Forum Problems (yet again)

Oct. 5, 2002, 2:57 p.m.
http://site.nfscars.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=94745#94745

Seems like when I tried posting, it created its own invisibe page, yet still refering to the Sig Of The Month thread. Also when I tried posting, it said "failed sending email"
Oct. 5, 2002, 2:59 p.m.
I'm having problems posting too. :x
Oct. 5, 2002, 3:33 p.m.
ya i get that too, it still post's my message… dang con you posted 3x in that one
Oct. 5, 2002, 3:41 p.m.
grrr its Kon :x :P
Blame the board for the triple post!
Oct. 5, 2002, 10:39 p.m.
It even says "Page 3 of 2" at the bottom…

I'll see if I can find the cause of the problem.
Oct. 5, 2002, 11:09 p.m.
Hmm, I found a partial solution to this, but I wasn't able to save the topic from being screwed. I closed it, best is to open a new topic.

If this happens too often, I might need to find a new board… Unless they hurry up with phpBB 2.1/2.2, which should have a lot of improvements…
Oct. 6, 2002, 1:17 a.m.
some other places says that and I can't go to the next page.

btw: sander you suppose to edit you're post. j/k :lol:
Oct. 6, 2002, 6:12 a.m.
I suggest the Ikonboards if your no longer going to stick with phpbb :beer:
Oct. 6, 2002, 6:18 a.m.
I suggest the Ikonboards if your no longer going to stick with phpbb :beer:Jesse
I'm already looking at that, I've heard good things about it.

This doesn't mean that that board will come soon though, a lot will need to be done before I can replace this board with Ikonboard.
Oct. 6, 2002, 2:44 p.m.
The forum is still having problems. When I posted it didnt give me the confermation message and it didn't put the topic at the top of the list like it normally does. And it is taking a unusually long time to sbmit the post.
Oct. 6, 2002, 4:57 p.m.
I know… And the forum mailing system is also not working anymore…

I think I'll try reinstalling the board next weekend (as I am away from home untill Friday), see if that helps.

PS. I looked at Ikonboard, but it's a CGI board, which makes it unusable for me (as I need a MySQL members database to fit the board in with the rest of the site). They also have a PHP board, but that's still beta, and I'm not going to use a beta board.
Oct. 6, 2002, 5:02 p.m.
What will be deleted when you reinstall the board?
Oct. 7, 2002, 12:54 a.m.
What will be deleted when you reinstall the board?Tom
I will first try to reinstall it and put a complete backup back, so nothing will be lost. If that doesn't help, I'll delete all topics in the Offtopic forums and if that doesn't work either, I'll probably do a completely clean install, except for the members database, I don't want to loose that unless I am absolutely sure it helps.
Oct. 7, 2002, 2:25 a.m.
How about the new update of the forum?? 2.0.3 is released now…
Oct. 7, 2002, 3:47 a.m.
How about the new update of the forum?? 2.0.3 is released now…Brian

2.0.3 doesn't have many changes, only regarding security and ms access database, which I don't use. It won't solve the problems.

When I do a clean reinstall of this board, I will probably install 2.0.3 though. I hope they hurry up with 2.1/2.2, that one will have a lot of improvements and new features.

Active Topics

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

{[{ notification.title }]}

{[{ notification.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}
{[{ notification.sender.display_name }]}
older notifications mark all as read
Shoutbox
{[{ shout.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}