Sept. 10, 2017, 8:22 a.m.
I've had this problem few times ago. To solve this, just one alternative: search for mods with light geometries (near to 6 or 7 MB) to replace cars. Even for cops and traffics (avoid traffic mods). If you use 1 or 2 mods near to 10 MB, use one or other stock car in game.

I made it and is really rare to see this again, except when I try to do 6 or 7 races without return to safehouse — and recharge game memory.

Yes, I know, light mods don't have so much customizations, but is hard to do LOD parts or to get from original source (Forza Studio, for example). Is a choice, as in real life.
Sept. 10, 2017, 9:11 a.m.
AJM, check my XK or CLS63, both cars have full customization and these mods lighter, than the same from other modders. Using true LODs instead link.txt makes mods lighter and more compatible with the game, the same situation with textures: Than more you have added 1024 or 2048 textures into mod, than more chances for overload game cache and dissapearing cars.
Sept. 10, 2017, 9:14 a.m.
thanks man.
Sept. 10, 2017, 10:28 a.m.
Well… Both from other NFS versions, can be included in the part that I talk about "get from original source".

I saw other mods from AJ Lethal that turns in the same way.
Sept. 10, 2017, 12:25 p.m.
@Corvettez06 You're saying LOD Parts are high quality and make geometry.bin size, lighter?
Sept. 10, 2017, 1:14 p.m.
True LODs makes mod lighter, than the same mod with fake LODs(link.txt).
Sept. 10, 2017, 2:22 p.m.
It's really cool. Btw, do you make LOD parts of RR3 ripped models or they have?
Sept. 10, 2017, 2:37 p.m.
I'm updating my mods with "semi" LODs: removing not visible details in B, C, D and E parts, using darker windows and other tricks to remove lights and interior details of these parts. It's the one way when I convert models done for GTA; well, modelers don't care with LOD because GTA supports (fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucking) heavy mods. It's our work adjust it if we want to convert to NFS.

I'll never forget the Volkswagen Passat Variant with 150k poly ONLY in the HOOD.

For example, the 1st version of my Pajero has 12 MB, without E parts. The latest (I'm finishing the update) has 7 MB, included E parts.
Sept. 10, 2017, 2:59 p.m.
@MNaeemi777, yep, RR3 meshes have lods and i have use lods, but i do add new materials and remapping everything on lods to properly textures, because on lods uses livery texture for everything (except interior and windows). It's not easy as you think
Sept. 10, 2017, 3:29 p.m.
I'm understood while I was using McLaren MP4-12C Spider.
Sept. 10, 2017, 5:14 p.m.
Corvette is truly right on that one , LOD levels are always something very complicated if you don't know what you do , as for me I started to make them a bit recently because I finally understand what was their purpose , and even if in ProStreet , the compiler does the LOD thingy for you ( which means less time to spent for making LOD's ) , for the older NFS's , making the lower LOD's always needs to be done , and not by using the link.txt.

Evene if the compiler counts them , sometimes I have the strange feeling that they're somewhat skipped. I don't know why , though.
Sept. 11, 2017, 12:30 a.m.
Your mean is I can ignore link.txt by using LOD parts? (From C to F)
Sept. 11, 2017, 2:37 a.m.
Yep, you can ignore kink.txt(or make it zero) only if all parts have lods(except decals - only A, and driver model A and C)
Sept. 11, 2017, 2:45 a.m.
@MNaeemi777 

http://www.nfscars.net/need-for-speed-most-wanted/7/files/view/7060/ 
this is one of the car mods i installed,
Sept. 11, 2017, 9:18 p.m.
Why would you use Lod_F anyways?

Active Topics

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

{[{ notification.title }]}

{[{ notification.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}
{[{ notification.sender.display_name }]}