Uploading Files to the Site

Dec. 21, 2004, 10:17 a.m.
Gentlemen- I would like to remind everyone who is uploading cars/Tracks/Tools, etc. to take special care to read the upload rules. I have had the misfortune of finding too many discrepancies in many of the uploads which have necessitated thier removal from the site.

Infractions of these uploads include the following:
  • Files being submitted WITHOUT the proper readme files
  • Cars being uploaded without explicit permission from their original authors
  • EMPTY files
  • Performance files only
  • Incorrect file size/type of Screenshots
  • "Adult" content and unacceptable material
  • "Work in progress" images of a car you intend to upload later !
the list goes on.

As far as submitting "Packs" of mulitple cars/tracks/tools…it is always best to submit them individually- noone wants to spend an endless amount of time waiting for downloads- especially those people who are using dial-up internet connections.

Adding a Cars/Tracks/Tool, etc. to the site is quite a simple process and I ask all of those concerned to take the time to read the rules and requirements specified- I must stress the importance of including a Readme file and keeping the filenames to 8 characters or less (no spaces or special characters).

Please keep your file names as short as possible, 8 alphanumeric characters is preferred but, submitting a car with the name "'69chargerfastandfuriouslimited", etc…..is just unacceptable- also, please do not use any special characters- numbers, letters, underscores and hyphens only, please.

Make sure that the files you are uploading are either "free" to upload or that you have Complete Authorization from their original authors to upload them here.

Anyone who knowingly abuses the uploads section by adding tracks, cars, etc. which are not their own and did not have permission to add them to the site, will not only have those file(s) be removed but your account will be blocked indefinitely !

The rules are clearly posted in the upload script and in order to submit an upload you must "agree" to the posted rules- therefore, read and re-read this announcement carefully…theft of files will not be tolerated, let's all be honorable and abide by the rules.
Jan. 1, 2005, 6:41 p.m.
A small update to the above post which a lot of people are disregarding-

to everyone who uploads files:

READ THE UPLOADING RULES !

The file must be uploaded in ZIP format (so no self-extractors/installers, rar files, ace files or other formats). You can use a tool like WinZip (shareware) to create the ZIP file.

The rules are posted- it is your responsiblity to read these rules. I have been deleting file after file becasue of the lack of Readme files, lack of screenshots, becaseu the files are .exe (executable files), etc.

If your uploaded file does not comply with the rules, the file will be deleted. If you continuously disregard these rules…you may well lose your privelege to upload files altogether !
Oct. 11, 2008, 4:21 a.m.
I just uploaded a file for NFS 4, when can I see my car (which is the file) in the downloads? It's been 7 hours since I've uploaded the file, it's still not there.

F.Y.I. I'm using a 56K connection.
Oct. 11, 2008, 4:22 a.m.
Please help me!
Oct. 11, 2008, 6:37 a.m.
Uploaded files may take some time to be approved, do not expect your file to be immediately approved when its uploaded.

and if it was 7 hours ago at the time of your upload, that would have put it at around 1am MST, 3am EST, so I'm guessing anyone who could approve would most probably be sleeping.

Active Topics

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

{[{ notification.title }]}

{[{ notification.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}
{[{ notification.sender.display_name }]}
older notifications mark all as read
Shoutbox
{[{ shout.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}