Aug. 7, 2006, 8:18 p.m.
Thanks for all the nice comments guys. I'll definately hang around here regularly, so I won't be gone entirely. And if I didn't trust Mike with the site, I wouldn't have stepped down… I don't think the site will die or anything, it's still one of the biggest NFS sites around. And I haven't been really active on here for quite a while now anyway, so things won't just change because of this.

As long as there are a lot of active members on here, the site will stay alive. So that's really up to you all ;)
Aug. 7, 2006, 9:03 p.m.
We will miss you Sander. And I hope this site will stay alive.

I remember when I first got interested in nfs car editing. It was when people edited cars for nfs2 and I wanted to edit them too…only I couldn't ever get the nfs2 cars to work!!! Then nfs3 comes out and slowly other car tools pop up out of nowhere. Ok, now I'm really interested. I spent hours making cars, sometimes staying up 24 hrs lol. Then, my computer hd starts to be an ass and crashes lol. Nfs 4 comes out. Damage!!! YES! Clear windows and interior a +. This would be the climax of my car editing/creating days. I tried editing tracks, but I suck at that. Upgrades and patches came out! Couldn't be better. Then NFS 5 comes out. This game is so cool that I almost lost interest in car editing. Why edit good cars and so many? Nfs 6 comes out! Graphics are awesome, but detail starts to skyrocket and I get tired of editing so much crap. I guess I am loosing interest in nfs. Nfs 7 comes out!?… Different experience… Nfs 8… didn't even touch… Nfs MW… I like the exotics. All in all, I had a good time, but I'm starting to get bored with the whole nfs series. I thinik its the rice/tuner theme thats killing it. If I want to experience that, I'd just drive to downtown S.A.

Maybe someday I'll be insanely bored and create another car or finish some.
Aug. 7, 2006, 9:11 p.m.
Nooooo!!! Not another one…We'll miss you as a Moderator, Sander. :( For nearly 4 years I've been here, but I never expected NFSCars to change so much…lowpoly cars used to be amazingly good. I came during the RK era :P But now, in the ricers era, Sander, founder of NFSCars, moves on.

I'll see you around, Sander, hopefully ;)
Aug. 7, 2006, 10:27 p.m.
And if I didn't trust Mike with the site, I wouldn't have stepped down…Sander
Heh, no comment :P
Aug. 7, 2006, 11:16 p.m.
Rather then be sad your stepping down im just grateful for what you have done with this site, and i hope you make the same impact you have here in other things. Have fun with that.
Aug. 8, 2006, 12:25 a.m.
Sander stepping down is a bad thing for the site, but i don't think that it will die without him. Sure, there will be less major updates, but even if the site stays the same, the community will live on, through all the members who gathered around Sander in the last 6 years
Aug. 8, 2006, 1:20 a.m.
Bye Sander. We will all miss you. Thanks for creating such a excellent site for NFS downloads. You will be remembered by everyone who visited this site. It will feel strange to run nfscars without a founder.
Aug. 8, 2006, 4:53 a.m.
At first, when i saw the title, i thought some guy revived Viper's departure topic. I sure do hope Sander thought about this clearly. But anyhow, good luck man, see you around! ;)
Aug. 8, 2006, 11:24 a.m.
Tragic, but I can certainly understand where you are coming from.
Aug. 8, 2006, 5:02 p.m.
Yeah I agree with that, but will NFSCars post downloads to games such as TDU, MBWR,…? The reason I said the site will rot and die as NFS Series has is that with one less administrator to this place huge updates like the one we just got (the whole site revamp) isn't going to happen as much. Now I am not bringing down Mike at all here, I am sure he does a hell of a lot of work around here too. But a good example I can give is NFSCheats, as Dan left the scene the place slowly started to die off. The staff around there has attempted to regain life there but it is hard without someone who can actually make major updates.FP

Umm you do realize I am the one that did the site revamp? lol.
Aug. 8, 2006, 5:29 p.m.
Ouch.

Quality Standard Edit: It would have been nice to see the site as it was near it's point of launch. However, the site continues to remain unique, which is a good thing.
Aug. 8, 2006, 5:56 p.m.
Well to tell you the truth, even though NFS isn't what it used to be, I find myself coming back to the site for its forums, not it's cars.
Aug. 8, 2006, 7:31 p.m.
I understand what you mean Sander by 'NFSCars isn't what it used to be' and same with NFS itself. Hope you visit again and good luck ;).
Aug. 8, 2006, 11:36 p.m.
I don't know you that well but :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: I'll miss you m8!!!!!
Aug. 9, 2006, 4:20 a.m.
Ouch.

Quality Standard Edit: It would have been nice to see the site as it was near it's point of launch. However, the site continues to remain unique, which is a good thing.MSFT
Back then all I can say is that it was loads of fun. I loved growing up with authors like Fivespeed, Grungy Harry, Icekid, Kvsupercharged, T-Shine… I can go on and name a load of people they were awesome and great modelers. Heck sitting around on the message board for a while was fun too, you had posts coming up every minute and barely any bashing! Heck I think there were less mods then than there is now… I miss it, but what can I do, NFS caused the scene to go bad.

Active Topics

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

{[{ notification.title }]}

{[{ notification.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}
{[{ notification.sender.display_name }]}
older notifications mark all as read
Shoutbox
{[{ shout.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}