Another Work In Progress (Comments?)

Aug. 12, 2007, 5 a.m.
Started over on the first one I did you can check the topic Looking for feedback to see what I mean.

Check out what I have so far.

http://www.nfscars.net/misc/wip3/

By the way the logo / image will be themed to the current game you are under and for the main page it will be the latest game.

Comments? Suggestions?
Aug. 12, 2007, 5:50 a.m.
That's a nice skin right there, I don't like the font that you used in the NFSCars logo though, I prefer the current one.
Aug. 12, 2007, 6:02 a.m.
Looks great! I can't wait until it's done.
Aug. 12, 2007, 6:14 a.m.
looks nice!! but i too like the present "NFSCARS" title:)
Aug. 12, 2007, 11:56 a.m.
Thing is I forget what font that was :/ gotta find the orignal psd
Aug. 12, 2007, 11:59 a.m.
Looks awsome! I really like the Latest Cars up near the header. :)
Aug. 12, 2007, 12:07 p.m.
ya this site has stayed the same for long now, i think its time for a make over
Aug. 12, 2007, 8:49 p.m.
Looks good. Take off the pro street logo and i'm fine. It looks IMO.
Aug. 13, 2007, 1:34 p.m.
Looks good. Take off the pro street logo and i'm fine. It looks IMO.Dark

Guess you failed to read my orignal post.
Aug. 13, 2007, 2:35 p.m.
ASP .NET back-end, I assume?

I'm also curious as to why you placed the NFS games inside a tr instead of grouping them together in a single ul. Wouldn't that have made more sense?
Aug. 13, 2007, 3:07 p.m.
not a fan of the car pictures on top… imo the current site is more professional and clean looking
Aug. 13, 2007, 10:05 p.m.
ASP .NET back-end, I assume?

I'm also curious as to why you placed the NFS games inside a tr instead of grouping them together in a single ul. Wouldn't that have made more sense?MSFT;374700

Kinda asp.net, I am acutally using the monorail framework (http://www.castleproject.org/) with nhibernate. Instead of using webforms I am using NVelocity and working in a MVC pattern kinda like ruby on rails but in C#.

put them inside a table so I could center the text in the cells without alot of work. I did not feel like mucking with a unordered list and creating a class specific for each game. A table will auto adjust for the text so its basically just a time saver.

not a fan of the car pictures on top… imo the current site is more professional and clean lookingSLP

Do you have any experience creating a web design? I would like you to tell me what is more professional and clean looking on the current design vs this new one.
Aug. 13, 2007, 10:42 p.m.
Yeah, the site is fine the way it is. I personally don't like how all the important stuff is on the side (ie Active Topics). I mean it looks nice, but I think the current layout is more easily understood/used. Could you release it as a seperate theme somehow? Kinda like how VBulletin has themes.

ya this site has stayed the same for long now, i think its time for a make overosa_mah91;374499

It changes every year…

Hey Mike, why not finish this? It looks awesome. I love the picture on top! All you'd have to do is maybe change some color schemes/images (black and red looks awesome though) and make the active topics/etc. highlight on mouse-over.

nfscars-wip.jpg

Basically, I don't like it when things are resized and moved to different areas of the page than I am used to. How about a customizable interface? Kinda like how Facebook lets you move things around (move different pieces of the page around).

Even this one was friggin' awesome: http://www.nfscars.net/misc/wip/
Aug. 13, 2007, 10:53 p.m.
@mike - Oops, didn't see that while posting. lol
Aug. 13, 2007, 11:26 p.m.
Yeah, the site is fine the way it is. I personally don't like how all the important stuff is on the side (ie Active Topics). I mean it looks nice, but I think the current layout is more easily understood/used. Could you release it as a seperate theme somehow? Kinda like how VBulletin has themes.

It changes every year…

Hey Mike, why not finish this? It looks awesome. I love the picture on top! All you'd have to do is maybe change some color schemes/images (black and red looks awesome though) and make the active topics/etc. highlight on mouse-over.

Basically, I don't like it when things are resized and moved to different areas of the page than I am used to. How about a customizable interface? Kinda like how Facebook lets you move things around (move different pieces of the page around).

Even this one was friggin' awesome: http://www.nfscars.net/misc/wip/Diablo;374745

I won't be using the current theme anymore after I replace it. What I can do is if more then a handful of people (ie greater then 5) request it is use a secondary theme (http://www.nfscars.net/misc/wip/) you can select under your pref's but it won't be the main theme which means if you don't select it you will be using the standard theme.

See the thing is. I am tired of the standard 3 column layout, left, middle, and right. Its time for something different.

The active topics are not the most important part of the site. The cars are and thats why they are on top, the site is after all called NFSCars. The tracks and tools are on the right instead of in the middle of the page now. Its really not that big of a switch.

As for the customizable page like facebook. I won't be doing that because its alot of work (ALOT). That requires the use of some heavy javascript action and alot of programming imo its more work then its worth.

Active Topics

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

{[{ notification.title }]}

{[{ notification.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}
{[{ notification.sender.display_name }]}
older notifications mark all as read
Shoutbox
{[{ shout.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}