Donations Needed

March 2, 2006, 8:55 p.m.
I hate to ask for things like this but here is the current situation. The server that hosts nfscars downloads, nd4spdworld, nfshome has to be replaced with a rackmount server due to the datacenter running out of space and since the current server is a tower server it uses up quite a bit of space. Now the only option is to buy a new server which is a rackmount or the datacenter (host) will terminate my account.

A new server will probably cost upwards of $1800 USD min.

So if you can afford to spare some extra money please go here and click on the donate button to donate.

Also for those that donate I will put there names into a pool that I will write a script for that will randomly pick a name and then I will send them a copy of need for speed: most wanted.

I have 4 pc black editions left and 2 xbox (1 black edition)

Here is exactly the reason for this (straight from the datecenter)

I have been asked to deliver a message to all of our colo customers that are using large amounts of rack space. "We have run out of room in our data center." Therefore, we must move our large customers to smaller rack mountable servers. Space has become such an issue, that our only other option would be to cancel the service for these customers.

Thanks, Mike
March 3, 2006, 9:20 a.m.
I'd donate if I had any money, but I don't :(. I hope enough money is donated.
March 3, 2006, 10:03 a.m.
just noticed one thing about the donation link, could it be possible to associate the names of the people who have donated to their username, and have both on the list? it would make it easyer to see what they have done for the community, cause we dont all know each others names
March 3, 2006, 10:26 a.m.
Not a bad idea.. anyways, I just donated $9.55USD to the cause. I know it's not much money, but I hope it helps and you get that new server ASAP. Goodluck. :)
March 3, 2006, 10:26 a.m.
well I could but each person would have to tell me which name is theres.
March 3, 2006, 1:12 p.m.
Pfft, you know who I am.
Time to fiddle with paypal again.
March 3, 2006, 1:14 p.m.
sorry man. i only have a debit card. and i dont think i can use those for paypal.

could you give us an address so we can send cash too?
March 3, 2006, 1:21 p.m.
could you give us an address so we can send cash too?bimmer4lemur
9201 Stateline Rd
Dyer, IN, 46311
United States

[…]
March 3, 2006, 1:29 p.m.
sorry man. i only have a debit card. and i dont think i can use those for paypal.

could you give us an address so we can send cash too?bimmer4lemur

Debit card = bank account.
And paypal prefers to have users transfer funds to them via their bank account. So not only can you, but they prefer it.
March 3, 2006, 1:34 p.m.
but its a simon malls debit car. its kind of like a gift card except that you can use it anywhere visas are accepted. even places out of the malls.

but if thats the case, ill donate some money out of it
March 3, 2006, 1:38 p.m.
if its a visa card as in it has the visa logo on it, you can use it on paypal.
March 3, 2006, 1:40 p.m.
if its a visa card as in it has the visa logo on it, you can use it on paypal.Mike343

yeah its a visa.
im buying a nano with some cash and whatever isnt covered by cash i will pay with the car.ill donate what should be left. about $15
March 13, 2006, 12:27 p.m.
I wish I can donate, but my parents would kill me if I do. Sorry Mike!
March 14, 2006, 3:33 a.m.
even tho you seem to have found something, i donated $25 for future server upgrades or whatever. :P
cant afford more atm sadly…
March 14, 2006, 3:36 p.m.
thanks bro much appreciated

Active Topics

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

{[{ notification.title }]}

{[{ notification.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}
{[{ notification.sender.display_name }]}
older notifications mark all as read
Shoutbox
{[{ shout.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}