April 5, 2005, 8:46 p.m.
I remember both NFS Links and NFS Ferrari, though I just visited while surfing and downloading add-on cars. I didnt remember that NFS Ferrari looked like that, and what you typed was really interesting.
April 6, 2005, 2:11 a.m.
Great text Sander! I'm taking my hat off to you for such an impressive achievement. NFSCars was the second NFS-Dedicated website I visited (after NFSDesign), and even the second website I visited at all!
Though I regret being only a passive member in the "golden times" with downloading cars constantly, I hope I will be an active member for many years and let's hope EA will do us justice and help NFSCars keeping alive by a great NFS!

If I'll have some spare time I'll surely write down my very own NFS-History, beginning in 1997:)

Great Work, much appreciated!
April 6, 2005, 2:58 a.m.
Here's to a proper editable NFS9, and many years of NFSCars glory and fame to come!

snaps_smiley_beer.jpg
April 6, 2005, 5:38 a.m.
suddenly, i feel old.

like a war veteran, memories of "gone" friends plague my mind. names, avatars, sigpics… they haunt my dreams and remind me painfully that "time doesn't stop".

i have been with NFSCars for as long as history goes. 5 years… the age of a small child… so many things can happen in such a time span.

thank you all for these 5 years. sharing them with you has been quite special.PortuguesePilot

ditto, although I think it was 4-3 years for myself.
April 6, 2005, 7:28 a.m.
There's little I can say to add to everything already commented here- but, thanks for the post, Sander…definitely a good read and thanks again for allowing me to have been part of this great site ! I hope the best ofr the future of NFSCars and all the staff and members…hopefully, NFS 9 will be a true reward which takes us all back to the game's roots.
April 6, 2005, 8:29 a.m.
And when the nfscars reaches its 10th year, we will probably learn by then to drink the :beer: without touching the froth smiley on top. Is that a german juice, TheMeandMe?
I can't tell for certain…
April 6, 2005, 6:37 p.m.
wow man, it feels great to be here…i dont remember properly when exactly i started downloading cars for nfs, but im sure that it has been more than 2 1/2 years since i know of this site…but strangely, i dont remember about fileplanet or anything…maybe i was a nb back then..but what matters is that i, along with thousands of other guys have played a part in this site being what it is today…hopefully, the site will continue fos as long as possible and i wish that im there till then…:P
April 7, 2005, 12:14 p.m.
I found this web site a year or two ago. I typed Need for Speed Cars in the search bar on my computer to see if there were any web sites were I could get better cars than the ones in the game. I only registered a couple of months ago, and it has more cars than any other website. I occasionally go on other web sites, but I like this one the best. I never knew about NFS Ferarri.
April 7, 2005, 1:09 p.m.
lol at the old page, it looks so…….ancient

i really like this design tho
April 7, 2005, 1:11 p.m.
i remember like 3 years ago when i 1st found this sight, me and a couple of my friends always played nfs3. we must of downloaded at least 100 cars. but the only problem back then was the fileplanet thing.
April 7, 2005, 2:03 p.m.
I first visited nfscars in 2000, but never regestered because I thought you had to pay for regestration. nfscars was always a reliable source for cars, and still is, but I never knew abou nfsferrari.com
April 8, 2005, 5:54 p.m.
Not many people can say they started a community with over 20,000 members, and thousands of unique visitors a day.Sander

Your not wrong there mate, well done!

Great write up, really brought back memories, NFSLINKS, WOW! I had totally forgotten about that site, I was a lot younger then!

Thanks for your time!

Rowan.
April 9, 2005, 11:37 a.m.
wow i cant belive i've been comming here for the past five years……….lets hope the next NFS game will bring back the old memories
April 11, 2005, 4:36 p.m.
Ok, here's a ghost from golden era… :)
omg… 5 years?… Sander - thank You for this site, and for Your effort… I guess NFSCars is one of few things in my life, about wich I can't say anything bad :)
It is sometimes so nice to remember, how cool it was - to modify the Game; to create your oun set of cars; to have 50+ of your favorite cars in game… To change tracks (remember The Vertigo Ridge - perfect copy of one from NFS1?…) Ehh… Those were the days… The days of NFS4. Then there was this enthusiasm to reach more in modelling; then "Scratch-made" was something new, and polycounts were not astronomically high… I still remember this excitement after first time driving Martin Lepps's M3… Heh. And forum wars about "muscle vs rice?" ;) It's sad that these days are gone… NFS is totally different now.

And I really hope that NFS 9 - or maybe NFS 10 - will return to real sportcar theme, and to simulation of driving - instead of this FnF themes…

Well ok, enough rambling about good old days :))

Thnx again Sander for NFSCars!!! :)

A.KuS, PortuguesePilot, Viper, GOT BOOST - nice to see you guys :)
May 5, 2005, 10:52 a.m.
Great story, Sander. It really has been an amazing achievement for you, this site. Hats off to you. :)
@ A.KuS : No way the movie will be as good a the book :P . I mean, who wants to watch a two-hour movie where the guy sits in front of a computer the whole time (remember Phonebooth) :rolleyes5

Active Topics

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

{[{ notification.title }]}

{[{ notification.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}
{[{ notification.sender.display_name }]}
older notifications mark all as read
Shoutbox
{[{ shout.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}