Grip Tuning

Jan. 22, 2008, 6:04 a.m.
I'm trying to find a good grip setup. Open to suggestion on a car. I already have a Evo X and a Audi RS4, and plan on buying a Skyline R34.
Gamertag TC4d
Jan. 22, 2008, 7:04 a.m.
for grip, you ought a have 2 cars, one for fast paced circuits with open curves, one for narrow and twist ones…

I suggest you use the LP640 for the fast tracks 4WD + big engine is much more responsive than placing your money on RWD vehicles

for the slow ones, either get a evo9 or the the 911, they are well balanced and using the right parts you can pretty much deal with anything.

For tuning, i have my own setups, but i don't have the game at hand to pass to you the exact numbers, just for a starter tip, add more brake force on the front brakes. This will help you by letting you brake later into the curve without loosing much grip or stability.
Jan. 22, 2008, 8:59 a.m.
I appreciate your input on car selection. My main problem area is suspension.
Jan. 22, 2008, 9:28 a.m.
more or less like this

-Front suspension / Rear suspension

For front engine vehicles, make the front stronger than the rear, no matter if the car if FR or FF. about 1-3 clicks of difference. For rear engine and midship vehicles, keep both values equal.

-Ride height
If you lower the car, remember to stiff the suspension accordingly, or you will be risking yourself to bottom out while braking or accelerating. Also, is your car is too low, it will be more prone to understeering and oversteering.

-Front & Rear rollbars

For this you will have to test… at first increase both equaly, less body roll means sharper turns. Then, change the values around to counter oversteering and understeering if necessary.

-Front tire & Rear tire

decrease the pressure on both, so you have a better grip

-Toe:

decrease it to increase your turning radius

-Camber:

use negative camber.

-Caster:

i normally keep this in the middle

-Steering:

increase its value… normally i max it
Jan. 22, 2008, 11:54 a.m.
Alright I'll try it out and work from their. Much appreciated.
March 9, 2008, 6:48 p.m.
Has anyone used a Ford GT in grip besides me? on my setup, it makes my 911 Turbo feel like a truck.
Sept. 28, 2009, 7:37 a.m.
Can u post ur Ford GT grip setup please
Oct. 5, 2009, 1:53 p.m.
I use a light, handling heavy Evo X. It requires to let go of the accelerate more often, but corners really well. TH eonly downfall is the tendency of flipping.
Oct. 5, 2009, 2:59 p.m.
Most of the setup parameters have little, if any, effect on lap times. Set tire pressures low, boost and nitrous high, (cam timing doesn't do much) and adjust gears if needed.

For a grip car, if you want points, use the 911 Turbo, if you want fast lap times, use the Zonda. The Ford GT is next fastest, but difficult to drive. Then the 911 Turbo, and then the Mazda RX8, which is probably the best car to use as a starter car. Here is a walkthough that includes recommend cars and the setups:

http://rcgldr.net/nfsp/nfspwt.txt
Nov. 25, 2012, 9:03 a.m.
I have a skyline r34 for grip it is the only one ill use. I need a detailed setup for it. I have all level three parts except level four suspension. Can anybody help and post a grip tuning setup for it? It would be much appreciated. I really want this car to work
Dec. 30, 2012, 5:12 a.m.
skyline works better in speed
Dec. 30, 2012, 10:48 p.m.
Stop replying to old threads.

THREAD LOCKED.

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

{[{ notification.title }]}

{[{ notification.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}
{[{ notification.sender.display_name }]}
older notifications mark all as read
Shoutbox