March 6, 2005, 1:45 p.m.
Oooh snap! I come a bit late today and it's already 2 pages long!

Well, I am quite sad at this news, but the last thing you need in life is more unessesary stress. I think you are doing the right thing if you are stepping down because of personal issues in the real world. I will miss you and I thank you for all that you have done for this site and its members.

Farewell :| , and good luck ;)
March 6, 2005, 2:04 p.m.
Its sad to see you step down jay…but its your choice,it was great knowing you friend.
March 6, 2005, 2:45 p.m.
(Dang, it's hard to say goodbye…)

Jay, it's too bad to see you go, but life goes on. (For those who have one, excluding me.) I'd like to thank you for your continuous support, advice and sense of humour.
I hope everything will go well in the future and see you around some day. :wink2:

Once again: Arigato for everything.

Sincerely, MDT (or Mario)

Click link to see cute pic. :wink2:
March 6, 2005, 2:55 p.m.
Viper, you have been THE GREATEST teacher and mentor that I and all of the other members have ever had. This site won't be the same without your teachings, comments, advice, etc. If you're leaving because of the great amount of responsibility, just become a regular member of the site. We would hate to lose such a great guy. If you're leaving the site for good, at least leave you're e-mail address so that we can talk to you. When you leave the site, it'll be hard for people not to get upset. There's nobody better than you that can teach on how to make cars for NFS games, and even help people with real-life problems. I understand… It's your life. You do what you have to do. But whatever choice you make, you will never be forgotten. :thumbsup:
March 6, 2005, 3:56 p.m.
hope u get it all sorted Jay! know we've had a temperamental past, but i know how life can kick u in the balls and if u gotta leave, then do it and get the stuff sorted :)

dunc
March 6, 2005, 4:11 p.m.
Hey, i just got banned for carrying out a litle test.

I made three vulgar posts and clocked the speed it took for each to be locked and removed. Even without u. we still had a faster speed than with u, so sit back and relax
March 6, 2005, 4:41 p.m.
This thread has to go straight to the archive, where it will always be remebered. The banner that says NFSCARS should have, "In Memory of Our Friend and Teacher, Viper" added to it. It's the LEAST we can do for the guy. We should draw him a Lambo.

@nextgendesign: …are you nextgentechnologies?
March 6, 2005, 4:43 p.m.
Im sure the site will still cary on pretty well, but just wont have all the luxuries we got acustomed too with you on the job. Im going to thank you now for those things that maby arent as obvious, thanks for: speedy uploads, your tutorials, all the kind messages that were PM'ed, the birthday messages, and for your conversions/base cars/model releases. If I missed anything Im sorry, and if anyone else wants to add something that is not always seen, thank him for that.

@nextgen desighn/concerned: the test was preformed while viper was still an admin, he may have been the one to remove the test posts. This will require the use of the report bad posts button from now on, more than ever.
March 6, 2005, 5:20 p.m.
you did a bloody great job vj5 so dont forget your a great guy dude and ur no were near a pain in the ass
March 6, 2005, 6:02 p.m.
well good bye viper, even though i dont "know you" like others your the only admin that ive seen that so active .
great example for every1 too
March 6, 2005, 6:54 p.m.
Just putting my 2 cents in: I know this is just restating what's already been said. It's too bad losing a respected member of the NFS community (true, you won't be gone gone but you have been a great admin – in addition to being pretty much the only one besides Sander whom I knew for sure was an admin). We never talked and I never knew you personally, but I feel like NFSCars is losing a big and important part of itself. It's like taking part of the computer out – the whole unit might still work but not as well. That last sentence sounds really stupid but I can't think of a better way to say it. I'll miss your humor – but not too much because you'll still be here, RIGHT???.

Good luck getting your life sorted out and I hope your civvies are still in style.
I respect your decision to step down because it's difficult to maintain something like this when life is hard on you. Thank you for making (and keeping) this site what it is today. Raul Julia once said in the 1976 movie, The Gumball Rally, (upon throwing the rearview mirror out of his Ferrari), "What is behind me is not important." This is my favorite quote from a movie, but it does not hold true here. What you have done here at NFSCars IS important. And we will remember your administratorship for a long time. Thanks again.

a fellow NFSCars member and former nOOb but still not a modeler,

Jay (what? Is it that creepy that we have the same name? ok, mine's a nickname, but still…)

ps:
We should draw him a Lambo.Diablo
can I draw it? jk but I'd be honored if admin said yes :afro:
March 6, 2005, 7:16 p.m.
What's with all the farewells? He said he's "stepping down" not leaving… He also said "this is not a goodbye topic". Unless I missed something I believe he'll still be around. :)

I'm glad I visited the site just now or I'd have seen this too late.

@VJ: It's been good having you as Admin man. If you are believer or not, my prayers are with you for your personal matters/troubles or whatever you're going through. :D God bless ya VJ5!
March 6, 2005, 10:21 p.m.
@GM Lover- very kind of you, sir.
@ Robbie Hanos- Thanks, buddy…those are very generous words and well appreciated

@ Masclar- that was avery, very nice thing of you to say…I thank you for those gracious words, my friend.

@ Diablo- thanks for the compliments…it's been great and it's rather flattering to be recognized as such so, thanks a heap to you as well, buddy- your compliments are exceedingly generous and very well appreciated.

@ Hondaman (Dan)- It's very gracious of you to mention those words, especially "respect" - I truly hope I was able to serve in a wise and respectful manner to everyone as well…although I tired to do my best…we are only human and I'm just as prone to faults as anyone else…so, thanks for putting up with me !

@ REBEL35SUSPECT - again, very nice words of encouragement and support and on top of that some nice compliments- I'm proud to have been so highly regarded by so many of you and thank you all for your continued support- unfortunately, most of the time I was so busy I could never offer the chats and assistance I had set my expectations for and still I was able to obtain all these very nice things said about me…I am truly humbled by yours and everyone else's words.

@ nextgentechnologies -lol, nah , buddy…you didn't do anything and it's cool of you to make such a nice comment.

@ Canada_Kid - Wow ! I am again at a loss for words- to hear such complimentary words in itself is waht made all my dedication worth it…I am humbled by such a show of support and compliments…again- a very big thanks to all of you.

@ Pedro_Boticas - once again…very endearing and thoughtful words…I almost feel I don't deserve them but will accept them with pride and a warm heart *Hug returned*

@ Murcielagos - unfortunately, the nature of my problems are life-changing and extremely severe…so much that it would interfere in my performance as a staff member and I could not be a honorable admin if I merely stuck around for the sake of simply maintaining the title.

@ CVPI19 - Louis, you already know my sentiments, buddy.

@ big_muppet996 - thank you very kindly…I wish the best to you as well.

@ c5-R - Thank you for that very nice comment- I strongly believe in the Lord myself and have placed the direction of my life in his hands…I can't speak of the nature of my problems but, thank you again for such considerate and very flattering comments.

@ Jimmy - Thanks a heap, buddy…it's such a shame we're separated form such far distances…you and vic were the first to speak to me on this site…something I'll not easily forget…you're the tops, big guy !

@ Dark1 -Wow ! I really don't know what to say to such a grand and such an amiable comment- you have always been of the first to show your support in all my endeavors which always honored me….for your comments, I'm so pleased I honestly have no words to say.

@ LinkinBoy- Thanks, buddy- all things must come to an end at one point or another…it's best that I leave now than if I were to stay and do a less-than-good job.

@ Mad Dog Turahk - I wish I could thow a "farewll" party…simply so I can gaterh all of you and just have a big blast- I've always appreciated all your support, Mario…the pleasure has always been mine to have known you.

@ DJC-Grafix - Thanks, Duncan…I recognize you as a gentleman and regret out past differences- unfortunately, I was rather short with you at times and now you offer your words to me proving that you are quite a sportsman who harbors no ill feelings…I am trully himbled by that and thank you.

@ nextgendesign - ummm…errr…ok, lol

@ HSVrules- very, very kind of you to say such a thing…much appreciated, my friend.

@ RB26DETT - thank you for commenting, even though we may not hav crossed paths…it's gracious of you to stop by and make a nice comment.

@ JJ_n_Sparky- Thanks for that post….I particularly like the quote by Raul Julia…I'll defintely keep that in mind along with all the other wonderful comments and support I've recieved so far…I sincerely cannot think of the appropriate words to thank each and every single one of you…but, after seeing all these comments…I am more than honored…once again…thank you all.

@ Street NinjaX - Thank you for the very spiritual comment, I sincerely appreciate such a generous comment and will certainly try and get past these issues using both prayer and rational thought…once again…thank you all, gentlemen for such a conforting show of support…you are all the best !
March 7, 2005, 2:50 a.m.
I can't believe that you're stepping down. Well, hopefully your happy with your desision.
March 7, 2005, 3:02 a.m.
Laury, I know that you know what my thoughts areViper

And you know mines too for you ;)
Take the NFSCars Bus with the older members and me

Active Topics

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

{[{ notification.title }]}

{[{ notification.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}
{[{ notification.sender.display_name }]}
older notifications mark all as read
Shoutbox