NFSCars and ND4SPDWorld merge?

May 11, 2005, 11:26 a.m.
Seeing how I'm having trouble running ND4SPDWorld on my own I thought of maybe merging ND4SPDWorld with NFSCars. Seeing how my site already runs on the server and we are in good contact anyways.

Each site could fill the others 'gaps' in pretty wel.
The news, nfs info and downloadable tracks from ND4SPDWorld and the community and big download database of NFSCars.

Of course this would mean that one site or both would have to loose its identity. But I found something for this. Instead of letting ND4SPDWorld go up in NFSCars or creating an entire new NFS page and 'closing' both. I was thinking of refering the two urls to the same site but let each url bring up their own design. Seeing how mike code the new site so it is easily updatable and can easily change designs with templates. User are able to just set the design they want in their preferences. And I can make an overall design the "two" site(s) will share. http://texhnolith.nd4spdworld.com/v7.09.jpg dont mind the blue table bg.. wont be like that. I could make this same design in the NFSCars black and red colors as well.

Seeing how NFSCars is already the biggest or near biggest NFS site and ND4SPDWorld isn't that far behind (#6 on NFSCharts) It will easily form the biggest NFS site on the web. Only loss would probably be the ND4SPDWorld forums. Seeing how NFSCars has easily the better runing forum and how quite alot of the ND4SPDWorld members are already signed up here. It's the best keep using this one.

The merge would for m a better site and make running it easier for both me and Mike. So lots of gains for everyone.
May 11, 2005, 12:15 p.m.
i vote to leave both sites separate and leave as is.
May 11, 2005, 12:49 p.m.
well we already decided on it :)
May 11, 2005, 12:50 p.m.
^^+1 I like things the way they are.
May 11, 2005, 12:52 p.m.
well really I wouldnt take your guys (ABF and hondaman) thoughts into consideration anyways due to your recent past and how you have acted here. You both really should be banned but I am a nice guy.
May 11, 2005, 12:56 p.m.
That's awesome. No offense to www.nd4spdworld.com but the forums there suck big time. I actually think the two sites should merge into one, maybe call it NFS World Cars or something like that. In fact, why are there so many different sites? I think all of the should be merged into one big NFS site - The Need for Speed - so NFS fans can find whatever they want on a single site. That would be awesome.
May 11, 2005, 1:01 p.m.
No offense to www.nd4spdworld.com but the forums there suck big time.Wolf04
Non taken.. its just the way it is :P

yea NFSCars and ND4SPDWorld are already doing double work. Only on details we differ.
May 11, 2005, 1:06 p.m.
well really I wouldnt take your guys (ABF and hondaman) thoughts into consideration anyways due to your recent past and how you have acted here. You both really should be banned but I am a nice guy.Mike343
Well, nevermind then. I was only stating my opinion.
May 11, 2005, 1:17 p.m.
see heres how it will work, when you goto nfscars.net you get the nfscars template and design, when you goto nd4spdworld.com you will get nd4spdworlds design/template. Now if you want to view a selected design/template for boths sites you will be able to select which one. Basically if you visit the 2 sites after the merge you wont even know they are merged.

Both sites will have more content and be updated more often as well. There also will be zero downtime.
May 11, 2005, 1:23 p.m.
I can confirm that this merger will happen, and I myself voted for it.
NFSCars is one of the biggest NFS sites, and ND4SPDWorld is right up there as well. Both NFSCars and ND4SPDWorld have there shortcomings ATM. When this merger happens:
  1. NFSCars would get the massive Track database of ND4SPDWorld.
  2. ND4SPDWorld would gain the big community of NFSCars.
  3. Both have a good sized car database (NFSCars' is actually huge). Together, the archive of cars would be massive.
Both of these sites combined could possibly form the best NFS site ever.
May 11, 2005, 1:52 p.m.
Muah ha ha ha. Dont worry, everything will be gold as soon as its merged, these sites (now site) will have the best of both worlds, and be the ONLY site worth getting nfs news.
May 11, 2005, 2:12 p.m.
I want a merge. Many quality cars are on nd4spdworld but not here. Such as nfs5 EA scratch ones and the dodge viper. C'mon, nd4spd has a good forum, it has some pretty cool scratch made projects.
May 11, 2005, 2:14 p.m.
Votage! :D
teh nfscarsspdworld pwnz! :D :P
me = drunk, spryy.
May 11, 2005, 2:19 p.m.
I'm looking forward to seeing how its going to be ;)

Can't be anything but gold. Just wondering how are you guys going to merge databases? For instance I have cars both here and ND4SPDworld (same cars). Will you be linking to one set, removing all duplacates? Or is each "site" going to maintain its own DB?
May 11, 2005, 2:32 p.m.
as far as i know, merge the db, remove any dupicates., might not be possib tho, I dont know enough about sql to give a reasonable valid answer.

Active Topics

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

{[{ notification.title }]}

{[{ notification.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}
{[{ notification.sender.display_name }]}
older notifications mark all as read
Shoutbox
{[{ shout.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}