Viper, Stepping Down for good

March 5, 2005, 8:16 p.m.
I don't know how to start this- NFSCars has been a very important hobby, site, interest and part of my life where I had the opportunity to play with cars, convert so many, learn a few things here and there and, even though I've made a lot of enemies over time…I have also made a lot of friends whom I've come to respect.

I have no words to say for the gratitude I have for Sander for having entrusted me with the positions I've had as a staff member and the confidence he had in me for backing my decisions- that's something I am truly thankful for and am lucky to have had such a thoughful and well-mannered guy recognize me as someone of confidence with his site.

I want to thank Mike as well for also having retained me as admin when the changeover took place and for also having the confidence in me to perform my responsibilities accordingly.

Perhaps I've been a bit too stern, a bit too strict but, I have always meant well and have always desired for NFSCars to be a truly friendly place where everyone, regardless of age, creed, background, experience, etc. could find respect and acceptance.

To the rest of you staff members: John, Travis, Koop and Jimmy- you are my friends and I have always appreciated your support in all my matters and I think very highly of each and every one of you- you all posess very good qualities, the ones necessary for the positions you now hold- poistions I have always considered prestigious and have been proud to have had the opportunity to serve.

I do not wish to "give-up" on the site nor the members and all the other friends I've come to make and have had the privelege of having their support, the problem is that I am going thorugh one of the hardest times in my life with some very personal yet extremely difficult issues with which to deal with…and it makes concentration very difficult to cope with.

I hope you call can understand my situation and realize that it is not an easy one to make but, I feel I would do this site and the members a disservice by performing in a sub-par manner and I have always been the first to say that if this condition were ever met….I would be the very first to ask to step down.

Before I step-down, I would like to have John (Beowulf) considered as a replacement for my postiion. John is avery trustworthy and level-headed, easy-going and intellectual young man whom I trust and admire and feel he would perform an excellent job as an administrator.

So, once again….thanks to all for the support and…I really have no more words to say other than thank you to all for having put up with a such a cantankerous pain in the ass for so long :wink2:

Thanks for your time, guys.

Sincerely, your pal,
Jay
March 5, 2005, 8:37 p.m.
welll dont take this the wrong way/

youve said the same thing 3 other times already and yet your still here. Is it because you change your mind, find it hard to leave, or as a way of getting more attention?

Im not saying that you are a bad guy or anything, but yet, I think you should decide for good to stay or not.

again, dont take it the wrong way, just thats the way im seeing it through my point of view
March 5, 2005, 8:41 p.m.
sad news man, but i can see why you have decided this. i would agree with your decision for Beowulf to take your position, i think the same of him (that and i fear his nuclear power lol)
and Cantankerous pain in the ass? nah, not to me anyway, perhaps to all the newer people, but oh well. dont be so hard on yourself lol. i hope you stay around here when you can though, and at least keep up with CDW somewhat (cause it seems no one else is)
I thank you for a wonderful job that you did with the place, even though i wasent here for most of it, and i bid you adieu sadly.
March 5, 2005, 8:42 p.m.
welll dont take this the wrong way/

youve said the same thing 3 other times already and yet your still here. Is it because you change your mind, find it hard to leave, or as a way of getting more attention?

Im not saying that you are a bad guy or anything, but yet, I think you should decide for good to stay or not.

again, dont take it the wrong way, just thats the way im seeing it through my point of viewAlter
Well- it would take someone like you to say that, wouldn't it ? Just kidding- no…I am stepping down for good- but, it would have been kind of you to have actually read the first post to understand that.

This is not a "goodbye" topic- since I am a senior staff member and it concerns the site is why I chose to post it and avoid someone else post a "what happened to Viper ?" topic.

.. thank you for a wonderful job that you did with the place, even though i wasent here for most of it, and i bid you adieu sadly.Masta
Thank you- those are generous words which I truly appreciate :thumbsup:
March 5, 2005, 8:45 p.m.
Well your right it would have taken someone like me, someone who doesnt follow the leader in line, lol.

Well if your actually going, Ill say good bye and sorry for all the times, believe me there was many, times we argued lol.

Its been fun
March 5, 2005, 8:47 p.m.
Just to jump in and state what I already said to Jay elsewhere. So you all know.

I'm personally enforcing this step down.

Besides, I know why he's doing it, and I really don't blame him.
March 5, 2005, 8:48 p.m.
If he says for good, then i'm guessing thats definite.

Anyways, sorry to hear that you are dropping out. In the times when we worked together on the staff, i had much respect for you and I still do. You were a class example of what an admin should be like. The level of commitment you put into this site is something that will be hard to much. You've done an excellent job and lived up to your title.

I can see the actions behind your choice though. I've gone through many rough times myself, but in the end, I managed to pull through and solve my problems.

I hope all works out best for you, Jay.
March 5, 2005, 8:49 p.m.
Well your right it would have taken someone like me, someone who doesnt follow the leader in line, lol.

Well if your actually going, Ill say good bye and sorry for all the times, believe me there was many, times we argued lol.

Its been funAlter
Thanks, buddy- all past is forgotten as far as I'm concerned- thanks for your support !
March 5, 2005, 8:50 p.m.
Thank you- those are generous words which I truly appreciate :thumbsup:Viper

no problem, i always try to help friends in their time of need as best i can. i do hope you have the time to visit still though :\
March 5, 2005, 8:52 p.m.
Well, it's been great knowing you. Even though my Rally Master account has been banned (sigh…I know this account is going to get banned someday too, I would really like my old account back), I would still like to say some words:

Jay, you've been a tremendous help to the n00bs of the site and you've kept peace wherever you go. Your conversions are absolutely amazing (even though I don't play NFS much any more) and will definitely come in handy for people who want to have a bit more fun. It has been an honor to know you, Jay. *handshake
March 5, 2005, 8:52 p.m.
If he says for good, then i'm guessing thats definite.

Anyways, sorry to hear that you are dropping out. In the times when we worked together on the staff, i had much respect for you and I still do. You were a class example of what an admin should be like. The level of commitment you put into this site is something that will be hard to much. You've done an excellent job and lived up to your title.

I can see the actions behind your choice though. I've gone through many rough times myself, but in the end, I managed to pull through and solve my problems.

I hope all works out best for you, Jay.Kon
That's a very heart-warming thing youve said, Jesse- I truly thank you for those very generous and thoughtful words- you're a sportsman and a gentlemen and I feel very honored to see you speak so highly of me- I'm at a loss for words and can only think of Thank you !
Well, it's been great knowing you. Even though my Rally Master account has been banned (sigh…I know this account is going to get banned someday too, I would really like my old account back), I would still like to say some words:

Jay, you've been a tremendous help to the n00bs of the site and you've kept peace wherever you go. Your conversions are absolutely amazing (even though I don't play NFS much any more) and will definitely come in handy for people who want to have a bit more fun. It has been an honor to know you, Jay. *handshakezhongguoren
Doug…that's incredible of you to say and I extend my hand to you as well- please apply what I said about Kon to yourself as well, my friend !
March 5, 2005, 8:53 p.m.
Well, we've been talking on MSN for a while, and I've said nothing but great things, I will glady say them again. You were the most amazing admin I have ever seen, and I'm not talking about just NFSCars either… You are VERY respectful to other people, and MOST people repect you, I know I do. You were always helpful. Took days, if not months to do all of that converting, the list just keeps going on and on and on, that was only a tip of the iceberg, sir. It's been a great pleasure getting to know you Jay. Hopefully, we'll talk on MSN more friend.
March 5, 2005, 8:59 p.m.
Well, we've been talking on MSN for a while, and I've said nothing but great things, I will glady say them again. You were the most amazing admin I have ever seen, and I'm not talking about just NFSCars either… You are VERY respectful to other people, and MOST people repect you, I know I do. You were always helpful. Took days, if not months to do all of that converting, the list just keeps going on and on and on, that was only a tip of the iceberg, sir. It's been a great pleasure getting to know you Jay. Hopefully, we'll talk on MSN more friend.Speed911
Wow- it's getting difficult to come up with new ways of thanking you all for the generosity of your comments- it's very touching and to be respected is truly a great feeling….I hope I truly did a job deserving of the respect you all speak of and will always fell lucky I was able to assist anyone I could.
March 5, 2005, 9:01 p.m.
With so much college homework I got & now I see this! well Jay, if this is your final step down, then like Masta Shake said before, I should same thing to you, thankyou for all the work and cleaning up the forms and the site. Its been a great work with cars you convert into nfs formats & a handshake to you.
March 5, 2005, 9:02 p.m.
Wow- it's getting difficult to come up with new ways of thanking you all for the generosity of your commentsViper
You don't have to Jay :)

Active Topics

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

{[{ notification.title }]}

{[{ notification.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}
{[{ notification.sender.display_name }]}
older notifications mark all as read
Shoutbox
{[{ shout.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}