likely won't be back as a site; could be entirely moved on its own Discord server, but even then no migration has started yet.

Active Topics

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

{[{ notification.title }]}

{[{ notification.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}
{[{ notification.sender.display_name }]}
older notifications mark all as read
Shoutbox
{[{ shout.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}