Is it possible to make cars in Blender and use in NFS5?

June 26, 2014, 12:42 p.m.
Hi all, this is my first post so I hope it is in the right place.
I have used Blender 3D for 2 and a half years now and my skills are always growing. I have begun making cars, I made a BMW 850i, a Volvo 242 GL and a made-up military vehicle for some different game projects, but I have always had a passion for computers and I would now like to make a car in Blender for use in Need for Speed 5, the greatest game of my childhood. :) I'm fairly good at making cars so that's not much of a problem but what software can I use to get the model to work with NFS5? I can import and export into many file formats including .3ds and .obj so hopefully that will work…
June 26, 2014, 3:16 p.m.
use zmodeler / 3ds max
June 27, 2014, 2:34 a.m.
use zmodeler / 3ds maxs.s.t;669749

Thanks, I'll check those out.
June 28, 2014, 1:03 p.m.
no you just have to have a little practice
June 10, 2017, 12:40 p.m.
it finally comes down to which formay NFS 5 is supporting for models. So model the car in whichever program, if you can convert it to nfs format (since you can from 3dsmax, i think you can convert from blender to 3ds and then to nfs formats using utilities available here)
June 10, 2017, 2:46 p.m.
It's always possible to take advantage of the Blender API directly to write a NFSV or gimmex compatible plugin directly. If you don't mind learning the API from top to bottom

But using preexisting tools in a tool chain is a nice "substitute" if one doesn't want to get into the details.

Like you said, ultimately the limits is whatever bit widths in the format/container specifications the (Specifically the non-Playstation NFSV) EAGL engine uses, and the hardware it was designed for..
June 10, 2017, 6:54 p.m.
Hope to see some good 3d models for this game!

If anyone has any information on tutorials, tools, and such for this game, please link them! I would really like to start making mods for this game as well at some point.

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

{[{ notification.title }]}

{[{ notification.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}
{[{ notification.sender.display_name }]}
older notifications mark all as read
Shoutbox
{[{ shout.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}