Check Your PM's !

Dec. 29, 2004, 2:31 p.m.
Checking your Inbox and Responding to PM's

When a staff member tries to contact a member it is usually done by PM- when possible it is also done by e-mail or instant messengers.

The problem about the PM system is that some of you have not even been checking your private messages - especially those communications, advisories or even warnings given out by staff members, then…when you finally discover you were banned or warned for breaking a rule, etc. you retaliate against the staff member who had issued these PM's to you when it is your responsiblity to keep tabs on your own inbox.

When a member is breaking rules and does not respond to the PM's sent to him by a staff member…we really have no other choice than to block this member's account since we do not know if he is not responding on purpose or is simply too absent-minded to check his inbox and this is the only way we can stop that member from continuing doing what has caused the problem in the first place.

At any rate- having to constantly try and get certain member's to correspond is like babysitting- it's very unnecessary and frustrating and often leads to nothing but problems and future tensions between that member and the staff member who had sent him the PM's.

I will mention this once and hope that you all assume the responsibility of checking your inbox on a regular basis to avoid these problems- if you do not check your inbox on a regular basis…I strongly suggest you do so at least every 2-3 days.
Dec. 29, 2004, 2:46 p.m.
I don't have to worry about this, I check my PM box every day :)
Dec. 29, 2004, 4:49 p.m.
I don't check my inbox everyday, but don't worry, I had set it so that it would display a pop-up when a message was sent to me :) :D :grin2: .
Dec. 30, 2004, 1:42 a.m.
The problem is.. That there's no pupops or email notifications when recieving one… :rolleyes:
Dec. 30, 2004, 1:53 a.m.
u can switch those on tho. :P
Anonymous
Jan. 1, 2005, 2:42 a.m.
ha! no problem!! I check my PM inbox almost every day!
Jan. 1, 2005, 11:17 a.m.
I check whenever possibble
Jan. 2, 2005, 4:31 a.m.
u can switch those on tho. :PTheMeandMe
I know, but even then they don't work..
Also, the new posts don't work.. I only get the new posts from like an hour, and not from the last time I checked…
Sometimes I wish we still had phpBB :P
Jan. 2, 2005, 4:39 a.m.
lol nobody pms me, though i still check every time!
Jan. 2, 2005, 5:22 a.m.
I check when it says that I got one :P
Jan. 4, 2005, 8:02 p.m.
Since our PM notification is still down…I will post again to remind you all to Check your PM's on a routine basis- until the system is back on, please check your Inbox as often as possible. I've sent some of you PM's and have recieved no response yet I see you in the forums so….once again….Check your PM's !
Jan. 5, 2005, 10:21 a.m.
I got one today and it says the I am acting like a Moderator. All I am doing is tring to help out around here.

P.S. Do all you people think that I act like a Mod? I am a little bite upset right now. Plus I check my PM box when I every recive one.
Jan. 5, 2005, 10:44 a.m.
I got one today and it says the I am acting like a Moderator. All I am doing is tring to help out around here.

P.S. Do all you people think that I act like a Mod? I am a little bite upset right now. Plus I check my PM box when I every recive one.CHRIS2K2
This is entirely the wrong place to post these responses, Chris- that's what the PM should have explained and don't ask member's what their opinions are…if you recieved a PM from a staff member that is sufficient advisory enough.
Jan. 5, 2005, 1:57 p.m.
Thank you for reminding me to check my PM's!! I just did, and received one from you!!! (I just got it though,lol) Thanks for the pm itself too.

>c5-R
Jan. 10, 2005, 7:59 p.m.
Since our PM notification is still down…I will post again to remind you all to Check your PM's on a routine basis- until the system is back on, please check your Inbox as often as possible. I've sent some of you PM's and have recieved no response yet I see you in the forums so….once again….Check your PM's !Viper
Some of you have been issued PM's regarding site-related violations and have not responded to the PMs sent to you and are still commiting the same infractions. If you do not respond to the PM's or e-mails sent to you then I will have no other choice than to block your account for lack of cooperation- this is the only way I can prevent those of you commiting the same infratcions over and over.

Active Topics

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

{[{ notification.title }]}

{[{ notification.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}
{[{ notification.sender.display_name }]}
older notifications mark all as read
Shoutbox
{[{ shout.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}