F-body Faction 3.0 official thread

Feb. 18, 2007, 7:30 p.m.
for a limited time, I will be around to release cars at NFSCars for the first time in over 6 months.

read my other post for details on the new never-before-released material that will come soon.

I am, primarily, back to oversee the releases of conversions to other games. I will have more details regarding what games and who's doing them at a later date.

more to come.

–––––––-

oh, ho. realistically speaking, I've not been "active" on this site since August. in the midst of some staff-related issues, opportunity came knocking one day, and I answered. I've been an admin for NFSAddOns (formerly NFSGarage) and since I know for sure that my cars can get added to the site (hell, I added them myself, how's that for service??) I essentially made the cars exclusive to NFSA. I didn't do this out of spite of NFSCars or anything, but rather because I didn't want to go through the task of filling out all those fields on the car upload page just to have them never get added.

I spoke to Mike343 yesterday however, and he has assured me that this is no longer a problem. whether that's true or not, we'll have to find out, because I have decided to release the "dirty dozen" here. although, there's not really any shortage of car uploads here, so I don't suppose it'll be fair to release all 12 at once (and believe me, I don't want to – half of the battle was typing the damn descriptions and making sure the serials were all correct!) so I will be releasing them in chunks of 4.

EDIT: updated car listing. :x

right now Shake is working on the LT1 Firebird bumpers and trying to resolve some of the nagging bullshit that prevented those cars from ever getting released. although it's difficult for me to crack open Zmod at this juncture (many real life matters at present!) I hope to eventually get around to doing convertible versions of some of the 4th gens. and although I cancelled them before, I decided to put J Design back on finishing up/fixing up the 3rd gens again. I find it hard to fathom that J's been with F-body Faction this long and has never gotten to take part in any of the cars that have been released.

so, what does all of this mean for you?

as always, the LT1 and LS1 designators are used for generation, not necessarily for the engine the car was equipped with (pertaining to V6 models). LT1: 1993-1997; LS1: 1998-2002.

set 1:
Camaro 3800
Camaro RS (V6)
Camaro Z28 (LS1)
Camaro SS

set 2:
Firebird 3800 (LS1)
Firebird Formula WS6
Trans Am
Trans Am WS6

set 3:
SLP Camaro RS
SLP Camaro SS
SLP Firebird GT
SLP Firehawk

set 4:
Camaro 3800 (LS1)
Camaro RS (V6) (LT1)
Camaro Z28 (LT1)
Camaro SS (LT4)

set 5:
Firebird 3800 (LT1)
Firebird Formula (LT1)
Trans Am (LT1)
SLP Firehawk (LT4)

set 6: (all convertibles, will share serials with like-models)
Camaro 3800 Convertible
Camaro Z28 Convertible
Firebird 3800 Convertible
Trans Am Convertible (non-WS6)

set 7: (3rd gens, 1987-1990 models)
Camaro RS 5.0
Camaro IROC-Z
Firebird Formula 350
Trans Am GTA

set 8: (3rd gens, 1991-1992 models)
Camaro RS 5.0
Camaro Z28
Firebird Formula
Trans Am GTA

set 9:
TBA

set 10:
TBA

I have no definite idea as to what sets 9 and 10 will be, but there's a likelihood that they can contain anniversary models and pursuit models, if anything. also, convertible parts were made for the 3rd gens, so I can potentially double their numbers by adding convertibles. :o

no 1st gens or 2nd gens have been planned yet.

EDIT: listing has been updated. more LT1s :)

–––––––––-

current converter listing:
NFS6 Firebirds: HSVrules (HSVdrifter)
NFS6 Camaros: UCN
GTA SA: Pico
WR2: Tomek (TomWin)
Flat-Out: SLP Firehawk (J Design)

unconfirmed:
Motor World Online: TBA
MBWR: Reilsss
Racer: Flammen (FactionzWickedOne)

more to come :)
Feb. 18, 2007, 7:37 p.m.
In case you haven't realized, mecha's a moderator now. Be nice to him :)
Feb. 19, 2007, 11:56 a.m.
oh snap mechas a mod now,sweet
im so surely looking forward to these
new additions bro. ;)
Feb. 22, 2007, 9:32 p.m.
Heh im added.
Feb. 23, 2007, 3:48 a.m.
flat out will be a confirmed, itll just be limited models due to all the extra work that has to go into damage parts

if you havent noticed, the third gens are back as well :D
Feb. 23, 2007, 7:30 p.m.
happy end of black history month. :)

3rdgens for life.
Feb. 24, 2007, 6:26 a.m.
dont those people have another 4 days worth?
Feb. 26, 2007, 6:44 a.m.
when he finished his works and he feels like it, maybe mike343 could make rFactor conversions? he said he wants to get into that.
March 15, 2007, 1:37 p.m.
well, I wanted to post an update. I actually closed a thread here the other day… I was proud. Ed keeps beating me to the punch with the moderating, but mainly it has to do with the fact that I've been busy with real life stuff lately.

so at the end of the day when I come home, I generally drink about 4 Diet Pepsis to keep me awake, and I keep going until 6 am. what I've been working on with the cars for the past few days (on and off, of course) are the 4th gen interiors. long-time Faction followers may recall that about 4 years ago I went on a massive campaign to make the insides of the cars look better, the Interior Improvement Project is what I called it. but that was when I didn't know how to make a polygon, so most of my improvements were on the texturing level.

a lot of these features have vanished over the years – some of our cars had all-grey interiors (see: no textures at all), and various parts have been removed. overall, I've been disappointed with how the interiors look. so I went ahead and reinstated all-new engine bays, refitted the interior door parts TO THE DOORS, and remodeled the storage areas for the hatchbacks. it's my goal to also bring back the Automatic gearshifter part and do like I said I would years ago and make the V6 and convertible models "have Automatic transmissions" (as in, the driver will have both hands on the wheel and just "cruise") and have the performance variants (like the V8-based coupe models) retain the Manual shifter (driver with one hand on the wheel, one hand on the shifter) …. it's just my objective to differentiate the models. :)

fortunately, all the hard work is done. there's a couple of adjustments I want to make to the interior mappings (like restoring the seat textures, and correcting the deformed Camaro speedometer) … after this little detour, I have made the cars look even better, and they are 100% conversion-ready for games that feature damage models where parts pop open (like the hoods/hatches/doors) or fall off (same parts).

I know, time for the bad news, right? I will be releasing all the cars allllllllllllll over again, and this time I will be doing a damage model and including vidwalls again.

the Firebirds have a mapping glitch (came from when I rearranged the textures) where the rear nameplates are scaled wrong, and also, they're not really that "red" in real life – it's more of a faded pink.

I will be making up the assembly kits, or whatever the hell you want to call them, for the converters. I will be separating all the cars into the following portions: front bumper, front fenders, hoods, doors, windows/T-tops/convertible tops, rear hatchback (this includes the outline, glass, rear deck, and the spoiler), and then the rest of the car. the interior/underside will be split up into similar parts: engine bay, inner doors, and the rest of the interior parts, and the underside (which contains the wheelwells and every part between the body panels, lol). as part of this, the wheels, pop-up headlights (Firebirds), sport appearance package parts (for the Camaro RS, namely), driver/his head, and potentially a diagram of which places the brake lights, headlights, reverse lights all go.

the objective here is to improve upon the cars, AGAIN, and to make them more user-friendly for our international friends volunteering to convert for us.

I'll post some pics later. :)
March 15, 2007, 1:57 p.m.
It looks as though things are taking a turn for the better…

Good work, sir.
March 15, 2007, 5:18 p.m.
If i perfect my HS->HP2 converting skills, maybe i could try to convert some of the F-Body faction cars
March 15, 2007, 6:59 p.m.
im sure there's already faction members who can.
March 15, 2007, 10:49 p.m.
lol

I have a list of people set to convert for me already, but thanks for the offer. JRice, I may have another proposition for you in the near future. if you're interested in finding out what that is, PM me.

EDIT: add Firebird W68 (LS1) to our list of cars
March 21, 2007, 5:46 p.m.
Wow. Nice to see that I'm not completely forgotten. lol
Looks as though I'm back yet again… After a shortlived Linux run. (KUBUNTU SUCKS BIG'ENS!!) Soo. Now that I'm back to Windows and all that jazz, I'm up for RACER conversions. yey. So. Catch me on AIM sometime fellas. Send me some good sheet. :D

And as far as real-world happenings. I'm still unemployed (since the week before xmas) but I do some side work here n there. Saving up to either get a 400 for the 'maro or snatch the 350 outta the suburban (total piece of crap) and freshen it up a little and stick it in the 'maro. Edelbrock intake, dual pattern Elgin Pro Street cam, a little head work andddd… Viola. Hosspahr. (That's redneck for 'horsepower' for those of you that are yanks) haha.

Keep it evil. (:
Or Gonzo will attack you.
(don't ask, inside joke with me n the missus)
March 25, 2007, 1:39 a.m.
for those wondering what's been going on…

quite possibly, the most sought after model we've ever set out to create…

the Camaro ZL-1

before he gets all butthurt, Kracka modeled the wire grille. all other parts were made by me. the fender stripes, if you were wondering, are fully modeled, and are mapped to a texture to get the outline stripe effect. this took about the entire day to do, lose the file, and then for me to redo again with even more polies. (the lol?)

exhaust and wheels are merely placeholders. the body, however, I believe is complete. :)

as for the rest, I am going to make a few custom models to go along with the factory ones. expect some different exhaust types. with the ZL-1 (mostly) done, I can do the IROC Racer again. I tried to assemble the converter-friendly Camaro models, and somehow wound up on the ZL-1 tangent. the fender stripe has eluded me since September – I'm glad to have finally finished the damn thing, properly. now I just need to fix the export (European/Japanese import) Tri-Color taillight texture.

as for the Firebirds, if I neglected to mention so before, I have done the Sport Appearance Package for the V6 Firebird. thanks to Necro, I finally have names for the not-Camaro RS and Firebird W68: they will be named Camaro Sport and Firebird Sport. I am doing this because the '98-'02 V6 Camaro with Sport Appearance Package was not officially called Camaro RS – as you all may not know, SLP Engineering had an upgrade package for the V6 Camaro named Camaro RS. I am doing this for the Firebird with Sport Appearance Package simply because I know (also speaking from personal experience) that people will likely confuse the W68 with the WS6 Performance & Handling Package on the Firebird Formula and Trans Am.

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm getting rather excited to almost have these all finished for everyone to play with, finally. :)

Active Topics

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

{[{ notification.title }]}

{[{ notification.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}
{[{ notification.sender.display_name }]}
older notifications mark all as read
Shoutbox
{[{ shout.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}