Is it possible to "tone down" the way the AI customizes their cars in Most Wanted?

Sept. 27, 2017, 7:20 p.m.
When I play Most Wanted I see that the AI cars often look terrible, they usually have pink or fuchsia or aqua green colors, ugly vinyls and ugly wheels. Is it possible to edit the game with the VLT editor (or with a script for mod loader), or some other way, to tone down or disable the customization for the AI only? And make them pick better colors somehow?
If I recall correctly, when I picked an uncustomized car in NFS U2 the AI would barely customize their own or at least they looked normal. But in Most Wanted the AI cars usually have the ugliest colors.
Sept. 29, 2017, 3:06 p.m.
I think it should be done. In nodes of traffic cars, set IsCustomizable "false". If you have mod loader, use NFS-VltEd v2.1 and if not, use NFS VltEd v4.2 or the new which nfsu360 released it today (v4.5.7).

And it's natural that Rockport people are too poor. XD
Sept. 29, 2017, 3:18 p.m.
I paint most the rims textures black from the wheels folder, that way they can't be painted crazy colors. I delete the spoilers and roofscoop folders so they can't put those on, and it doesn't crash, they just aren't there. Then I delete all the vinyl texture files, then everything just solid colors. I keep the blacklist racer vinyl files and just edit everything to be blank except for their main ones, and i just give them a solid different color. But it would be nice to have even more control. Like disabling bodykits and such.
Sept. 29, 2017, 3:29 p.m.
Well, deleting SPOILER and ROOFSCOOPS folders will disable them for all cars, even for race cars.
Sept. 29, 2017, 3:47 p.m.
yeah, that's what i do. I use all mod cars and hypercars at that anyway, which mostly have their own spoilers.

regarding IsCustomizable, does that affect customizing the performance too or just the visuals?
Sept. 29, 2017, 4 p.m.
I think it includes performance too, but who uses performance for traffic cars?
Sept. 29, 2017, 9:18 p.m.
I don't mean the traffic cars, though, I mean the AI racers
Sept. 30, 2017, 2:25 a.m.
Most Wanted racers are lacks of tastes. I guess it is impossible, but not worse than Carbon racers that always use Lancer, Challenger and Gallardo.
Sept. 30, 2017, 8:55 a.m.
Yeah you are right about that :P

Thanks for the replies @ both of you!
Sept. 30, 2017, 10:24 a.m.
No problem. If I found anything, I'll let you know.

Active Topics

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

{[{ notification.title }]}

{[{ notification.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}
{[{ notification.sender.display_name }]}
older notifications mark all as read
Shoutbox
{[{ shout.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}