Mod EVER fall invisible in races

April 13, 2017, 1:33 p.m.
Guys, I'm having a problem with one of my last trying mods. It's Pajero's, that I've uploaded in showroom at last thursday.
I think it's not so heavy (originally~70k poly), compiled ~11 MB. But, for anything that I do, I can't stop to make it fall invisible.
- optimized textures (was more than 25, now it's 16);
- reconditionated nodes (all versions with BASE_A);
- removed ~10k polygons of unnecessary things.
No parts with +25k polys, no… In general, it's working, except for it.

It's to replace LANCEREVO8, and, in my game, until Corvettez06's Lancer MR falls invisible sometimes.

What can I do now?
April 13, 2017, 5:16 p.m.
Texture resolution kinda big. Best way to stop this problem is to race with no AI.
April 13, 2017, 5:20 p.m.
All textures are 256p or 512p, except one, 1024p. Needed to change it?

[EDIT] I've adjusted it, but is still crashing. No effect.
April 14, 2017, 5:14 a.m.
Other car mods in races can make your car invisible. (I didn't have problems with ghost cars (if AI or me doesn't uses Ford GT '17))Trolling-370x260.jpg
April 14, 2017, 1:52 p.m.
Yeah. The game can take 1 or 2, 1024x textures at once but more and it`ll ghost. Memory management related issue unfortunately. But as it was mentioned. check the other mods. Most likely they`ll be the culprits.
April 14, 2017, 9:12 p.m.
I've readed the comments and tested using only mods with minor textures. For Pajero is working excellent, but other mod has started to fall.

My latest mods (GTA conversions) has a little high number of textures (16~20). Can it help cars textures to crash?

EDIT: what's AI that you're talking about?
April 15, 2017, 2:26 a.m.
@Greger, not only textures. High poly models without lods can make car invisible (like on my Ford GT '17 and on any other conversions from CSR2)
April 15, 2017, 10:22 a.m.
High poly for its game is… 70k?

I made a trick with other mods, that's it: reindex INTERIOR to other part, or change BASE_A to other with 5k~10k polys. My Peugeot 308, Parati and Opala NEVER MORE has fallen after this. I'm trying it in Pajero's and other last conversions, and not working (or I've not found the "gold" nodes).

Note: all cars that I'm converting has less than 60k polys.

About INTERIOR, i saw Porsche4ever talking about this in Driving Passion, maybe you can remember.
April 15, 2017, 2:16 p.m.
I was a modder once but not only did I forget a lot, I also didnt and to this day dont a lot. I mean knew about lods and stuff but I never thought of adding them. Might be a reason why some of my v2 mods are ghosting apart from my high res textures. I will get back into modding once to rework them but its gonna be tough.
April 15, 2017, 3:42 p.m.
I read somewhere that someone said it's important to split the high poly parts into different parts, for example split the car body into doors, bumpers, hood, etc. Maybe separate the interior into seats and the rest too if it's possible. I never made a MW mod so I don't know though, and in NFS Underground 2 this problem seems to only be caused by big textures, Idk if that's the case for Most Wanted.
As for LODs, zmodeler 2 had a feature that lets you merge nearby vertices to make a lower poly model right? Which can look weird and ugly sometimes but for LODs I assume it's okay. I think it was submesh>weld but I forgot.
April 15, 2017, 5:31 p.m.
In MW with high poly models what I noticed is that I ran out of geometry names I can use. There just wasnt any. For example for my DeLorean this stamped the WIP on it forever. And I was reaching 21-25k polygons per geometry name. It didnt ghost or anyything as I payed a lot of attention to so that it wont but it was that I ran out of geometry names to use. One thing I can say is that I`ll start on it again someday and finish it. So maybe I can actually do it
April 16, 2017, 12:12 p.m.
I'm being tired of this. WHY I have cars with 80k pol working excellent and others with 50k crashing, even having low resolution textures? Seriously, two weeks trying to make Pajero works, tried all ways to fix it and… Without success.

Active Topics

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

{[{ notification.title }]}

{[{ notification.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}
{[{ notification.sender.display_name }]}
older notifications mark all as read
Shoutbox
{[{ shout.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}