How do you feel about using models and textures from games made by other companies?

July 12, 2014, 4:38 p.m.
(first of all, sorry if this thread is in the wrong section!!)

How do you feel about for example converting cars into a Need for Speed game, that were taken from a game that was made by a company that's not EA? Like taking a car from GTA or Forza and putting it on NFS. I mean, I'm asking because I feel kind of awkward taking a car that another company spent money and time making its model and textures, and putting it on a Need for Speed. I know this must sound really silly because there are tons of cars from Forza here but some may get what I mean. And I'm not saying doing it is wrong or anything! I'm currently about to convert some cars from Colin Mcrae 2.0, and I'm probably gonna put some of my own vinyls on them and stuff.
I guess using files from a game like this is kind of the same as jailbreaking an iPod (you are allowed to hack something you own). But using them on a game made by another company still feels weird, as if the people who worked on making the car for its original game wouldn't be happy to see it used on another game.
So what do you think?
July 12, 2014, 8:48 p.m.
I think that converting is good. But EA must give us some money for doing this….. +D
July 12, 2014, 8:52 p.m.
1-If you aren't making any profits from Modding, there is no theft, technically, you're sharing contents with others. If you wanna earn money with Mods, aka either yours, or other people's works ported to a specific game, you're clearly commiting a crime.

2-What if your favourite car/character/map/weapon/etc is in a game you don't like, and you want to have it in a game you do like?
July 12, 2014, 8:54 p.m.
But EA must give us some money for doing this….. +DNitroHACKer;669944

DEFINITELY NOT.

Modding is about having your favourite contents in your favourite games, and since you're using other people's works most of the time, getting paid for others' hard work is a CRIME.
Jan. 28, 2015, 4:53 p.m.
^ This.
March 8, 2018, 1:59 p.m.
Ask this to the GTA SA community to see if they give 2 shits about this /s

really tho if you dont earn nothing doing it there is no reason to be worried about

Active Topics

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

{[{ notification.title }]}

{[{ notification.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}
{[{ notification.sender.display_name }]}
older notifications mark all as read
Shoutbox
{[{ shout.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}