Mobile version for NFSCars?

April 25, 2011, 12:54 p.m.
Is anyone thinking about a mobile version for the site and forum? Is really annoying have to slowly load a epic load of shit for see topics or rides at showroom, even with high speed net connected to your iPod or anyother mobile thing.
April 25, 2011, 1:42 p.m.
Actually nfscars loads fine, and you're hearing that from someone who hijacks the university wireless network lol. Those speeds are total crap, and it still loads decently fast.
April 25, 2011, 2:03 p.m.
No, i use it by my home one, and is fast. I just cant stand the load of ads and huge images. And the Apple devices are slow to load non-mobile webpages
April 25, 2011, 3:36 p.m.
I have no problems with my iPhone and 1-4 Mb/s 3G.
April 25, 2011, 9:17 p.m.
I was visiting NFSCars from various Sony Ericsson phones, and I liked the fact that there is no mobile version of NFSCars.
April 25, 2011, 11:11 p.m.
nfscars works on mobile,but takes time to load.it is ok for seeing showrooms.chat does not work.
April 25, 2011, 11:15 p.m.
nfscars works on mobile,but takes time to load.it is ok for seeing showrooms.chat does not work.nfscu2;572905

Then your phone is a fail.

my phone works with a chat and everything.
April 26, 2011, 12:02 a.m.
i have no problems getting on NFSCars from my Ipod it's a Generation 4 with Wi-fi and no problems
April 26, 2011, 1:23 a.m.
Actually, i use sometimes my Sony Ericsson K770i with a downloaded browser called Opera Mini when i'm away at home and i don't have any problems at all about the connection. Maybe your internet provider or your phone is suck.
April 26, 2011, 1:27 a.m.
Opera FTW. I had Opera on various Sony Ericssons (W200i, K610i, K770i, Elm…) and on Siemens mobile phone, and I never had any problems with NFSCars.
April 26, 2011, 1:31 a.m.
^ Yeah and plus i'm having a trick i.p. and that means, i don't have to pay for my mobile internet fees. It's free and still fast.
April 26, 2011, 1:55 a.m.
My iPod loads it fine and fast, just i have to zoom in a lot to be able to hit the links :P Reading goes even without zooming in, but the links.. nah.

@Mikeman, i have the same as you.
April 26, 2011, 2:30 a.m.
This site needs to support Tapatalk.
April 26, 2011, 3:09 a.m.
My PSP Go is very quick in loading, even if the internet connection is slow, so I don't think there is a need for a mobile version.

(just my opinion)
April 26, 2011, 4:29 a.m.
I wanted to post a thread like this.

We need a touch smartphone friendly version, a cut-down User CP (touching a thread would go straight to last post, now the last post button is hard to hunt down), no avatars, sigs etc. Like newspaper sites, easy to zoom in and out. Of course this would need some programming…

Mostly when I try to go on NFSCars, any attempt to pinch the screen in or out, it'll get fucked. Also posting itself could be made more friendly.

It's about making more people spend more time on the site.

BTW: I was also thinking about giving the site a social networking quality of the site. Some twitter-linking would be good. Sometimes I just want to say what I think about a new thing or just express myself, but it seems kinda not worthy of establishing a whole new thread… and a 'tweet' visible to my friends/followers would be perfect.
ATM all you can do is public message, but that needs to be directed at someone specifically.

Active Topics

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

{[{ notification.title }]}

{[{ notification.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}
{[{ notification.sender.display_name }]}
older notifications mark all as read
Shoutbox
{[{ shout.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}