Body Kits

Jan. 31, 2008, 2:58 a.m.
Alright there are some guys who are determined that useing body kits on drag cars or any car for that matter makes them slower. So I have been doing aero and downforce testing and it does not slow the car down any.

I was running my GT500's one with a body kit and one without. Here are my times.

1/4 mi drag 5.96 with body kit
1/4 mi drag 5.96 without

So it makes no difference!
Jan. 31, 2008, 5:03 a.m.
Alright there are some guys who are determined that useing body kits on drag cars or any car for that matter makes them slower. So I have been doing aero and downforce testing and it does not slow the car down any.

I was running my GT500's one with a body kit and one without. Here are my times.

1/4 mi drag 5.96 with body kit
1/4 mi drag 5.96 without

So it makes no difference!TC4d;401266

what's more is that when putting the widebody kit you actually press down the weight of your car by 10-60 kilos potentially improving your acceleration

for instance the civic without bodykit weighs 1055k
with bodykit 996
Jan. 31, 2008, 7:20 a.m.
Yea it also reduces the weight therefore improving excelleration
Jan. 31, 2008, 6:13 p.m.
Bodykits were never meant to make the cars slow down. It is only for the downforce grip.
Feb. 1, 2008, 2:36 a.m.
Well I was putting a body kit on my Camaro and it made my car weigh more than a stock body but every other car it lightens
April 7, 2008, 8:45 p.m.
it depends what car u use it on, some it decreases weight, some it gains.
April 8, 2008, 12:40 a.m.
Hey

Bodykits with downforce in drag….

I have made like 15 different cars into drag cars in this game - including a 5.38 sec Supra.

Some of the cars in this game will benefit from using bodykits and/or downforce - like the 350Z - it all depends on the car you are building. The Camaro or Supra will not gain anything from using bodykits and downforce - only make them slower. This is of course only if you use a glitched lower staged suspension to prevent it from wheeling.

If you build an all stage 4 Zonda with Turbocharger - nos applied from 2nd - you will need downforce to keep the hood down. But it is much easier to put in a glitched stock suspension and launch with nos from start in 2nd gear (set 2nd +3 or 4 from middle). That is much faster than an all gear setup.

Bodykits are only used in speed challenge do keep the car stable and easier to handle at highspeed. In grip you need as much downforce as possible in the curves.
April 8, 2008, 12:05 p.m.
the body kits i used dont make a difference
Jan. 2, 2013, 2 a.m.
Why the hell you bumped up a 4 years old topic?

Someone needs to close this thread now.

Active Topics

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

{[{ notification.title }]}

{[{ notification.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}
{[{ notification.sender.display_name }]}
older notifications mark all as read
Shoutbox
{[{ shout.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}