Enchanced Visual Treatment: How to use it

June 18, 2017, 2:01 a.m.
If you don't know, it's a hidden Video option feature in NFS Carbon that makes the game look more bright. This option can make lags! For pictures, it's in my NFSC Early Morning thread.

So, how to use it?

(you need hex editor.)
1. Open your hex-editor.
2. In your hex-editor, open NFSC.exe in your  NFSC folder.
3. Search for visualtreatment_enchanced (string/text)
4. There must be "visualtreatment" string (without quotes) next to it (or before?),  add "_enchanced" (without quotes) to that string.
5. Now that the string is visualtreatment_enchanced, there is a string that is merged with it (DownScaleForBloom) so put 00 bytes (in the hex column not string) in the end of visualtreatment_enchanced.

6. Save file and open the game. Change your visual treatment to On and see the changes!

If you don't understand i will put images later when i logged on with my PC.
June 18, 2017, 7:38 a.m.
Thank you for the tutorial!

I tried things with it. There are 2 different values which change the general Enhanced Visual Treatment amount. It's 0.8 for FE, 1.25 for game world.
But I couldn't achieve the thing on your screenshots in "Early Morning" thread. I think you removed sky textures, how can I do it?

Also, I made a Cheat Engine table: https://gist.github.com/nlgzrgn/a0b00b6d349f51a313e9a9c7dfde789b
Hold (right click) the Raw button and select "Save Target As…" or just copy all the thing into a new text file and save it with .ct extension.
June 19, 2017, 6:42 p.m.
Yup, you're welcome!

For deleting sky textures, i forgot how do i do that :( don't worry though, because i got the tutorial somewhere on NFST forum so if you really want it i'll copy the tutorial here when i find it.

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

{[{ notification.title }]}

{[{ notification.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}
{[{ notification.sender.display_name }]}
older notifications mark all as read
Shoutbox
{[{ shout.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}