How to remove NOS fire from breaklight ?

Jan. 18, 2018, 3:49 p.m.
How to remove NOS fire that comes from breaklights , not the  nos emitters from exhausts. ? I couldn't find anything specific in vlted
Jan. 19, 2018, 1:36 a.m.
With BINViewer, but don't do this on default cars of the game or it crashes.
Jan. 19, 2018, 2:21 a.m.
Understood sir , so that effect is determined by the model then ? Nothing can be done with vlted ? :D
Jan. 19, 2018, 4:47 a.m.
Brakelights, headlights, exhausts and cop lights effects are working by dummies (aka mount points). I don't know about VLT editor, if I've found a way, I'll let you know.
Jan. 19, 2018, 6:51 a.m.
Yes , i got it sir. It's not a big deal (essential) to me , so can wait even a year till you find a way for it or not :D Thank you for reply
Jan. 19, 2018, 8:47 a.m.
VltEd is used for working with the in game mechanics. Like your car's performance.

BINViewer is used for creating dummies so that your brakelight/headlight glow, exhaust etc work on your car.

You need BINViewer to fix your problem.
Jan. 19, 2018, 12:37 p.m.
Oiii , but the thing is , if i remove this , what will happen if i use breaks ? I mean breaklights are off the table if i remove the breaklight glowing just for the removing the nitrous "effect". ? Any predictions ? Or two are seperate , breaklight nitrous glow and breaklight break glow ?

Thank you for your reply :)
Jan. 19, 2018, 5:01 p.m.
They use the same mount point so if you remove the brakelight mount points the car will have no glow for the brakelights at all. That means no glow for the NOS but also no constant glow and now big glow when you brake. Some cars have brakelight textures that change when you brake but without the glow they don't look good.
I once looked in VltEd too but couldn't find what to edit either :/ There are those fields called "effects" or "emitters" or something like that, hopefully one of those controls this effect. But idk, maybe the effect is hardcoded somewhere else.
You probably already know this, but I think that editing any file except the "Gameplay" file with VltEd will make the game not compatible with Mod Loader.

By the way there is another mount point called "centre_brakelight" but BinViewer doesn't recognize it and you can only create it when you create the car in zModeler. That one only glows when you brake. It's not very useful because it's very small and you can't edit it with BinViewer to make it point to the back and glow properly.
Jan. 19, 2018, 5:32 p.m.
By adding
"0xA2A2FC7C = CENTRE_BRAKELIGHT"
under [Mount_Points] in HashValues.ini you can use it and will be recognized in BINViewer.
Jan. 19, 2018, 8:49 p.m.
Whoa neat!! I gotta try that, thanks a lot!!
Jan. 20, 2018, 4:40 a.m.
@badhairday
Yeah , like how i thought :D I couldn't find anything related to this in vlted in emitters of effects sections , only the exhaust fires and smokes. Sooo , it will be stupid to remove it as a conclusion :D i can close the topic , thank you verry muchh for everyone for replying to my question :)

Active Topics

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

{[{ notification.title }]}

{[{ notification.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}
{[{ notification.sender.display_name }]}
older notifications mark all as read
Shoutbox
{[{ shout.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}