BMW M3 E46 Setup?

Aug. 5, 2008, 1:54 p.m.
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has a good setup for the M3 E46? I use it for grip races… but it handles and accelerates poorly. It has every stage 4 parts equipped and the wide bodykit, but I can't seem to find the perfect setup for this car.

Feel free to PM me or just post in this thread.

Thanks!
Aug. 12, 2008, 9:43 p.m.
what i found helpful for grip races for really good grip is lower the tire pressure both rear and front like 2 clicks left and same with rest of suspension setup excluding the toe, caster, camber, steering response and ride height..those you can tweak yourself..as well as the rest of suspension setup after you test it..it works real well for me in any car..but dont lower too much or there will be body roll and kinda slow (probably didnt help but i gave it a shot =)
Aug. 13, 2008, 1:16 p.m.
It helped more than you think lol. But now remains the speed problem… I get stuck at 230 mph, can't get over it.
Aug. 13, 2008, 1:20 p.m.
lol really? im glad to hear it. and im not totally positive about this but i think different cars might have different top speeds in the game. but it could be the drivetrain or engine tuning issue.
Aug. 14, 2008, 6:42 p.m.
xD ok ok, that was a stupid question LoL sorry. But even with nitrous, most of my cars can hit the 250 mph limit. But this car… maxed out, can't get it right. Anyways. Thanks for the tip.
Aug. 14, 2008, 6:45 p.m.
no problem..and the fact that the e46 cant get to 251 even with nos? maybe glitch? cuz mine can
Aug. 15, 2008, 3:33 p.m.
Since I only have the PS2 version of the game, I can't test the blueprints with the wind tunnel and all that stuff… Maybe I set too much downforce on the car with all the aerodynamic upgrades I set.
I have a question… if I set the ride height too low or too high, will it affect the top speed?
Aug. 15, 2008, 3:40 p.m.
im not exactly sure because i only set my cars to low haha..but muscle just default..and i dont really like to mess with the aerodynamics…i just leave em default…
Aug. 16, 2008, 3:01 p.m.
lol , I like my cars when they look mean, so I put alot of aerodynamics… maybe it slows me down when it's time to acheive high speeds. Same for ride height, I noticed that too much aerodynamics + too low ride height = sparkles coming from under the car.
Aug. 16, 2008, 3:37 p.m.
Try adjusting the gearing and final drive ratio in the tuning section. That should yield some results. also for grip races it is not top end you need to worry about. it is accelleration.
Aug. 16, 2008, 4:10 p.m.
and handling
Aug. 16, 2008, 6:48 p.m.
Okay, I see. I'll get straight to the point. Texas Speedway - Round 2 before defeating the Grip King (the big oval). I just can't beat the Skyline (988 hp). This is my main problem, I keep getting the 2nd place. Now I have no more problems with handling, thanks to azndesire92 =D… but I'm a total noob with gearing. All I do is –-> gear 1 to 6, -10 and final +10.
Aug. 16, 2008, 6:57 p.m.
haha glad to help and as for that track..i was just gonna mention if you didnt anyways. i always used the lambo..maxed out..it always beats the track. i tried the ford gt..no luck…didnt try zonda yet tho…but it'll probably be faster but handling is horrible. anyways…ive literally tried every car (almost) on that track..no joke..and lambo seems the best. and as for gearing..i left it default..and if you put all the gears to small…you're definetly not going to get to top end without nos…my lambo can get to top without nos and same with my other cars.
Aug. 16, 2008, 7:09 p.m.
lol so far, I don't have enough cash for the lambo. But as soon as I get some, it's one of the things I'm going to buy first.
- I thought that if I put the final to +10… I'd have more top speed. And putting all the gears at -10 would make the car go through 'em much faster… At least, that's what I understood from the tips given in the game… Weird.
Aug. 16, 2008, 7:14 p.m.
well think of the gears this way…think of a bike with the different gear sizes. the faster you go…the bigger the gears become and with all short gears..it will only go through the gears really fast but it wont get going towards top speed

Active Topics

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

{[{ notification.title }]}

{[{ notification.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}
{[{ notification.sender.display_name }]}
older notifications mark all as read
Shoutbox
{[{ shout.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}