New webmaster taking over NFSCars!

Dec. 4, 2004, 3:27 a.m.
Yep, you've read that right: NFSCars just got itself a new webmaster. Mike343 (the very same person who has hosted NFSCars for over 2,5 years) is taking over NFSCars.

Why? Well, I just don't have time for it anymore. Mike is also very experienced with running a website and probably knows more about PHP/MySQL than I do, so expect some improvements over time.

He agreed he is going to build NFSCars V2.0 and he will try to keep the NFSCars feel in the site.

I will be staying as an admin, at least for the time being. I will also make sure NFSCars gets back online asap, so Mike doesn't have to worry about that.

So, let's all welcome Mike as our new webmaster!
Dec. 4, 2004, 3:32 a.m.
I will be staying as an admin, at least for the time being. I will also make sure NFSCars gets back online asap, so Mike doesn't have to worry about that.Sander

whats "at least for the time being" mean?
i think you, as the founder of this site should never step down from your admin rights, since it's your site. even if you might not be able to do much to the site, you should still be able to do so if you feel like it. :)

anyways, Mike, i welcome you as the new Webmaster. :) :D

p.s.: sander, girlfriends change everything dont they? :tongue: j/k
Dec. 4, 2004, 3:33 a.m.
Wow! Now thats a real surprise! Welcome Mike! :thumbsup:
Dec. 4, 2004, 3:35 a.m.
With "For the time being" I meant as long as I want to do it. As for girlfriends, yes, they do change a lot, but it's not just that. I began thinking about this over 6 months ago, before I had a girlfriend.
Dec. 4, 2004, 3:39 a.m.
like i said tho. i feel like you should never step down from your admin rights on your own site.
but rather step down from the necessity that YOU fix stuff on the site's code.
if you see what i mean. :)

on the girlfriend bit, you hopefully know i was playing. its probably more just a combo of things and bits that made you think about this decision.

Good luck Sander.
Good luck Mike.
Good luck NFSCars.

p.s.: look at the last one with a j/k behind it, i have no doubts in Mike's skills as a Webmaster.
Dec. 4, 2004, 3:40 a.m.
I'm shocked… or stunned, I'll let you decide.
So um, welecome Mike343, enjoy?
Dec. 4, 2004, 3:43 a.m.
thanks for the welcome's guys
Dec. 4, 2004, 4:34 a.m.
welcome welcome! don't let anybody harm you…and if they do, ban them. :D
Dec. 4, 2004, 5:45 a.m.
Welcome Mike. You best keep this place in good shape :P
Dec. 4, 2004, 5:57 a.m.
Mike, Forgive me if I do not recieve you with greater enthusiasm- you surely deserve a much more pleasant welcome than my what my present morale allows but, I do wish to Welcome you….I wish you the best of of luck with this site and know that your present staff members will do justice by you-

Jay
Dec. 4, 2004, 6:07 a.m.
Welcome Mike! You are one of the best to keep this site up. I am sure you will do a great job as site owner and Administrator!
Dec. 4, 2004, 6:15 a.m.
I've seen your skills in programming, webdesign, and running a website in general, so I trust that you will make NFSCars live up to its name. Welcome!
Dec. 4, 2004, 6:16 a.m.
wait, site owner?
Sander, did you sell the domain to Mike as well?

so it was all for the money? let's riot!!! CAPITALISTIC SOB!!! :P jk again.
Dec. 4, 2004, 6:21 a.m.
WELCOME MIKE!!

You are a great hoster. Im sure youll be a great webmaster.
Dec. 4, 2004, 6:50 a.m.
sorry to hear that the pioneer of the best NFS site has to step down, but I didn't think Sander could do it forever. real life and jobs really play a significant role, and the older you get, the worse it gets. you did an excellent job Sander, and I support your decisions.

welcome aboard Mike, you better make 2.0 good. ;)

Active Topics

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

{[{ notification.title }]}

{[{ notification.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}
{[{ notification.sender.display_name }]}
older notifications mark all as read
Shoutbox
{[{ shout.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}