Car Comments Section RULES

Dec. 23, 2003, 5:41 a.m.
Gentlemen-
It has come to my attention for too long how often the car comments section has been abused. This section is a priveleged section provided by NFS Cars so that we can ALL comment on the aspects of an uploaded car. The problem with ths is that all too many members COMPLETELY DISREGARD the posted Rules.

I have seen vulagr and foul language, links to other websites, complete and unnecessary "bashing" of the car's author, political statements which have no place in a section that is designated for either praise or CONSTRUCTIVE criticism of submitted cars. I have also noticed a trend in which some members often comment on 5 or more cars at a time AND all the comments are NEGATIVE ! Another trend is where some members even retaliate and start arguing with a negative post that was made months and even years ago !

Well, this is going to stop NOW. Simply put, the Rules of this site are easily accessed: as soon as you enter the Forums you can find the links to both the Rules AND the FAQ's sections on the main toolbar at the top of the page. You can also click on the "Offical NFS Cars FORUM RULES" link on my sigpic. The car comments section rules are CLEARLY POSTED in every car comment's page section- for the sake of those who "skip" this, here they are:

- No flames!
- No swearing!
- No spamming!
- No car requests!
- No offensive posts!
- No "First Post!" posts!
- When negative, only CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM! If you don't know what that is, then don't comment!
Violation of any of these rules can (and often will) result in removal of comments and can sometimes lead to blocking your account!

They are very simple rules to follow. I will be constantly revising the car comments section to Edit and possibly remove any car comments that break these rules. Should anyone find an infraction of these rules, please report it to administration or directly to me.

Gentleman, it matters NOT who you are. You may be a very well known member of this site or a new member posting your very first comment. Anyone found breaking these rules will subject themselves to the consequences of administrative action. There is no reason whatsoever why these rules cannot be followed and there will be no further rule breaking tolerated. Let's be civil and respect the rights of every member here.
Thank you
Viper Jay 5
NFS Cars Site Administrator
Anonymous
Aug. 20, 2004, 5:10 a.m.
First of all, I hope that I don't get in trouble or get banned for posting a slight addition to what Viper Jay 5 stated, but here is what I must say:

I am a very opinionated person, however I can't let that cloud my judgement on whether a car is good, bad or ugly. It is (or should be) common knowledge that when a person is making a creation, that the person is expressing themselves, If the car doesn't look exactly like the model it is madel from, the changes may be that the builder didn't like that part or design in the original (real) car. It should also be known that if you don't like a car, or its looks, or the performance, you are not obligated to download it, or comment.

In a while I will hopefully have built a car to upload here, and it is my hope that even if you hate the car, that you respect the builder. The talented people who build the cars here spend lots of time on them, one car sticks in my mind as having just under 10000 hours, if my math holds up, that is 59.52 full seven day weeks straight, if combined totally without breaks. more than a full year on one single car.

It should also be said that some vehicles are a builder very first upload ever, a harsh word to them could break their spirit enough that a promisingly talented person gives up on what he or she is good at.

Some comments actually state that the commenting party is not going to download, for all they know, the car that they laughed at could have been an amazing car, that cosmetically had a few bugs.

In conclusion I would like to say that if your personality refuses to let you not comment, Take a few seconds to ask yourself a couple of questions:

If I had a car here, would I want to see this written about my car?
How many hours did this person spend making this car?

When you comment, please consider the person on the receiving end of you comments, he or she may have spent a lot of time working with the car you see.
Aug. 20, 2004, 5:28 a.m.
First of all, I hope that I don't get in trouble or get banned for posting a slight addition to what Viper Jay 5 stated, but here is what I must say:

I am a very opinionated person, however I can't let that cloud my judgement on whether a car is good, bad or ugly. It is (or should be) common knowledge that when a person is making a creation, that the person is expressing themselves, If the car doesn't look exactly like the model it is madel from, the changes may be that the builder didn't like that part or design in the original (real) car. It should also be known that if you don't like a car, or its looks, or the performance, you are not obligated to download it, or comment.

In a while I will hopefully have built a car to upload here, and it is my hope that even if you hate the car, that you respect the builder. The talented people who build the cars here spend lots of time on them, one car sticks in my mind as having just under 10000 hours, if my math holds up, that is 59.52 full seven day weeks straight, if combined totally without breaks. more than a full year on one single car.

It should also be said that some vehicles are a builder very first upload ever, a harsh word to them could break their spirit enough that a promisingly talented person gives up on what he or she is good at.

Some comments actually state that the commenting party is not going to download, for all they know, the car that they laughed at could have been an amazing car, that cosmetically had a few bugs.

In conclusion I would like to say that if your personality refuses to let you not comment, Take a few seconds to ask yourself a couple of questions:

If I had a car here, would I want to see this written about my car?
How many hours did this person spend making this car?

When you comment, please consider the person on the receiving end of you comments, he or she may have spent a lot of time working with the car you see.ChevyFan2004

No, negative criticism is good, because if some-one will make ugly 5 minute crap, and nobody will say it's bad, he will think that's good and will start uploading another craps and NFScars will be in short full of bad cars.

I never say anything bad, when it's a scratch-made and i can see that author spent a lot of hours on it. It might look bad, but when i see that he brought out the best from himself, i'm 'Mr. Nice' . But when i see for example a conversion, which is totally screwed up or a just quick-job modded EA's car, i'm starting to be angry.

Your whole comment might mean, that you are one of these quick-job crap makers. Please, don't take it as offending, but only someone who don't want hear the truth about his work, can write something as above. If you can't bear the truth, just don't allow comments.

For those who are downloading cars and don't have good connection (dial-up) is important people's opinions. Just try to imagine if you'll want buy a game and will not find any review or rating, because developer will don't allow any preview/review. So people might buy a great game or might waste their hard-earned money.

I hope you understood.
Aug. 20, 2004, 5:31 a.m.
If an author makes adjustments, he isn't allowed to call it the same as the car he was making. Also, most modelers like to have crits, and some even ask for it.
So I think, if you don't want to see those kind of comments underneeth your car for instance, just put off the option 'allow comments' when uploading a car.
Anonymous
Aug. 20, 2004, 6:09 a.m.
WESTBLADE, I agree with you, to a point. I also must clarify that my post was directed more towards people who are being disrepectful, grouchy, and just plain mean.

Negative criticism is ok, as long as it is not said so harshly that it turns someone off making another car. An opinion voiced negatively but respectfully is perfectly ok, but not cursing the author out, calling him names or trying to hurt someones feelings.

I have done woodworking as a hobby for a long time and when i have spent a month sanding, varnishing, polishing, fine tuning, and assembling a peice of furniture I dislike being told it is complete crap. For that record I am not the kind of guy who would upload a peice of junk that is worthless.

I do agree that a 5 minute car shouldn't be praised, but there is no reason to curse out a builder because he or she is too lazy to do the job right. I didn't mean to make it sound like every car is worth an award, just that real people who do have feelings built it, and they shouldn't be mistreated. I guess my post makes me sound like a guy who hates negative criticism, I don't dislike it at all. but don't push it too far.

This may make some mad, and get me cursed out, but the game and the cars are built for enjoyment, I use the game as a way to forget a long day that didn't go right for me. there is absolutely no reason to get personal about it.
Aug. 20, 2004, 5:36 p.m.
Well, you also have to understand this, what is NOW a 5 minute job, was once a 5 hour job. Just because it can be done quickly now, doesn't mean it wasn't hard in the begining.

In the end, when an offensive comment is posted, it will be dealt with by the staff.

Active Topics

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

{[{ notification.title }]}

{[{ notification.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}
{[{ notification.sender.display_name }]}
older notifications mark all as read
Shoutbox
{[{ shout.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}