Responding to your own topics

Dec. 11, 2004, 3:43 a.m.
This is what I have seen too much of lately:

People make a thread, they come back to the thread the next day to see if anyone have answered. And if noone has answered, they respond to their own post with something like: "Please help me", "Anyone knows" or "still no answers… :|" or simply point out how angry they are that noone has answered them as if to do so on purpsoe.

Please, do not respond to your own topic. Try to exercise a little patience and wait until someone answers- if noone responds it's usually because they do not know the answer so, please do not assume that someone will respond simply because there are a lot of people online.

If noone responds within a few days, depending on the problem you are having/topic you've created, you may want to search in other NFS related forums by checking our affiliates (located on the front page).
Dec. 11, 2004, 5:42 p.m.
sometimes if im desperate i reply tyo my own topic just so it gets on the recent threads list on the home page so someone will see it and mabye reply. not often because google knows all
Dec. 20, 2004, 8:25 a.m.
ya nfs owner…ppl just respond to their own topics so that it comes up on the recent topics…..now is it really WRONG to do that??
Dec. 20, 2004, 8:39 a.m.
ya nfs owner…ppl just respond to their own topics so that it comes up on the recent topics…..now is it really WRONG to do that??Tuscani-Tiburon
Yes- as a matter of fact it is. This issue has been discussed many times ! If someone does not respond to your topic there can be many reasons for this as previously explained so, do not spam by making me repeat what was already stated- familiarize yourself with the rules and try reading the previous comments which offer explanations as well.
Dec. 21, 2004, 12:44 a.m.
and also Tiburon, this does not apply to times when people have actually something new to say in their own topic, and the topic hasnt been active for a couple of days.
At least the way i see it, in this case it would not be considered spam or a double post. but to spam the forums just to get your topic up in the most recent list. that aint what a forum is about really…

Active Topics

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

{[{ notification.title }]}

{[{ notification.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}
{[{ notification.sender.display_name }]}
older notifications mark all as read
Shoutbox
{[{ shout.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}