modding is dry

Feb. 5, 2018, 9:37 p.m.
does anyone still make mods for need for speed pro street because all the mods for that game have gone dry so have need for speed underground and underground 2 and even if people do make mods for those games they dont take requests or tech other people how to mod we could work as a nfs community and bring back modding revive it with more mods
Feb. 5, 2018, 10:32 p.m.
Even if the NFS Modding scene isn't at the best , there are some things that I need to point out.

If you had looked correctly about the website you would see that there a couple of mods for ProStreet and other games here and on some other forums (see our Affiliates on the bottom of the page), when they don't already have their own page/blog somewhere; and most of the modders doesn't accept request for many reasons.

If some moddders are reticent to teach to people , they have their own reasons. You can't blame them for that.

If they accept it most of the time they end up by being harassed by requesters who doesn't understand most of the time what "time " and "patience" means. However there are exceptions.
Now modders create mods with quality over quantity. If they can do both that's even better for them.

So much nonsense in your statement, it's disappointing.
Feb. 5, 2018, 10:44 p.m.
i see where your comming from ti sonic i mean i dont know what its to be a modder i have never knowen of modders getting harrased thats definetly not right you should support them for trying to make mods cause bassically 90% of people dont mod the just harrase modders like you because they dont like your mods but i have ssen a few good pro street modders leave the modding scene like michal werd and AR41 and GM25
Feb. 5, 2018, 11:32 p.m.
bassically 90% of people dont mod the just harrase modders like you because they dont like your mods
Modder is modder, you must not judge about them and they are not your servants or bots. Remember, you can't give black name to them, cause they didn't accept your request(s) or you hate them.
Feb. 5, 2018, 11:34 p.m.
im not judging them or black naming them im trying to support them
Feb. 6, 2018, 6:42 a.m.
i have ssen a few good pro street modders leave the modding scene like michal werd and AR41 and GM25

You forgot Corvettez06.

Michael Werd got banned from here because of his bad behavior towards members.

AR4I and GM25 didn't left the scene, they still do mods. I can't talk for them but they indeed do mods. Same goes for me , I do mods when I feel it , and also because of how much I like the game.

Unforunately it happens that when you like to mod a game , some of the other games you used to mod doesn't attire you that much afterwards , that's why I do most of my mods for UG2 , UC and PS , and not so much for MW ( almost none for Carbon though)

My goal isn't to blame you , don't worry. Even if you want to support modders ( and that's quite rare to see, congrats to you :D ) , it's not easy as you think. Encouraging people is good , but there are some limits.
Feb. 6, 2018, 7:56 a.m.
Swig, you can learn modding for game you want by asking some modders. Meanwhile, GM25 is still building mods for U2 and AR41 wants to take a break for a while. He didn't left the scene as what Ti-Sonic said. Michael Werd was arrogant, like osdever and that's why he got banned. Corvettez06 can mod U2 and PS, but he's doing most of his mods on MW and Carbon, because these games are more popular.
Feb. 6, 2018, 11:19 p.m.
well as ya can tell i never knew about michal werd being a wanker i have only just started chatting on this modding form i support everyone on this website expet one little critisicm towards gm25 is that he does quantity over quality thats the only thing that bothers me about but other words he makes fantastic mods with such diffrent cars and sorry for my spelling i have dyslexia lmao
Feb. 7, 2018, 5:53 a.m.
It's fine dude , as long as you can explain it, it's okay.
Feb. 9, 2018, 10:14 p.m.
ti sonic i must ask but have you made mods just for yourself and never realesed because there must be few it would make sence right?
Feb. 10, 2018, 1:19 a.m.
It depends on license of the model. They are non-commercial or personal use. you are not allowed to use personal models for public mods.
Feb. 10, 2018, 1:37 a.m.
what do you mean by that?
Feb. 10, 2018, 4:31 a.m.
Some cars aren't including on games so modders will have to download model which modelled by someone (like TurboSquid website).

If they wrote "use personal only", you can't use it for public mods (like ACLambor private mod that Jack Rourke model was personal use, I guess) but if they wrote "non-commercial purpose" (or something like that) you can use for public mods and credit the model creator, like some mods of GM25 for U2.
Feb. 10, 2018, 1:20 p.m.
ti sonic i must ask but have you made mods just for yourself and never realesed because there must be few it would make sence right?

Your statement is quite wrong if you ask that about me. If I do a private mod , of course I won't publish it. But that applies only for me.

About other modders I don't know. If they do private mods , that's because they wanted it. I know that some people do make conversions for money , but they always say the status of the mod , to avoid some bad surprises.

Usually if the car model comes from a manufacturer , they're not meant to be used for commercial purposes (license , copyrights and all the shit that comes out of them) but there's a huge space between these conversions and the reality , most of the time when a mod is made , it has something different from the original models such as alternate wheels, different interior , custom-made parts , logos, etc.

On top of that I don't think manufacturers will come after each modder to ask them about copyrights and so on, there are too many of them xD
March 12, 2018, 4:29 p.m.
^This

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

{[{ notification.title }]}

{[{ notification.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}
{[{ notification.sender.display_name }]}
older notifications mark all as read
Shoutbox
{[{ shout.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}