Flaws in HOF Rules

Sept. 28, 2002, 5:33 p.m.
I have noticed a few flaws in the HOF rules, mostly not being presice, like one rule is " no tuned cars" You SHOULD make that more presice eg: "No street style tuned cars" because just saying no tuned cars means COMPLETLEY stock cars. that means no real rally cars, no company tuning (Nismo, SPOON, etc) and other things like that. Also i've noticed a few other things, like: you can not base your car ff another persons. Well if that be true Jhonnyspeed's (i think) 360 Medona(i think) shouldnt be in there, considering he based it off of EA's car. I am not taking anything away from anything or one i mentioned here, i just think you should be more presice about the rules…. Thats my 2 cents
Sept. 28, 2002, 5:54 p.m.
well i have to agree with him..I think there is a Nismo and Shelby car in HOF…Jhonny is a good modeler..But there are better versions of his cars..
!!
Sept. 28, 2002, 6:33 p.m.
Would cars that used our own base, but had completely rebuilt parts, like bumpers, sideskirts, etc. and overall tuned by our own parts that we made for that car be considered as candidates (if say the stock version doesnt make it into the HOF)?
Sept. 28, 2002, 6:39 p.m.
Would cars that used our own base, but had completely rebuilt parts, like bumpers, sideskirts, etc. and overall tuned by our own parts that we made for that car be considered as candidates (if say the stock version doesnt make it into the HOF)?GT-R

True to the wording of the wise Gleb, i think if its your own base, and your own parts, then it could be nominated, but then you couldnt have anyone else's things on there, even though like 97% is your, if you use someone else's things (wheels for eg.) then it should not be allowed to be nominated. I didnt think of that, good thing you brought it into the topic
Sept. 28, 2002, 7:01 p.m.
so what you people are saying is everything should be 100% all your work?
Sept. 28, 2002, 7:08 p.m.
No V4S I am merely pointing out how to make this better, the point that they said "no tuning (or basing) of cars" well either 1: the HOF crew hasnt followed that guidline or 2: That the guidlines of HOF cars isnt presice
Sept. 30, 2002, 2:42 p.m.
Eh, I think it's fine just the way it is.
Oct. 1, 2002, 4:16 p.m.
well, i gotta agree with Razor, he's got a point, if we allowed scratch made parts tuned cars, i say NFS Tuner's Civic :beer:
Oct. 1, 2002, 4:24 p.m.
Ok, I think I have to step in. (Hey, Im still on vacation, keep some interesting stuff till friday :wink: )

Tuned cars will only appear if no basic car is used, or you made the base car by yourself. Eddies first modified NSX is a good example. Over and out.
Oct. 1, 2002, 4:54 p.m.
so technically somtimes it's probably better to release a scratch made tuned car straight off without a stock version…

eg, if i made a supra, i'd be better off making a tuned version rather than a stock version..
Oct. 1, 2002, 6:09 p.m.
it depends. people are that prefer the tuned verison, and people are that prefer the stock. i'd defenetively prefer the stock version.
Oct. 3, 2002, 12:48 p.m.
Same here, but the amount of downloads doesn't matter.
Oct. 22, 2002, 10:26 a.m.
i believe tuned cars should be allowed on the HOF cuz theyre the most fun to use and most popular, i cant even make a scratch car , so that means i have no chance what so ever to get onto the hof! which really BITES! :bigmouth:

check out my car www.angelfire.com/d20/am2002/screen.jpg copy and paste url
Oct. 22, 2002, 10:35 a.m.
You can have tuned cars that is your own car that you made (ie, Bubba's RSX lineup), but no tuned cars are allowed if you used someone elses car (base)
Oct. 22, 2002, 10:38 a.m.
what about EAs bases? those are what i have mostly tuned lately

Active Topics

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

{[{ notification.title }]}

{[{ notification.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}
{[{ notification.sender.display_name }]}
older notifications mark all as read
Shoutbox
{[{ shout.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}